Releases:Release Notes 2.1
These are the “running” or incremental release notes for Camino 2.1 (𝌙), i.e., the interesting bug-fixes since the last major release (e.g., 1.5) or milestone (e.g., Camino 1.6 Alpha 1). The actual release notes for major releases, milestones, or security releases can be found on the corresponding Releases:Ver:Notes page, e.g., Releases:1.6b1:Notes.
- (Note that not all checkins are considered interesting; in particular, fixes for regressions that only occur between milestones, code cleanup, or build changes are not included in release notes.)
- There are several pages that track "major" changes on the trunk. These could be useful when we create our final release notes. Firefox 3.6 for developers.
These running release notes (and the milestone release notes that are developed from them) form the "complete" changelog on the website (1.0, 1.5); the release notes for the final 2.0 release are a summary or short-form and can be found at Releases:2.0:Notes.
These notes are for checkins after the release of Camino 2.1b2.
- “Fill Form” can now read the homepage URL from “Me” cards created on Mac OS X 10.4 or later.
- “Fill Form” will now try to fill in fields that have “Website” as label text.
- “Fill Form” will no longer fill “surname” fields with the full name.
- Changed the default search engines to use SSL connections.
- Upgraded the Growl framework to version 1.2.2 to support interaction with Growl 1.3.
- The Camino Crash Reporter now includes the time a version of Camino was first installed when sending crash reports.
- Upgraded the Breakpad framework that supports the Camino Crash Reporter.
Bookmarks & History
- Activated maintenance routines for the history database.
- Changed Google-related bookmarks to use SSL in new profiles.
Privacy & Security
- Blocked versions of Adobe Flash Player older than 10.3.183.10 on Intel Macs due to severe security issues.
- Camino now remembers the state of the “Remember this decision?” checkbox in the “Allow Cookie” dialog.
- The body of the lock icon for pages with a mix of content served over SSL and content not served over SSL now matches the look of the lock icon for pages served entirely over SSL.
Web Page Interaction
- The multi-touch “pinch” gesture to zoom a web page works once again when invoked over the web page.
- Downloadable fonts will work once again for Mac OS X 10.7 “Lion” users running version 10.7.2 or higher.
- Upgraded the “Block Flash animations” code to use Flashblock 1.5.15.
- Improved ad-blocking.
merge from Releases:2.1b2:Notes if needed