Status Meetings:2006-11-08:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
12:08 <@froodian> well, let's start sans ss
12:08 <@froodian> if people are cool with that
12:09 <@froodian> everybody point camino at 
                  http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2006-11-08:Agenda
12:09  * ardissone|away notes froodian makes a fine ss, too ;)
12:10 <@froodian> hicks posted the graphical stuff we needed to Bug 355323
12:10 <@froodian> so somebody should fix that
12:10 <@froodian> it's blocking another pop-up followup
12:11 < ardissone|away> did kreeger have a patch for gradient we could reuse?
12:11 <@froodian> dunno.  we should ask him if/when he joins
12:11 < ardissone|away> (why is he not in this room?)
12:12 -!- smorgan has joined #camino-mtg
12:12 < ardissone|away> i think before we went glossy foo, he had a gradient patch
12:12 -!- ardissone|away is now known as ardissone|food
12:12 <@froodian> well, that definitely needs to get looked at.  the pop-up blocker needs to 
                  start getting whipped into release shape
12:13 < ardissone|food> yeah, there are a couple of patches waiting for pink to sr, iirc
12:13 <@pinkerton> totally slammed this week, sorry
12:13 <@pinkerton> i think the only big thing in my q is the keychain thing tho
12:13 < murph> I'm just about ready with the text wrapping bug, which needs that gradient
12:13 <@pinkerton> shouldn't be anything else
12:14 <@froodian> pinkerton: yes, that's correct
12:14 <@pinkerton> btw, i sorta like the black. *shrug*
12:14 <@froodian> pinkerton: the problem w/ it is that we need something that can be more than 
                  one line
12:14 <@pinkerton> ah
12:14 <@froodian> i like it too though
12:14 < ardissone|food> (among others, but that's the biggie)
12:14 <@froodian> it's grown on me
12:14 < smorgan> Presumably there could be a multi-part gradient that would look not unlike the 
                 current image
12:15 < murph> a gradient is resolution independent as well..which is a nice bonus
12:15  * ardissone|food is not ready to give up on the HIG quite yet ;)
12:15 < ardissone|food> the buttons look funny on it, and focus ring issues
12:15  * froodian doesn't quite understand which suggestion that comment relates to
12:16 <@froodian> ah
12:16 <@froodian> kreeger: did you ever have a patch for using a gradient on the pop-up blocker?
12:17 <@kreeger> i wrote the patch to use the graphics that hick gave us
12:17 <@kreeger> if that is what you mean
12:17 <@ardissone|food> before that, didn't you have one for a gradient
12:17 <@ardissone|food> (on that same bug)?
12:17 <@kreeger> i dont think so
12:18 <@ardissone|food> k
12:18 <@froodian> well, somebody should do that.  it seems right up murph's alley, personally ;)
12:18 <@ardissone|food> maybe it's just the throbbing head
12:18 <@kreeger> heh
12:18 <@murph> yeah, I don't mind taking that job..
12:18 <@kreeger> whats the decision there
12:18 <@kreeger> ?
12:18 <@kreeger> are we changing the color or something?
12:18 <@froodian> well, it needs to be able to span more than one line
12:19 <@froodian> and we should decide if we're changing the color or not
12:19 <@froodian> (now, probably)
12:19 <@ardissone|food> bug 355323 comment 2
12:19 <@ardissone|food> we decided this at a previous meeting
12:19 <@froodian> hey, what do you know
12:20 <@ardissone|food> i don't remember which, but i was at that one
12:20 <@froodian> ok, so let's have murph do it up with the blue (thanks murph) colors jon gave
12:20 <@ardissone|food> make it so :)
12:20 <@murph> yeah, sure thing froodian.
12:20 <@froodian> next
12:20 <@froodian> software update
12:20 <@froodian> are we going to have it?
12:20 <@kreeger> all you have to do is change the image
12:20 <@froodian> if so, we need to hop on that
12:21 <@froodian> kreeger: no, it has to be done programmatically, not with an image
12:21 <@froodian> so that it can span multiple liines
12:21 <@kreeger> it already does that
12:21 <@kreeger>  [mPopupBlockedBackgroundImage drawTiledInRect:aRect
12:21 <@froodian> but then the gradient would repeat, wouldn't it?
12:21 <@froodian> where we want it to stretch
12:21 <@kreeger> oh
12:21 <@kreeger> yeah that would be an easy
12:22 <@kreeger> fix
12:22 <@kreeger> one liner
12:22 <@ardissone|food> also, when fixing that nib, we need to fixed the "blocked" text
12:22 <@froodian> (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=358686)
12:22 <@ardissone|food> so whoever fixes that, see the deps list for the text bug
12:22 <@ardissone|food> and make that change
12:23 <@kreeger> murph: go for it ;-)
12:23 <@smorgan> I don't think we should say window
12:23 <@smorgan> It makes the text longer for no real benefit
12:23 <@kreeger> its all in BrowserWrapper in drawRect: (~ line 1162)
12:23 <@murph> kreeger: isn't CoreGraphics code the only way to draw a gradient.. without just 
               stretching images?
12:23 <@ardissone|food> (we do a gradient in the bm bar)
12:24 <@kreeger> are you using the graphic hicks gave us?
12:24 <@kreeger> if so, look that the code that draws the bookmark toolbar
12:24 <@kreeger> it stretches the gradient
12:24 <@ardissone|food> we're not using a graphic, just 2 values
12:25 <@ardissone|food> just like the bm bar on 10.4 ;)
12:25 <@kreeger> oh
12:25 <@kreeger> ok then look at the toolbar then ;-)
12:25 <@kreeger> or you can do...
12:26 <@ardissone|food> smorgan: that's fine, i think
12:26 <@froodian> yeah, i'm willing to lose "window"
12:27 <@froodian> so, next item?  Software update?
12:27 <@murph> yeah, I will check out the bm toolbar before starting anything on this one.
12:27 <@kreeger> something like this http://pastebin.mozilla.org/1254
12:27 <@smorgan> Lets not do the entire implementation during the meeting please
12:28 <@kreeger> even thought it is very ugly
12:28 <@ardissone|food> i think we need a committment from someone to do it, or we kick it to 
                        1.2 now
12:28 <@froodian> i agree
12:28 <@froodian> i'd really like it
12:28 <@kreeger> i don't have the time or i would do it
12:28 <@froodian> (but am not willing to commit to do it)
12:28 <@ardissone|food> personally, i'd rather see session saving and zoom and kqueue etc than 
                        that
12:28 <@froodian> yeah, i spoze
12:28 <@froodian> i'm just sick of hearing about sparkle
12:28 <@ardissone|food> and a release before next may :P
12:29 <@ardissone|food> !clone developers
12:29 <@froodian> ok, anybody oppose kicking it to 1.2?
12:29 <@delliott> !clone people who can do my dissertation
12:29 -!- kreeger is now known as kreeger-away
12:29 <@ardissone|food> !clone delliott
12:30 <@delliott> That would be awesome.
12:30 <@froodian> ok, software update is kicked.
12:30 <@froodian> next: tinderboxen
12:30 <@ardissone|food> done
12:30 <@froodian> we moved to 10.3 SDK on trunk
12:30 <@froodian> mostly
12:30 <@froodian> it needs to get fixed so that it's 10.3.9 on PPC
12:30 <@froodian> and not 10.3.0
12:30 <@ardissone|food> :(
12:31 <@froodian> and then it needs to land on branch
12:31  * ardissone|food grrs at xcode
12:31 <@ardissone|food> all seems well, except some new warnings
12:31 <@froodian> mhm
12:31 <@ardissone|food> none of them seem too evil
12:32 <@ardissone|food> should we file bugs on them?
12:32 <@pinkerton> switching sdks can have functionality differences
12:32 <@pinkerton> are we sure we want to do that this late?
12:32  * delliott -> Mosque for dinner
12:32 <@ardissone|food> it's been a real pita bug-wise
12:33  * froodian pings mento, so he knows we're discussing this
12:33 <@ardissone|food> and we're just post alpha 1
12:33 <@ardissone|food> but IANAD ;)
12:35 <@ardissone|food> also having one on trunk and another on branch means extra branch 
                        testing before checkins
12:35  * smorgan hides
12:35 <@froodian> heh
12:36 <@froodian> well, if we don't want it, we should decide that right now before it's (more 
                  of a) royal pain in the ass
12:37 -!- delliott has quit [Quit: delliott]
12:37 <@ardissone|food> smorgan: sorry about that; i would have warned you had i had an internet 
                        connection :(
12:38 <@smorgan> Do SDK changes really change behavior?  I thought host OS was actually the 
                 trigger for that kind of thing
12:38 <@ardissone|food> there were some small changes we had to account for with 10.4u, iirc
12:38 <@smorgan> (host OS meaning OS it's compiled on)
12:38 <@ardissone|food> mento or krmathis would remember
12:41 <@smorgan> pinkerton, mento: I think one of both of you needs to just call this one, since 
                 I don't think the rest of us know what kinds of things we may end up dealing 
                 with as a result.
