Status Meetings:2007-06-06:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[12:05pm] Topic changed to "http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2007-06-06:Agenda" by mento.
[12:05pm] cl left the chat room. (Connection reset by peer)
[12:06pm] cl_ is now known as cl.
[12:07pm] ardissone|away: gah, i changed days but not month 
[12:07pm] pinkerton joined the chat room.
[12:07pm] pinkerton was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:07pm] cl: heh
[12:07pm] pinkerton: oh sure, don't invite me
[12:07pm] mento: got your back
[12:07pm] ss: Oh, right
[12:07pm] ss: forgot too
[12:07pm] cl: "oh yeah, meeting"
[12:07pm] pinkerton: mmmm i see.
[12:07pm] ss: Everyone here?
[12:07pm] mento: did somebody say ouster? 
[12:07pm] _Tsk_ was promoted to operator by you.
[12:08pm] cl was promoted to operator by you.
[12:08pm] jeff was promoted to operator by you.
[12:08pm] peeja was promoted to operator by you.
[12:08pm] ardissone|away: kreeger?
[12:08pm] smorgan was promoted to operator by you.
[12:08pm] ardissone|away: anyone seen murph?
[12:08pm] ss: Haven't seen murph yet
[12:08pm] kreeger joined the chat room.
[12:08pm] kreeger was promoted to operator by ss.
[12:08pm] ardissone|away: yeah, not for 2 weeks 
[12:08pm] ss: Alright
[12:08pm] peeja: huh, are we ever going to se froodian in here again?
[12:08pm] ss: Welcome to another meeting
[12:08pm] cl: he was here last night
[12:08pm] ss: peeja: Probably not
[12:08pm] ss: cl: He means for a meeting
[12:08pm] ss: So, uh, we kind of did this release yesterday
[12:09pm] peeja: cheers!
[12:09pm] ss: And it went well. 
[12:09pm] ss: Very well, actually.
[12:09pm] mento: except for 1passwd
[12:09pm] ss: Right
[12:09pm] mento: is there something we can do to be more vocal about that?
[12:09pm] mento: mention it on the download page?
[12:09pm] ss: We can blog about it
[12:09pm] ss: On cb.o
[12:09pm] ss: We shouldn't be afraid to, as long as it's worded right
[12:09pm] ss: I can do that today.
[12:10pm] smorgan: My favorite is the people who know that they need to upgrade it to work, but blame us for breaking it
[12:10pm] ss: Speaking of the website, it came out pretty good thanks to some stand-in help and ardissone|away 
[12:10pm] cl: smorgan: yeah. Those people are great.
[12:10pm] ss: There's some things that need work
[12:10pm] ss: But we'll get them little by little
[12:10pm] ss: We also have talkback reports for 1.5 now
[12:10pm] ss: And I'll talk to Jay about getting them for the 1.6 branch
[12:11pm] ss: Camino 1.0.5 needs some patch reviews
[12:11pm] ss: (And SRs?)
[12:11pm] ardissone|away: 1 sr
[12:11pm] mento: web site looks good.  are we concerned that the BBC is so huge?  is it public domain?  have they granted consent?
[12:11pm] ss: pinkerton: ^^
[12:11pm] ardissone|away: and can we land murph or not
[12:11pm] pinkerton: mento: i asked that and was laughed at
[12:11pm] ss: mento: We're not concerned, nope.
[12:11pm] mento: it's a serious question
[12:11pm] ss: It is a serious question and I ran it by a couple people.
[12:11pm] ss: We're fine
[12:11pm] pinkerton: ok, i'll try to get to my sr q
[12:12pm] ardissone|away: the passwd stealing bug first
[12:12pm] ss: We're setting release for the 19th
[12:12pm] ss: So post-WWDC
[12:12pm] ss: That'll be our last release on that branch
[12:12pm] pinkerton: k
[12:12pm] ss: And we can all move on to better things
[12:12pm] ss: For l10n
[12:13pm] ss: We're not 100% sure what to do if they don't translate the new strings
[12:13pm] ss: We could ship the en-US nib
[12:13pm] ss: Or we could not have those localizations
[12:13pm] ss: I prefer the former
[12:13pm] ardissone|away: az do i
[12:13pm] mento: if we omit that nib, the system'll just pick the next one in their list
[12:13pm] ss: Ah, right
[12:13pm] ss: Which could be annoying
[12:13pm] ss: But I think that's better than not shipping a language
[12:14pm] ardissone|away: since people never change that
[12:14pm] mento: us english people never change it
[12:14pm] cl_ joined the chat room.
[12:14pm] ss: Yeah, other people might
[12:14pm] mento: multilingual people who don't speak english are more likely to
[12:14pm] ss: But we can pretend they don't. 
[12:14pm] ardissone|away: setup sets your first landguage first, tho
[12:14pm] cl left the chat room. (Connection reset by peer)
[12:14pm] mento: let's say you speak french and german
[12:14pm] ss: So, there are cases
[12:14pm] mento: you're more likely to change that setting
[12:14pm] mento: than if you only speak one language
[12:14pm] ss: But those cases are less prominent
[12:15pm] ss: And those people should be on 1.5 anyway.
[12:15pm] cl_ is now known as cl|IraqiInternetMinister.
[12:15pm] mento: if you only speak one language, nothing we do can help anyway
[12:15pm] ss: Right
[12:15pm] kreeger is now known as kreeger-lunch.
[12:15pm] kreeger-lunch: lunchtime...
[12:15pm] ss: So let's ship them anyway.
[12:15pm] mento: maybe we'll get lucky and get that nib in more languages
[12:15pm] mento: it's only one nib, not a whole app
[12:15pm] ss: Yeah
[12:15pm] mento: moving on
[12:15pm] ss: Camino 1.6
[12:16pm] ss: We need to make some decisions soon on what will need to be fixed.
[12:16pm] ss: What features, I mean
[12:16pm] ss: Then we can retriage all the bugs based on that.
[12:16pm] ss: http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Development:Planning:Camino_1.6
[12:16pm] ss: Are we considering that a good list?
[12:17pm] ss: Are there any questions about the items on it?
[12:18pm] ss: Anyone? Buehler?
[12:18pm] smorgan: Yes, is there any documentation anywhere at all about the update mechanism?
[12:18pm] ss: Not much
[12:18pm] ss: Your best bet is to talk to sspitzer
[12:18pm] ss: He's often online or I can setup a meeting with him if you want.
[12:18pm] ss: He told me he'd be glad to help
[12:18pm] ss: He also said that the code was fairly straightforward.
[12:19pm] smorgan: I'll find him sometime
[12:19pm] ss: And that mar generation shouldn't be too hard for us
[12:19pm] ss: That'll be mento's job
[12:19pm] ss: I know he'll love that.
[12:19pm] mento: no prob
[12:19pm] ss:
[12:19pm] cl|IraqiInternetMinister was promoted to operator by you.
[12:19pm] ss: So, let's call that list good for 1.6
[12:19pm] ss: And base our release off of it
[12:20pm] ss: Now that 1.5 is released, everyone should download a nightly. 
[12:20pm] ss: Moving on...
[12:20pm] ss: SoC 2007 has started
[12:20pm] ss: jeff is our Tabspose guy
[12:20pm] ardissone|away: he has a blog you shoild be reading 
[12:20pm] ss: And we received half of the funding for peeja from the Mozilla Foundation
[12:20pm] ardissone|away: yay
[12:21pm] ss: We'll be providing the other half and will be funding peeja to do a second project on improving AppleScript support
[12:21pm] jeff: summerofcamino.com <- shameless plug
[12:21pm] ss: Yeah, check out his blog
[12:21pm] ss:
[12:21pm] ardissone|away: peeja should be summerofcamino.org 
[12:21pm] ss: Haha
[12:21pm] peeja: hmm, tempting 
[12:22pm] You are now known as ardissone|food.
[12:22pm] jeff: quickly goes to godaddy
[12:22pm] cl|IraqiInternetMinister: alternatively, we could take over jeff's domain and make it part of camino 
[12:22pm] cl|IraqiInternetMinister: and give both him and peeja access to it 
[12:22pm] ss: We need to have a scoping meeting on peeja's project sometime
[12:22pm] ss: In the next week or so
[12:22pm] ss: Actually
[12:22pm] ss: Maybe after WWDC
[12:22pm] ss: Or even at our meet up
[12:22pm] ss: Which isn't on the list, but we're having on June 16 and 17
[12:23pm] ss: It'll start in the afternoon of June 16, around 1:30
[12:23pm] ss: Lunch is being provided both days by the Mozilla Corporation
[12:23pm] ss: We're having mexican the first day, and pizza the second. If you have specific dietary needs, let me know.
[12:24pm] cl|IraqiInternetMinister: someone with mod privs on Mz: the troll is back.
[12:24pm] ss: We hope to see most of you there
[12:24pm] ss: Moving on, I'm going to skip tinderboxen
[12:24pm] ss: We're still waiting on some stuff from MoCo before we can finish that out
[12:24pm] ss: We're waiting for more data re: bookmark loss
[12:25pm] ss: So keep an eye out
[12:25pm] ss: Our bug queues are still pretty bad
[12:25pm] ss: Mainly the SR queue
[12:25pm] ss: That's all on pinkerton 
[12:25pm] ardissone|food: if you're an sr and not smorgan, see if you can give pink a hand 
[12:25pm] ss: Before we move to specific bugs, let's talk about next week's meeting
[12:25pm] ss: Should we have one?
[12:26pm] pinkerton: it's on my todo list
[12:26pm] ss: It'll be during WWDC
[12:26pm] pinkerton: sorry, i'm a bit busy today
[12:26pm] ardissone|food: oh, i forgot to add that to the list
[12:26pm] ss: (he's busy everyday)
[12:26pm] ardissone|food: i think the meet-up can take its place
[12:26pm] ss: I can agree with that.
[12:27pm] ss: But we should meet the week after, which is just a couple days after the meetup
[12:27pm] ss: To discuss 1.0.5 if it's been released.
[12:27pm] ss: So let's do that
[12:27pm] ss: There will be no meeting next week
[12:27pm] ss: Specific bugs
[12:28pm] ss: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=175651
[12:28pm] ss: Bug 175651 - CJK (at least Chinese and Japanese) font Preferences changes not applied to any CJK Web page
[12:28pm] ss: It should be okay to land that
[12:28pm] ss: But are there things we need to do on checkin?
[12:28pm] ss: Who has time to land that?
[12:28pm] cl|IraqiInternetMinister: froodian probably does if you remind him specifically
[12:29pm] ardissone|food: (it lands on all the branches, but not trunk)
[12:29pm] ardissone|food: no-one's answered about new patch vs checkin love, tho 
[12:29pm] ss: That's a smorgan question, no?
[12:29pm] ardissone|food: because murph has been gone for 2 weeks
[12:29pm] ardissone|food: he could answer, yeah
[12:30pm] smorgan: That's not really checkin love
[12:31pm] smorgan: Changing the way memory is allocated for the buffer should be a new patch
[12:31pm] ss: Alright, so it needs a respin?
[12:31pm] ss: Yeah
[12:31pm] ss: Let's try and get a hold of murph and if he can't do it, we'll go from there.
[12:32pm] ss: Next
[12:32pm] ss: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=381846
[12:32pm] ss: Bug 381846 - Selecting a bookmark from the dock menu does not bring application to the front
[12:32pm] ss: Do we want that behavior?
[12:32pm] smorgan: I would think so
[12:33pm] cl|IraqiInternetMinister: as i said some time ago, this is probably the one thing i've ever agreed with paulb on
[12:33pm] ss: Alright then, let's confirm it.
[12:33pm] ss: Anything else guys?
[12:34pm] smorgan: Where are we on the project file?
[12:34pm] ss: Alright, fix bugs, review patches, and we'll see you in a week and a half at the meet-up.
[12:34pm] ss: That's pending MoCo
[12:34pm] ss: Because it's pending tinderbox moves
[12:34pm] smorgan: I finally filed it so I wouldn't have to remember to keep asking
[12:34pm] smorgan: k
[12:34pm] ss: As soon as we move them, they'll get upgraded.
[12:34pm] ss: So yeah.
[12:34pm] ss: Soon
[12:35pm] ss: Alright, see everyone later
[12:35pm] cl|IraqiInternetMinister: are you going to confirm paul's bug, or should I?
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox