Releases:Release Notes 2.0
These are the “running” or incremental release notes for Camino 2.0 (☢), i.e., the interesting bug-fixes since the last major release (e.g., 1.5) or milestone (e.g., Camino 1.6 Alpha 1). The actual release notes for major releases, milestones, or security releases can be found on the corresponding Releases:Ver:Notes page, e.g., Releases:1.6b1:Notes.
- (Note that not all checkins are considered interesting; in particular, fixes for regressions that only occur between milestones, code cleanup, or build changes are not included in release notes.)
- There are several pages that track "major" changes on the trunk. These could be useful when we create our final release notes. What's new on the trunk for Firefox 3.
These running release notes (and the milestone release notes that are developed from them) form the "complete" changelog on the website (1.0, 1.5); the release notes for the final 2.0 release are a summary or short-form and can be found at Releases:2.0:Notes.
Release Notes for Camino 2.0b4 are at Releases:2.0b4:Notes (Release Notes for Camino 2.0b3 are at Releases:2.0b3:Notes, notes for Camino 2.0b2 are at Releases:2.0b2:Notes, notes for Camino 2.0b1 are at Releases:2.0b1:Notes, and notes for Camino 2.0a1 are at Releases:2.0a1:Notes).
These notes are for checkins after the release of Camino 2.0b4.
- Viewing a full-screen Flash video no longer causes the keyboard shortcut for “Close Tab” to close the entire window instead.
- Worked around a Flash bug to prevent Flash from crashing Camino when invoking Exposé while a Flash video is playing in full-screen mode.
- Restored the ability to use the Delete key as a shortcut for “Back” and the Escape key as a shortcut to stop animated GIF files.
- Upgraded the built-in Growl framework to prevent Growl registration from stealing focus from Camino on Mac OS X 10.6.
Bookmarks & History
- Exporting bookmarks using the Safari format no longer uses an incorrect filename extension on subsequent exports.
- Added support for importing Opera 10 bookmarks.
- Command-click now defaults to opening links in new tabs instead of new windows.
- When adding cookie exceptions, Camino now adds the correct exception for “.sitename.tld” cookies.
- The presence of non-ASCII data in cookie values no longer prevents display of the list of stored cookies.
Privacy & Security
- It is once again possible to trust new Certificate Authorities.
- Added AppleScript support for setting the active tab in each browser window.
- Tabs now support “name” as an alias for the “title” property.
- Polished a number of Preferences and Downloads window toolbar icons to fit more closely with the visual style of Mac OS X 10.5 and later.
Web Page Interaction
merge from Releases:2.0b4:Notes if needed
- Need to bump Shockwave 11.0 to 11.0r470 to avoid Bug 445520
- Add Google Desktop crash note
- Remove 1Password?
- Reword Flash note to make it clear up-front that it's a Flash 9 plugin bug.
General thought: can we break out the plugin bugs that have nothing to do with Camino 2 vs 1.6.x and label them differently? Bloggers using our release notes as their material sometimes call these out as if they are regressions.
- I wonder if we could have an item "Issues caused by incompatible third-party software" (or the like) and have the plug-in and hack issues be children of that item?