12:41 <@pinkerton> the SDK you link against affects behavior
12:41 <@pinkerton> the os uses it to give different beahvior for backwards compatibility to old 
                   apps as they make changes
12:42 <@pinkerton> it's just that we haven't shipped anything against the 10.3 sdk, while we 
                   have with 10.2 and 10.4
12:43 <@ardissone|food> to play devil, we never shipped against 10.4 until 1.0RC
12:44 <@pinkerton> heh
12:44 <@smorgan> Can we set the deployment target to 10.3 with the 10.4 SDK?
12:44 <@ardissone|food> 10.3.9 only
12:45 <@ardissone|food> aiui
12:45  * ardissone|food shuts up
12:45 <@pinkerton> we should keep an eye out for things if we do. just raising the issue
12:45 <@pinkerton> if everyone will watch out, let's make the change
12:46 <@smorgan> Sounds good to me
12:46 <@ardissone|food> we're getting some good watching currently
12:46 <@ardissone|food> a1 has found some hiddne regerssions :)
12:46 <@smorgan> I think pinkerton just promised to upgrade to a nightly built with the 10.3 SDK 
                 ;)
12:47 <@froodian> cool
12:47 <@froodian> next?
12:47 <@ardissone|food> queues :P
12:47 <@froodian> Q update:  Both queues are pretty swamped right now, and it's hurting dev 
                  speed.  I know everybody's doing what they can, we just have to make sure it 
                  doesn't last indefinately.  You know who you are. ;)
12:48 <@ardissone|food> we need to see if we can get josh to do a few, too
12:48 <@ardissone|food> but if we want to use smorgan as sr, we also need a few more folks doing 
                        r :)
12:49 !sand.mozilla.org froodian invited thebot into the channel.
12:49 -!- thebot has joined #camino-mtg
12:49 <@froodian> another issue is bug 155956
12:49 < thebot> froodian: Bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=155956 nor, --, 
                Camino1.1, torben@Spamfence.net, NEW, Zoom command is "maximizing to fill 
                screen" instead of to fit contents
12:49 <@froodian> smfr doesn't seem to be inclined to sr it
12:49 <@froodian> either somebody should convince him to, or we need to retarget
12:49 <@pinkerton> heh
12:49 <@smorgan> People shouldn't target smfr with things
12:49 <@smorgan> I asked him about it
12:49  * froodian weeps mightily
12:50 <@froodian> ok
12:50 <@ardissone|food> i'll add that to the wiki
12:50 <@smorgan> He said he'll jump in sometime as he feels like it, but if he doesn't want to 
                 do it it's likely to rot
12:50 <@smorgan> (doesn't want to == doesn't have time, basically)
12:51 <@ardissone|food> the only thing he's done reliably is ad-blocking, since pink made him 
                        own it ;)
12:51 <@froodian> pinkerton: looks like you have 2 big patches in your sr q now :p
12:51 <@pinkerton> ok
12:51 <@smorgan> He seems to be at the level where he can offer suggestions and pointers, but 
                 can't commit to the overhead of actually testing patches thoroughly
12:51 -!- kreeger-away is now known as kreeger
12:52 <@froodian> anybody have anything else before we adjourn?
12:52 <@smorgan> Sorry to everyone who vouched for me? :P
12:52 <@ardissone|food> fix thorny 1.1 bugs ;)
12:52 <@froodian> smorgan: had to happen sooner or later
12:53 <@smorgan> I'm nothing if not efficient
12:53 <@froodian> heh
12:53 <@ardissone|food> you're not a real contributor until you make the tree red :)
12:53 <@froodian> ok, thanks for coming everybody.  See you all next week.  Fix bugs, review 
                  bugs, land bugs.
12:53 <@smorgan> I'd rather people land patches than bugs
12:53  * ardissone|food has made maya red without even having cvs privs ;)
12:53 <@froodian> heh
12:53 <@ardissone|food> hehe
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox