Status Meetings:2007-02-14:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[10:08am] You changed the topic to "http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2007-02-14:Agenda".
[12:00pm] kreeger joined the chat room.
[12:00pm] ardissone|away: heh
[12:00pm] kreeger was promoted to operator by froodian|snowday.
[12:00pm] mento joined the chat room.
[12:00pm] mento was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:00pm] murph joined the chat room.
[12:01pm] murph was promoted to operator by froodian|snowday.
[12:01pm] murph: hey guys
[12:01pm] ardissone|away: smorgan still stuck in traffic?
[12:07pm] You are now known as ardissone|food.
[12:08pm] froodian|snowday: ok, let's start, and hope he catches up soon 
[12:09pm] froodian|snowday: 1.1b1
[12:09pm] froodian|snowday: We planned the freeze tomorrow, but there's still a lot of stuff (although we've been very productive)
[12:09pm] froodian|snowday: So we have a choice
[12:09pm] ss: How much if it is l10n stuff?
[12:09pm] ardissone|food: please do open http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2007-02-14:Agenda in your Caminos
[12:10pm] froodian|snowday: all
[12:10pm] ss: Oh, right. 
[12:10pm] ardissone|food: they're also all parts of fixing big whole in major features
[12:10pm] ardissone|food: that we want "finished" for good testing
[12:11pm] froodian|snowday: Either we release now, but let l10n slip (to another, less milestony build), or we let the date slip and have 1.1b1 be all it was intended to be
[12:11pm] ardissone|food: smorgan seemed amenable to slipping a few days to get these bugs in when we talked last night, as am i
[12:11pm] mento: jeezaloo, i just emptied my sr q yesterday afternoon, and look at what you clowns did to it already!
[12:12pm] ss: mento: Think of how pink feels!
[12:12pm] kreeger: heh
[12:12pm] mento: ha
[12:12pm] mento: guess i know what i'm doing later
[12:12pm] ss: I didn't realize I had a review waiting on me. I'll get right on that.
[12:12pm] ardissone|food: sucks to be the big cheese 
[12:12pm] mento: heh
[12:12pm] froodian|snowday: mento: in addition to the reviews targeted to you
[12:12pm] froodian|snowday: there's also flashblock
[12:12pm] ardissone|food: ss: you have 3, but only 1 critical; i've been bugging you for 2 weeks 
[12:13pm] froodian|snowday: which is fully ready now
[12:13pm] mento: right, i'm aware of flashblock
[12:13pm] froodian|snowday: ok
[12:13pm] ardissone|food: it blocks another bug
[12:13pm] ardissone|food: which in turn blocks most of the remianing popup blocking fizes
[12:13pm] ss: ardissone|food: Yeah, only one is priority. 
[12:13pm] mento: er, cuz of the nib
[12:13pm] ardissone|food: mhm
[12:13pm] mento: ok
[12:14pm] kreeger: which one is the priority?
[12:14pm] ardissone|food: so i'd say flashblock then kqueue
[12:14pm] ss: I would too.
[12:14pm] mento: agree
[12:14pm] ss: Simply because flashblock is l10n.
[12:14pm] ardissone|food: then the rest of smorgan's fixes
[12:15pm] murph: I'd be glad to r smorgan's "unblock popup" exceptions list bug
[12:15pm] froodian|snowday: excellent
[12:16pm] froodian|snowday: <bill>Excellent!</bill>
[12:16pm] ardissone|food: so, are we all OK with slipping to, say, next Weds, for the freeze?
[12:16pm] mento: my inclination is to try for everything that's got string or nib implications
[12:16pm] ardissone|food: which is everything in that first sub-head
[12:16pm] ardissone|food: er, sub-list
[12:17pm] kreeger: fine by me
[12:17pm] ss: We could always have an RC later, fwiw.
[12:17pm] ss: But I'm okay with slipping.
[12:17pm] mento: mhm
[12:17pm] murph: yeah, sounds good here
[12:17pm] froodian|snowday: nods too
[12:17pm] froodian|snowday: sound like a consensus, folks
[12:17pm] ardissone|food: ok, so new freeze is 21 Feb
[12:17pm] froodian|snowday: s/sound/sounds
[12:18pm] ardissone|food: (no valentine from camino this year)
[12:18pm] ss: Heh
[12:18pm] smorgan joined the chat room.
[12:18pm] froodian|snowday: Speaking of which, it's been a year since 1.0.  Crazy, huh?
[12:18pm] kreeger: heh
[12:18pm] smorgan: Sorry I'm late 
[12:18pm] ardissone|food: i had a much better sleep last night than a year ago
[12:18pm] murph: hehe, true, but the release notes will be much more impressive with most of this sub-list implemented
[12:18pm] ss: I actually got to sleep last night. 
[12:18pm] froodian|snowday: smorgan: [12:18pm] <ardissone|food> ok, so new freeze is 21 Feb
[12:18pm] ardissone|food: right
[12:19pm] smorgan: Coo
[12:19pm] mento: ha, that's right - no valentine, and barely even a president's day gift
[12:19pm] ardissone|food: we can do a nice ash wednesday camino
[12:19pm] smorgan was promoted to operator by mento.
[12:19pm] ss: And a Easter 1.0? 
[12:19pm] ss: Err... 1.1
[12:20pm] froodian|snowday: Alright, so given that we're slipping, I don't think we need to discuss these all individually
[12:20pm] ardissone|food: hopefully a bit before that, but yeah
[12:20pm] froodian|snowday: most of them are in a good place
[12:20pm] ardissone|food: mhm
[12:21pm] ardissone|food: good job everyone!
[12:21pm] smorgan: we all rock
[12:21pm] froodian|snowday: So.  We can come back to the specific bugs we want to discuss
[12:21pm] froodian|snowday: let's move on
[12:21pm] froodian|snowday: Pawn is... different
[12:21pm] froodian|snowday: So that's fun 
[12:21pm] ardissone|food: mento has the magic
[12:21pm] mento: ts is periodically timing out
[12:21pm] froodian|snowday: Bookmark loss has not averaged 2/week
[12:22pm] froodian|snowday: it comes and goes
[12:22pm] mento: i can bump the timeout up from 25 to 30s
[12:22pm] froodian|snowday: As many as 3/week or as few as 1/month
[12:22pm] ardissone|food: still more green than orange yesterday 
[12:22pm] ardissone|food: that makes me feel better, then
[12:23pm] froodian|snowday: It's still "way more than we want" though
[12:23pm] froodian|snowday: so the faster we push out 1.1, the better 
[12:23pm] ardissone|food: another reason to get people off of 10x
[12:23pm] mento: speaking of 10x
[12:24pm] mento: what's your argument for the keychain patch?
[12:25pm] ardissone|food: we need so ship other security fixes
[12:25pm] ardissone|food: and need to give l10n time to get the new nib translated
[12:25pm] ss: Why delay it? Or why have it at all?
[12:25pm] ardissone|food: so sam, pink, and i decided to push it to 105
[12:26pm] ardissone|food: also, it has deps
[12:26pm] mento: out for 104 and i'll mark it ? for 105
[12:26pm] ardissone|food: and we need smorgan working on 1.1b1 stuff
[12:26pm] ss: Right
[12:26pm] ardissone|food: yes
[12:26pm] ardissone|food: i have some other flag-twiddling to do there, too
[12:27pm] ardissone|food: and then wiki->rtf the relnotes
[12:27pm] ardissone|food: gecko's set for 21 Feb, but i don't think we can match them exactly, given b1
[12:28pm] froodian|snowday: queues are slammed, but just 'cause we keep slamming them
[12:28pm] mento: that's tight.
[12:28pm] froodian|snowday: Anybody have anything else before we move to specific bugs?
[12:29pm] thebot joined the chat room.
[12:29pm] mento: gentlemen, lunch is calling - if you need my input, make my computer beep sometime after lunch.
[12:29pm] kreeger: if someone needs a review, feel free to target me
[12:29pm] kreeger: i've got to run as well
[12:29pm] ardissone|food: mento: thanks 
[12:30pm] kreeger left the chat room. (Quit: kreeger)
[12:30pm] froodian|snowday: ok, Bug 368395
[12:30pm] thebot: froodian|snowday: Bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=368395 enh, --, Camino2.0, nobody@mozilla.org, NEW, Encourage the user not to restore after crash if the dialog has been thrown recently
[12:30pm] froodian|snowday: if we're going to fix it before 1.1, we'll need to land strings
[12:30pm] froodian|snowday: So we should decide if we want to
[12:32pm] froodian|snowday: Personally, I say yes
[12:32pm] ardissone|food: smorgan seemed inclined yesterday not to do it unless we saw the need, iirc
[12:32pm] ss: Yeah, I think I would too. Or at least yes to landing the strings.
[12:32pm] froodian|snowday: Unfortunately, we can't know if there's the need until we need to have decided 
[12:33pm] froodian|snowday: worse comes to worse, we could just have an unused string for a release
[12:33pm] froodian|snowday: but if we say no now, we're locked into that
[12:33pm] ss: I'd feel comfortable with that.
[12:33pm] ss: Because we could always use the string later.
[12:33pm] ss: In a 1.1.1 or something
[12:34pm] ardissone|food: i'd prefer we land some strings, but it'll be some work to get good ones 
[12:34pm] ss: smorgan: You have any thoughts now?
[12:34pm] froodian|snowday: smorgan: murph also said he was willing to r that
[12:34pm] smorgan: I don't really care if it's there
[12:34pm] smorgan: I just don't think it's necessarily worth the effort
[12:34pm] murph: yeah, I'll make time for that today
[12:34pm] smorgan: But if others want to do it, that's fine
[12:35pm] froodian|snowday: OK, sounds like "yes" to strings
[12:35pm] froodian|snowday: Might as well leave our options open
[12:36pm] ardissone|food: k
[12:36pm] murph: yeah, if you guys have time to craft something up, might as well
[12:36pm] froodian|snowday:        Bug 364550    
[12:36pm] thebot: froodian|snowday: Bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=364550 nor, --, Camino1.1, camino@seanmurph.com, NEW, Need spelling UI to allow selection/changing spell check language
[12:36pm] froodian|snowday: ardissone|food?
[12:36pm] ardissone|food: so, can we get a summary of where this bug is, and if we can land strings for it in case?
[12:37pm] ardissone|food: i.e., what strings would we need, and what does Apple give us
[12:37pm] murph: alright, here's the deal with that oneā€¦
[12:38pm] murph: allowing access to and supporting the standard NSSpellChecker panel is my preferable approach
[12:38pm] murph: the panel's "Find Next" behavior requires us to iterate over all the misspelled words in the focused editor
[12:39pm] murph: and the Core support for doing so is currently inconsistent and somewhat buggy
[12:39pm] smorgan: murph: do you have a reasonable workaround?
[12:39pm] murph: I can work around the bugs, yes
[12:39pm] murph: not too hack-ish either, just comparing the returned string with the active selection
[12:40pm] ss: Working around the bugs is probably going to be what we have to do.
[12:40pm] ss: Getting in a core change on the branch isn't a likely scenario.
[12:41pm] ardissone|food: especially in unowned code
[12:41pm] smorgan: If there's a reasonable workaround, go forward with that, and we'll push for fixes on trunk
[12:41pm] smorgan: I didn't realize that that code was semi-orphaned
[12:41pm] murph: ok, will do
[12:41pm] ardissone|food: editor is not so hot, no
[12:42pm] ss: smfr might be able to push through some changes
[12:42pm] ss: But it'd be kind of unlikely, I think.
[12:42pm] ardissone|food: esp since Fx uses that code
[12:42pm] ardissone|food: anyway
[12:42pm] froodian|snowday: ok
[12:43pm] froodian|snowday: I think that's a wrap
[12:43pm] froodian|snowday: anybody have anything else for this meeting?
[12:43pm] ss: That's it for me. I'll do my reviews. 
[12:43pm] froodian|snowday: Good meeting folks, 1.1b1 is almost there 
[12:43pm] froodian|snowday: fix, fix, fix!
[12:43pm] froodian|snowday was kicked from the chat room by froodian|snowday. (kick, kick, kick!)
[12:43pm] ardissone|food: go have some fun v-day and then fix bugs
[12:44pm] froodian|snowday joined the chat room.
[12:44pm] froodian|snowday: oh
[12:44pm] murph: alrighty, take care everyone
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox