Status Meetings:2007-09-12:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[12:43am] You changed the topic to "http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2007-09-12:Agenda".
[12:00pm] smorgan joined the chat room.
[12:02pm] smorgan was promoted to operator by you.
[12:02pm] pinkerton joined the chat room.
[12:02pm] pinkerton was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:02pm] pinkerton: food brb
[12:02pm] ardissone|away: k
[12:03pm] ardissone|away: very small crowd today
[12:08pm] pinkerton: school?
[12:08pm] ardissone|away: dunno
[12:09pm] ardissone|away: wasn't there school last week?
[12:09pm] pinkerton: prolly yes
[12:09pm] ardissone|away: jeff did say last night before the great server reboot that he couldn't amke it
[12:09pm] ardissone|away: because he was pressured into giving a talk about his SoC at this very time
[12:10pm] pinkerton: to whom?
[12:10pm] pinkerton: to who?
[12:10pm] pinkerton: shrugs
[12:10pm] ardissone|away: to whom 
[12:10pm] pinkerton: k
[12:10pm] ardissone|away: the compsci people?
[12:10pm] ardissone|away: he wasn't specific, and i wasn't here then
[12:10pm] pinkerton: oh at his school ok
[12:11pm] pinkerton: i've been bad about my sr queue
[12:11pm] pinkerton: this has been a long week
[12:11pm] ardissone|away:
[12:12pm] ardissone|away: one of the ones there is one of smorgan's fixes for the "camino stops working" bug
[12:12pm] pinkerton: oh
[12:13pm] pinkerton: ok, sorry, i didn't think it was anything urgent
[12:13pm] ardissone|away: the other fix we're still waiting on kreeger to r 
[12:13pm] ardissone|away: yeah, the site icon one catches exceptions that make us stop working
[12:14pm] pinkerton: cute
[12:14pm] ardissone|away: i thought peeja's toolbar items patch was blocking him getting paid, too, but i'm not positive about that one
[12:15pm] pinkerton: he hasn't bugged me about it. i cleared his path on bookmarks/w&t for his check last week i think
[12:15pm] ardissone|away: ok
[12:15pm] pinkerton: do you know where we are with new icons for leopard?
[12:16pm] ardissone|away: looking for an artist, i think
[12:16pm] pinkerton: drat ok
[12:16pm] pinkerton: ss: ping?
[12:16pm] ardissone|away: he's apparently always in a meeting that runs really long
[12:17pm] ardissone|away: i tried to get him here today because i thought i wouldn't be here
[12:17pm] pinkerton: frank approached me about the slim possibility of funding some camino work, wanted to ask him about it
[12:17pm] ardissone|away:
[12:18pm] pinkerton: nothing to get our hopes up about, but thought he might know a bit more
[12:18pm] pinkerton: wonder if it's because they're now supporting eudora and are feeling guilty
[12:18pm] ardissone|away: possibility is better than slamming the door shut in our face
[12:18pm] ardissone|away: heh
[12:19pm] pinkerton: agreed, frank to his credit has never done that
[12:19pm] ardissone|away: frank has always struck me as a good guy
[12:19pm] pinkerton: yeah he is, caught between a rock and a hard place
[12:19pm] ardissone|away: yeah...
[12:20pm] kreeger joined the chat room.
[12:20pm] ardissone|away: there's kreeger 
[12:20pm] pinkerton: well i'll poke ss if i see him around later
[12:21pm] ardissone|away: i'll poke him, too, if i see him when you're gone
[12:21pm] ardissone|away: kreeger: how's the kqueue review looking?
[12:21pm] kreeger: started up again last night, had to move down the street last week/weekend
[12:21pm] ardissone|away: k
[12:22pm] ardissone|away: anyway
[12:22pm] ardissone|away: nothing really new on the 1.6 front
[12:23pm] ardissone|away: no code fixes landed last week
[12:23pm] ardissone|away: we need to ping batwood again about smorgan's comments on his patches
[12:23pm] ardissone|away: er, http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2007-09-12:Agenda if you don't already have it open
[12:24pm] smorgan: He emailed me
[12:24pm] ardissone|away: ah
[12:24pm] smorgan: He said he'd be travelling for about a week, but would look into moving off xpfe
[12:24pm] ardissone|away: nice
[12:25pm] smorgan: Sorry I haven't had a lot of time/enegery for Camino recently
[12:25pm] pinkerton: i've been making sure of that 
[12:25pm] ardissone|away: it seems like that's been a general affliction 
[12:26pm] smorgan: Fixing trunks content handling is my next priority, since that's really annoying me, but then 1.6 is back at the top of my list
[12:26pm] ardissone|away: yeah, we need to not let that fester
[12:27pm] ardissone|away: i wonder if it's the cause of peepo's bug?
[12:27pm] smorgan: I've got it partially fixed locally
[12:27pm] ardissone|away:
[12:27pm] smorgan: It's pretty much just hooking up a prompt and looking into whether we need to ship that rdf file now
[12:27pm] ardissone|away: we have a mimeTypes.rdf in the profile
[12:28pm] ardissone|away: but it was blank, iirc
[12:28pm] smorgan: Yeah, my thought was we probably don't need to ship anything and it will be created as needed
[12:28pm] ardissone|away: but you never know with moz 
[12:28pm] smorgan: I'll see once our front-end stuff is hooked up
[12:29pm] ardissone|away: do we know more about how long mento's "a few weeks off" was going to be?
[12:29pm] You are now known as ardissone.
[12:30pm] ardissone: not that i want to pull him out of time off, just when we might expect him back 
[12:31pm] ardissone: i don't know if anyone can find anything useful in the nsDocumentObserverList::RemoveElement stacks or not
[12:31pm] ardissone: but that's our new #5 topcrash
[12:31pm] smorgan: Is there a bug?
[12:32pm] ardissone: comments have been less-than-useful; just startup, or running a search
[12:32pm] ardissone: no
[12:32pm] ardissone: i was too tired last night 
[12:33pm] ardissone: i'll try to catch sam and see if i can get some emails to try, too
[12:33pm] ardissone: speaking of sam
[12:33pm] ardissone: meet-up notes are up: http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Camino_Meet-up:2007:Notes
[12:34pm] ardissone: i'll try this week to sync the 1.6 scoping docs and bugzilla with the the 1.6 plan there
[12:36pm] ardissone: SoC
[12:36pm] ardissone: [11:03pm] jeff: ss: I wont be at the mtg tomorrow, I was pressured into giving a talk about my SoC experiences at the same time of the mtg
[12:36pm] ardissone: [11:03pm] ss: Ah...
[12:36pm] ardissone: [11:04pm] jeff: so, updates from me are that I am just sorry I have not submitted some tabspose patches I have sitting around and will post them as soon as I can
[12:36pm] ardissone: [11:05pm] jeff: but I will be back with a vengeance in about 5 days
[12:36pm] ardissone: [11:06pm] ss: You better.
[12:36pm] ardissone: [11:06pm] ss: Or I'll come over there
[12:36pm] ardissone: [11:06pm] jeff: I have been neglecting camino for the past week and a half and I am already feeling down about it
[12:36pm] ardissone: [11:06pm] ss: And make you buy me dinner.
[12:37pm] pinkerton: lol
[12:38pm] pinkerton: oh taht was cool of him
[12:38pm] pinkerton: (the notes)
[12:38pm] ardissone: yeah, the rest of us are no longer in the dark 
[12:38pm] pinkerton: haha, he included webkit
[12:39pm] ardissone: i don't know about peeja, other than he was going to look at the bookmark-eating dataloss bug this week
[12:40pm] ardissone: and i've been filing various bugs as i find them
[12:40pm] ardissone: the big issue with AS right now is that we can't actually create new windows and tabs
[12:41pm] ardissone: which due to AS/Cocoa stupidness, will require some hairy wrapper work in our guts AIUI
[12:44pm] peeja|sleep joined the chat room.
[12:44pm] peeja|sleep was promoted to operator by you.
[12:44pm] kreeger was promoted to operator by you.
[12:44pm] ardissone: peeja|sleep: we were just talking about you 
[12:45pm] peeja|sleep is now known as peeja.
[12:45pm] peeja: great 
[12:45pm] pinkerton: is it true what perez said about you!?!?!? 
[12:45pm] smorgan: ... and in conclusion that's why I think he's a slimeball
[12:45pm] smorgan: oh, crap
[12:45pm] smorgan:
[12:45pm] ardissone: hehe
[12:45pm] ardissone: [12:39pm] ardissone: i don't know about peeja, other than he was going to look at the bookmark-eating dataloss bug this week
[12:45pm] ardissone: [12:40pm] ardissone: and i've been filing various bugs as i find them
[12:45pm] ardissone: [12:40pm] ardissone: the big issue with AS right now is that we can't actually create new windows and tabs
[12:45pm] ardissone: [12:41pm] ardissone: which due to AS/Cocoa stupidness, will require some hairy wrapper work in our guts AIUI
[12:46pm] peeja: ardissone: yes, and yes
[12:46pm] smorgan: And if opening bookmarks is using page content, we need a bug about that too
[12:46pm] peeja: i haven't really done much this week, still adjusting to being in classes again
[12:47pm] peeja: smorgan: sorry?
[12:47pm] smorgan: There was discussion in channel recently suggesting that opening a boomarklet via AS uses page context
[12:48pm] peeja: yes, well that's not strictly true
[12:48pm] smorgan: Problem solved then 
[12:48pm] peeja: its really that setting the url of a tab to a javascript: url does 
[12:48pm] peeja: which means as long as people can execute javascript from the location bar in page context, we'll have that problem
[12:49pm] smorgan: I don't follow
[12:49pm] peeja: unless we "set url" via a completely different mechanism
[12:49pm] smorgan: Why can't we change the way AS works?
[12:49pm] smorgan: Er, the way we handle AS, rather
[12:49pm] peeja: we can, I suppose, but we'll need a way to change the url of a BW that doesn't execute javascript: in page context
[12:50pm] peeja: that's Browser Wrapper
[12:50pm] smorgan: Sorry, this can be offline, we just need a bug about it
[12:50pm] peeja: ok, I'm just saying it's not that simple.  but it's worth a bug.
[12:50pm] ardissone: i don't really have anything else for today; everything's pretty much the same as last week
[12:51pm] ardissone: except the sr queue is now almost the size of the r queue 
[12:51pm] ardissone: (which size hasn't changed in months)
[12:51pm] pinkerton: i'll get there
[12:52pm] ardissone: (see the log if you missed the earlier talk about that)
[12:54pm] ardissone: anyone else have anything to add?
[12:55pm] kreeger left the chat room.
[12:57pm] ardissone: ok then
[12:57pm] ardissone: have a good rest of the week everyone
[12:57pm] peeja left the chat room.
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox