Status Meetings:2007-07-18:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[02:39am] You changed the topic to "http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2007-07-18:Agenda".
[03:27am] ss left the chat room. (Ping timeout)
[11:54am] jeff joined the chat room.
[11:59am] jeff was promoted to operator by you.
[11:59am] peeja|wiihunter joined the chat room.
[11:59am] peeja|wiihunter was promoted to operator by you.
[11:59am] Wevah joined the chat room.
[11:59am] smorgan joined the chat room.
[11:59am] Wevah was promoted to operator by you.
[12:00pm] smorgan was promoted to operator by you.
[12:00pm] Pinolo joined the chat room.
[12:00pm] Pinolo was promoted to operator by you.
[12:00pm] murph joined the chat room.
[12:00pm] murph was promoted to operator by you.
[12:01pm] ardissone|away: is the big boss coming?
[12:01pm] You are now known as ardissone|food.
[12:02pm] peeja|wiihunter: probably not
[12:02pm] peeja|wiihunter: he had to jet early from our meeting
[12:02pm] ardissone|food: ok
[12:02pm] ardissone|food: no mento or sam, either ;(
[12:03pm] ardissone|food: so, everyone open http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2007-07-18:Agenda in your Camino
[12:03pm] ardissone|food: 1.5 is...
[12:04pm] ardissone|food: Sam and I looked at the new topcrash last week, and it was 2 users with one incident and 1 with 48
[12:05pm] ardissone|food: the nsDocumentObserverList::RemoveElement one is still pretty heavy
[12:05pm] ardissone|food: it's a hang/crash at startup
[12:05pm] smorgan: That's the guy from the forms with the horked machine, right?
[12:05pm] smorgan: s/forms/forums/
[12:05pm] ardissone|food: but doesn't match our known 1passwd
[12:05pm] ardissone|food: er
[12:05pm] ardissone|food: doesn't remember the guy
[12:06pm] smorgan: Couldn't get 1.5 to work, Camino and Crash Reporter are both routinely throwing the same asserts inside of NSMenu code
[12:06pm] ardissone|food: 5 unique users in the past 10 days
[12:06pm] smorgan: Even after he apparently removed his various system-hackery bits
[12:07pm] ardissone|food: remembers the guy now
[12:07pm] smorgan: I think that may be his trace, but I wouldn't swear to it
[12:08pm] ardissone|food: when sam re-appears, i'll see if he can get some overall stats on the crash, but it's clearly not just the one guy
[12:08pm] ardissone|food: s/clearly/apparently/
[12:09pm] ardissone|food: Gecko 1.8.1.5 was moved up to last night due to some security stuff
[12:09pm] ardissone|food: .6 won't be for another 6-8 weeks
[12:10pm] ardissone|food: so we should just finish getting our bugs together and do 1.5.1 in the next week or so based on 1815
[12:10pm] ardissone|food: (so said sam and i last night ;))
[12:10pm] ardissone|food: smorgan: does that seem reasonable to you
[12:11pm] smorgan: Do we have outstanding bugs?
[12:11pm] ardissone|food: outstanding in what way?
[12:11pm] smorgan: I.e., are you asking me because I owe 1.5.1 patches 
[12:11pm] ardissone|food: no
[12:11pm] smorgan: Sounds good then
[12:11pm] ardissone|food: because you'd be doing the landings probably
[12:12pm] smorgan: sure
[12:12pm] ardissone|food: the link on 1.5.1 on the agenda shows the status
[12:12pm] ardissone|food: this way, we get the l10n bug that's our fault fixed at the same time we fix the l10n bugs due to translation issues
[12:12pm] Pinolo: I'll activate the ML list
[12:13pm] ardissone|food: (and add norwegian)
[12:13pm] ardissone|food: if we're going to add the Bug 382125 - [l10n] Corrections to localized Chrome strings in Camino DMG
[12:13pm] smorgan: ardissone|food: don't you mean "Norwagian"? 
[12:14pm] ardissone|food: for those other languages, we need them ASAP; we don't want smorgan regenerating that file more than once
[12:14pm] smorgan: (<http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/source/camino/src/bookmarks/BookmarkManager.mm#1889> for those wondering what I'm talking about)
[12:14pm] ardissone|food: heh
[12:15pm] Pinolo_ joined the chat room.
[12:15pm] ardissone|food: that beats pink berating me in code comments 
[12:15pm] ardissone|food: anyway
[12:16pm] Pinolo left the chat room. (Ping timeout)
[12:16pm] ardissone|food: i'll see if we can't get some more data about that crash, too
[12:16pm] ardissone|food: next up is 1.0.6
[12:16pm] ardissone|food: 1.8.0.13 is coming soon due the firedrill
[12:17pm] ardissone|food: so we should just sync our 1.0.6 with that
[12:17pm] ardissone|food: the main outstanding thing is what the relnote text should be
[12:17pm] smorgan: "we smacked smorgan; now login works"
[12:18pm] ardissone|food: hehe
[12:18pm] ardissone|food: i put something in the bug, so see if you like it or not
[12:18pm] ardissone|food: and we can work on it later
[12:18pm] ardissone|food: 1.6
[12:19pm] mento joined the chat room.
[12:19pm] mento was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:19pm] ardissone|food: still waiting on the list of new 1.6 features from the meet-up
[12:19pm] mento: oops, sorry
[12:19pm] ardissone|food: mento: 1.5.1 soon off 1.8.1.5, 1.0.6 in a bit off 1.8.0.13
[12:19pm] mento: timelines yet?
[12:19pm] ardissone|food: "a bit" being whenever they do it
[12:20pm] ardissone|food: 1815 was last night
[12:20pm] mento: right, and we'll do 0.13 for 1.0.6
[12:20pm] ardissone|food: that's why reed was busy y-day
[12:20pm] ardissone|food: yeah, sam had on date for 0.13 yet
[12:20pm] mento: ok
[12:20pm] ardissone|food: "a week or so" or something
[12:21pm] mento: ok, good
[12:21pm] ardissone|food: there's very little for it
[12:21pm] peeja|wiihunter: sam is conspicuously missing...
[12:21pm] ardissone|food: sam's still not here, so skipping the meet-up follow-up again
[12:21pm] ardissone|food: yeah, he pinged out 
[12:22pm] peeja|wiihunter: everyone slap sam when you see him until he blogs and wikis stuff
[12:22pm] mento: where on the agenda are we?  1.6-ish?
[12:22pm] ardissone|food: SoC 2007
[12:22pm] mento: wow, i missed a lot
[12:22pm] mento: ok
[12:22pm] murph: jeff: I need to apologize about not getting to your r? request; I somehow never received the email notification and just noticed now when looking through the q 
[12:22pm] murph: jeff: So, very sorry for holding you up and I'll make it my priority.
[12:22pm] jeff: no worries, I am preparing a new patch anyway
[12:23pm] ardissone|food: mento: mainly us wondering about the nsDocumentObserverList::RemoveElement crash
[12:23pm] peeja|wiihunter: good news from scripting land!
[12:23pm] ardissone|food: yay!
[12:23pm] peeja|wiihunter: we should be feature-complete for bookmarks now
[12:23pm] mento: peeja|wiihunter: excellent
[12:23pm] ardissone|food: awesome
[12:23pm] peeja|wiihunter: and the build system now makes scripting 10.3 friendly again
[12:24pm] ardissone|food: even better 
[12:24pm] peeja|wiihunter: i've got some code to move around and clean up, but then it's patch time
[12:24pm] ardissone|food: asks peeja to blog a bit more, too 
[12:25pm] peeja|wiihunter: yeah, i'll do that
[12:25pm] peeja|wiihunter: my picture's on there and everything
[12:25pm] ardissone|food:
[12:25pm] ardissone|food: no more thinking jeff was one guy going schizo 
[12:26pm] ardissone|food: on to the 'boxen then
[12:26pm] peeja|wiihunter: now he's one guy going schizo with a camera
[12:26pm] ardissone|food: we said farewell to pawn on monday afternoon
[12:27pm] ardissone|food: josh (smichaud) killed 10.3 on trunk yesterday
[12:27pm] ardissone|food: the other boxes are at sam's
[12:27pm] mento: boxset has been pgraded to tiger
[12:27pm] mento: it was probably the fastest wipe-and-back-to-green installation ever
[12:27pm] mento: boxset and maya now run pageload servers locally
[12:27pm] ardissone|food:
[12:28pm] ardissone|food: mento: can we make maya pull .mozconfig from cvs like cb-x1?
[12:28pm] mento: yes, we'll do that once things are a bit more settled
[12:28pm] ardissone|food: ok
[12:28pm] smorgan: I have the new trunk project mostly ready
[12:28pm] mento: we don't have to deal with redness due to checkins in content any more
[12:29pm] ardissone|food: sam hacked it, and the build succeeded, but maya went orange instead of green on trunk
[12:29pm] smorgan: I think I went a bit overboard on trying to clean up, so it took longer that I had planned
[12:29pm] mento: maya trunk orange is actually pageload suckage
[12:29pm] ardissone|food: ok
[12:29pm] mento: i clobbered it to see what's going on
[12:29pm] ardissone|food:
[12:29pm] mento: but it actually is taking about 30 seconds between pages
[12:29pm] ardissone|food:
[12:30pm] ardissone|food: i fixed the builddocs to be trunk-only, and correct for the trunk
[12:30pm] ardissone|food: if you're on PPC, be sure to clobber/distclean your tree when you switch back to gcc 4.0
[12:30pm] ardissone|food: also a reminder
[12:31pm] ardissone|food: any patch that's destined for 1.6 still has to build with gcc 3.3 and 10.3.9 SDK
[12:31pm] ardissone|food: so giving a patch a once-over on your branch tree before posting would be good (or when reviewing, if you're a reviewer)
[12:32pm] ardissone|food: the branch builddocs appendix is a bit of a mess still; i'll keep working on cleaning it up as i have time
[12:33pm] ardissone|food: smorgan: anything new on bookmark loss?
[12:33pm] smorgan: I'm thinking we close it
[12:33pm] ardissone|food: ok
[12:34pm] smorgan: I suspect that our fake double "safe" save may have been the source of the problem (somehow)
[12:34pm] ardissone|food:  
[12:34pm] smorgan: That doesn't particularly make sense to me, but neither does the bug
[12:34pm] ardissone|food: heh
[12:35pm] smorgan: I haven't seen a single report of loss with 1.5 that wasn't an actual corrupt (as opposed to 0-size) file
[12:35pm] ardissone|food: sounds good, then
[12:36pm] mento: idiot spotlight interaction or something, maybe
[12:36pm] ardissone|food: moving on to bugs, then
[12:36pm] thebot joined the chat room.
[12:37pm] ardissone|food: the r-queue is still sitting fairly full
[12:37pm] smorgan: anyone bored can steal any review request I've made
[12:37pm] smorgan: I've been picking people mostly at random
[12:38pm] ardissone|food: froodian is going to be without internet at home for a while, so we need people to pick up his requestee-ed bugs
[12:38pm] ardissone|food: cl might have a tree when he gets back, so we can start using him again, too
[12:39pm] ardissone|food: (back from flying this week)
[12:39pm] ardissone|food: Bug 384796
[12:39pm] ardissone|food: thebot: bug 384796
[12:39pm] thebot: ardissone|food: Bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=384796 nor, --, ---, nick.kreeger@park.edu, NEW, Call to |nsIStringBundleOverride| always beats the embedding calls.
[12:39pm] thebot: ardissone|food: Bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=384796 nor, --, ---, nick.kreeger@park.edu, NEW, Call to |nsIStringBundleOverride| always beats the embedding calls.
[12:39pm] ardissone|food:
[12:40pm] ardissone|food: this is kreeger's for the non-localizable stings stuff
[12:40pm] ardissone|food: it's been sitting
[12:40pm] ardissone|food: mento: can you help get the right eyes on it?
[12:41pm] mento: what do we need, bsmedberg's attention?
[12:41pm] ardissone|food: i think so
[12:43pm] thebot: Camino: 'MacOSX Darwin 8.10.1 cb-xserve01 Depend CmTrunk' has changed state from Success to Burning.
[12:43pm] ardissone|food: lovely 
[12:43pm] ardissone|food: now we have to deal with that; it happens 2-3x a day ?\:/
[12:43pm] thebot: MozillaTest: 'WINNT 5.2 moz@seneca dep places' has changed state from Success to Burning.
[12:43pm] ardissone|food: thebot: shut up about the trees
[12:43pm] ardissone|food: bug 201723
[12:43pm] thebot: ardissone|food: Bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=201723 enh, P3, Camino1.6, murph@seanmurph.com, ASSI, Search engine "editor" (easier way to add other engines to the Search field's menu)
[12:44pm] ardissone|food: if you haven't watched murph's video.دdo
[12:44pm] smorgan: whew, not me
[12:45pm] ardissone|food: sdwislh, he's in #camino now
[12:45pm] smorgan: Looks like we prolly need to pick up a new library
[12:45pm] ardissone|food: fun
[12:46pm] ardissone|food: (not my fun any longer, tho)
[12:46pm] ardissone|food: anyway, murph has this wonderful video
[12:46pm] ardissone|food: of how adding search engines can be a dream
[12:47pm] peeja|wiihunter: wow...
[12:49pm] thebot: Firefox: 'MacOSX Darwin 8.8.4 qm-xserve01 dep unit test' has changed state from Success to Burning.
[12:49pm] ardissone|food: there are some design things we should probably talk about, but let's leave that for next week or ad-hoc
[12:49pm] thebot: Firefox: 'Linux fxnewref-linux-tbox Depend Nightly' has changed state from Success to Burning.
[12:50pm] You kicked thebot from the chat room. (ardissone|food)
[12:50pm] ardissone|food: anyway
[12:50pm] ardissone|food: are we all sufficiently distracted by other things?
[12:50pm] Pinolo_: looks at murph video
[12:50pm] murph: hehe, thanks for the plug ardissone|food.
[12:51pm] ardissone|food: murph: thanks for the work!
[12:52pm] murph: np; shouldn't be too much longer for some actual code to appear
[12:52pm] ardissone|food: i also think that revising the default engine list is a separate bug, if we want to do it
[12:52pm] murph: ok
[12:52pm] ardissone|food: anyway
[12:52pm] ardissone|food: nothing else on the list is pressing
[12:53pm] ardissone|food: please do mind your queues
[12:53pm] ardissone|food: and steal empty or froodian-targeted reviews if your queue looks empty
[12:53pm] ardissone|food: watch murph's video, and have a good week!
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox