Status Meetings:2007-10-10:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[01:50am] You changed the topic to "http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2007-10-10:Agenda".
[12:01pm] ardissone|foraging: wonders if this is going to be like last week
[12:01pm] jeff joined the chat room.
[12:01pm] ardissone|foraging: except both cl and murph are gone this week
[12:01pm] ardissone|foraging: oh, there's jeff
[12:01pm] jeff was promoted to operator by you.
[12:01pm] ardissone|foraging: jeff and i can have a meeting 
[12:02pm] jeff: hehe
[12:03pm] jeff: ardissone|foraging: is the wiki down?
[12:04pm] ardissone|foraging: yeah, seems to be 
[12:04pm] jeff: :(
[12:04pm] jeff: this is why I left NetworkRedux and moved to MediaTemple
[12:07pm] jeff: it's been so lonely here at Camino lately
[12:07pm] jeff: :(
[12:07pm] ardissone|foraging: something big going on at SearchCo (besides the stock price), i guess
[12:08pm] jeff: yea must be
[12:09pm] mento joined the chat room.
[12:09pm] mento was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:09pm] ardissone|foraging: mento!
[12:09pm] mento: sorry i'm late
[12:09pm] ardissone|foraging: you're early compared to pink 
[12:09pm] mento:
[12:09pm] ardissone|foraging: do you know if he's coming?
[12:09pm] ardissone|foraging: smorgan has jury duty, so he's not
[12:10pm] mento: let me ask him
[12:10pm] ardissone|foraging: (and, the wiki's down :p)
[12:10pm] ardissone|foraging:
[12:10pm] mento: he's coming
[12:10pm] pinkerton joined the chat room.
[12:10pm] pinkerton was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:10pm] ardissone|foraging: k
[12:10pm] ardissone|foraging: indeed
[12:10pm] pinkerton: moof
[12:10pm] mento: yo
[12:10pm] ardissone|foraging: mooooooof
[12:11pm] mento: wiki's back up (at least for now)
[12:11pm] ss: Wiki is fine...
[12:11pm] ardissone|foraging: ok, so everyone quickly go load http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2007-10-10:Agenda in your Camino
[12:12pm] ss: Seriously need to traceroute it when it happens.
[12:12pm] ss: has said that before.
[12:12pm] ardissone|foraging: i'm useless when that happens, because elnk screws the DNS when it can't find a site
[12:12pm] mento: ss, it was a dns problem when i first tried
[12:12pm] ardissone|foraging: so it can show me its porn-search page
[12:12pm] ardissone|foraging: instead of our beloved wiki 
[12:14pm] ardissone|foraging: i'm actually going to start with 1.5.x first
[12:14pm] ardissone|foraging: fx is soft-releasing tomorrow (beta update channel) and real release next thurs
[12:14pm] ardissone|foraging: we're ready to spin, and l10n has the relnotes
[12:14pm] ss: (pending any problems)
[12:14pm] mento: i'm shooting for a 1.5.2 spin this shafternoon
[12:14pm] mento: 1.5.2rc, at least
[12:15pm] ardissone|foraging: smorgan fixed the two big "camino stops working" bugs in 1.5.1
[12:15pm] ardissone|foraging: so that'll be good
[12:15pm] kreeger joined the chat room.
[12:15pm] pinkerton: yay
[12:15pm] ardissone|foraging: 1.5.x topcrashes so far haven't produced any good bug
[12:15pm] ardissone|foraging: s
[12:16pm] ardissone|foraging: they've all been either scattered stacks under system libs
[12:16pm] ardissone|foraging: or ones that have popped up and gone down
[12:16pm] kreeger was promoted to operator by jeff.
[12:16pm] ardissone|foraging: and people who left emails wouldn't reply
[12:16pm] ardissone|foraging: so i feel pretty good about the state of our stability
[12:17pm] ardissone|foraging: (well, plugins continue to suck, flash and real)
[12:17pm] ardissone|foraging: bsmed* has a patch for the #1 topcrasher for all our branches
[12:17pm] ardissone|foraging: but it's probably going to be trunk-only
[12:17pm] pinkerton:
[12:17pm] ardissone|foraging: bug 349463
[12:18pm] ardissone|foraging: at least Core stopped playing hot potato with it 
[12:18pm] pinkerton: true
[12:18pm] ardissone|foraging: anything else on 1.5.x?
[12:19pm] You are now known as ardissone|food.
[12:19pm] ardissone|food: ok, 1.6
[12:20pm] ardissone|food: today was our deadline/goal for 1.6a1
[12:20pm] ardissone|food: smorgan didn't leave a status report with me
[12:20pm] pinkerton: he
[12:20pm] pinkerton: he's on jury duty
[12:20pm] ardissone|food: right
[12:21pm] ardissone|food: do either of you know how he's doing on swupdate?
[12:21pm] mento: i don't
[12:21pm] ardissone|food: and
[12:21pm] ardissone|food: ss: what's the status of approval for the tree?
[12:22pm] ardissone|food: mento: are we going to land all of the l10ns and build swupdate for all l10ns in the English Camino, or have you thought about that yet?
[12:22pm] ss: Err... just Camino or all of 1.8?
[12:23pm] ardissone|food: ss: for landing sparkle in cvs
[12:23pm] ss: Oh
[12:23pm] ss: Need to file a bug still.
[12:23pm] mento: ardissone|food: do you mean the sparkle l10ns
[12:23pm] ardissone|food:
[12:23pm] ardissone|food: mento: yes
[12:23pm] ardissone|food: sorry, i'm not clear today 
[12:23pm] pinkerton: despite my week out there last week, i saw stuart for 10 minutes.
[12:23pm] pinkerton: so no chance for me to pimp him for status
[12:24pm] mento: we should land them but we might want to strip them from the en-only build
[12:24pm] ardissone|food: k
[12:24pm] mento: i don't want to pick and choose bits of sparkle for cvs
[12:24pm] ardissone|food: right
[12:25pm] ardissone|food: it seems silly to make our l10ns re-do the l10n of that, but there's a logistical issue
[12:25pm] ardissone|food: anyway, we can keep thinking about that
[12:25pm] ardissone|food: i just wanted to get it on people's brains
[12:26pm] ardissone|food: mento: now your turn: breakpad update?
[12:26pm] mento: maybe someday we'll actually get the localizations into cvs
[12:26pm] mento: no update.  still need to poke tinderbox.
[12:27pm] mento: we need a change to breakpad core code to accommodate some stuff, it's ready to go but we're waiting on someone to come back from paternity leave here
[12:27pm] ardissone|food: k
[12:28pm] ardissone|food: so where does that leave us on a1? 
[12:29pm] ss: With nothing done. 
[12:29pm] ardissone|food: swupdate is an absolute blocker
[12:29pm] mento: agree, that's got to get exposure and testing, we've only got a limited number of alphabetas to get it right
[12:30pm] ardissone|food: so we need to hear from smorgan
[12:30pm] ardissone|food: and ss needs to file the bug
[12:31pm] ardissone|food: shall we try again for a1 next Wed?
[12:31pm] ss: Yay for action items.
[12:31pm] ardissone|food: s/a1/a1's bugs being ready/
[12:32pm] ardissone|food: uh-oh
[12:32pm] ardissone|food: shebs came to visit #camino
[12:33pm] ardissone|food: well
[12:33pm] ardissone|food: executive driver decision: we'll try for a1's bugs again next Weds 
[12:33pm] ardissone|food: in other 1.6 news
[12:34pm] ardissone|food: when not playing Jon Hicks or, well, student, jeff has been poking tab dragging
[12:34pm] ardissone|food: i believe he had not-terrible news about it
[12:35pm] ardissone|food: wonders if jeff has gone off to class?
[12:35pm] jeff: I have cleaned up some of desmond's code, so it crashes a lot less ... and now working on usability
[12:35pm] pinkerton: cool!
[12:35pm] jeff: and starting to poke around on animation with it
[12:36pm] jeff: I plan to write a small blog post about it, once it looks a little prettier
[12:36pm] ardissone|food:
[12:36pm] ardissone|food: so there's at least a chance we can have it for 1.6
[12:36pm] jeff: yes... a chance
[12:37pm] ardissone|food: we'll continue to evaluate as jeff updates us 
[12:37pm] ardissone|food: murph can't be here today...he's watching his sister play soccer
[12:38pm] ardissone|food: but he said opensearch is almost wrapped up
[12:38pm] ardissone|food: (and that he'll try to get to his review of cl's bookmark fixes soon)
[12:38pm] ardissone|food: smorgan did a first pass of the search engine editor code, and it looks good
[12:39pm] ardissone|food: smorgan was the last to hear from batwood; don't know what's up with multiple accounts and flashblock whitelist
[12:40pm] ardissone|food: oh, and AppleScript
[12:40pm] ardissone|food: I landed peeja's toolbar code last night
[12:40pm] ardissone|food: we'll blog about it very soon, and I have some sample toolbar scripts for it
[12:41pm] jeff: ardissone|food: I'm working on that second icon right now
[12:41pm] ardissone|food: there's one dataloss AS bug peeja probably has to fix for 1.6
[12:41pm] ardissone|food: yeah, jeff's being my jon hicks
[12:41pm] ardissone|food:
[12:41pm] pinkerton: heh
[12:41pm] jeff: a second rate jon hicks
[12:42pm] ardissone|food: the toolbar scripts are a hacky Clone Tab and a hacky Combine Windows (all the tabs from all the windows into one window)
[12:42pm] ardissone|food: better than a 3rd-rate smokey ardisson 
[12:42pm] ardissone|food: anyone else have anything on 1.6?
[12:44pm] ardissone|food: if you know of any major or dataloss bugs we need to consider for a1, please nominate them
[12:45pm] ardissone|food: we need to also be thinking about a good way to make sure we get feedback about the "all tabs" menu in a1, so we can change it if needed before final
[12:45pm] ardissone|food: that's bug Bug 376930
[12:47pm] ardissone|food: tinderboxen: binus is hanging on the grey Apple while booting
[12:47pm] mento: ugh
[12:47pm] ardissone|food: mento killed the 1.8.0 build on maya and added a 1.5 build, so we're better coverage-wise
[12:47pm] mento: but no 10.3 testing
[12:47pm] ardissone|food: but we don't have a working 10.3 machine
[12:48pm] ss: I'll figure something out.
[12:48pm] ss: Even if it's a new machine that can run 10.3 (I have disks)
[12:48pm] ardissone|food: plug in all the cables and reseat the RAM 
[12:49pm] ardissone|food: mento: are you going to keep the 1.8.0 build on cb-x1?
[12:49pm] mento: ardissone|food: for a little while longer, yes, just to make sure it doesn't break.  turnaround time is real low there.
[12:49pm] ardissone|food: k
[12:49pm] mento: ss is convinced we'll never need it again
[12:50pm] ss: I am.
[12:50pm] ardissone|food: hopes ss is right
[12:50pm] mento: little while longer
[12:50pm] mento: just in case
[12:50pm] ss: Doesn't bother me any
[12:50pm] ardissone|food: that's fine
[12:50pm] ardissone|food: queues
[12:50pm] ardissone|food: the sr queue is in stellar shape
[12:51pm] ardissone|food: go srs!
[12:51pm] ardissone|food: the r queue is in really bad shape
[12:51pm] ardissone|food: over half have been waiting > 1 month
[12:51pm] ardissone|food: 4 untargeted
[12:52pm] ardissone|food: so we really need to make a concerted effort at getting those reviews done
[12:52pm] ardissone|food: at passing the burden around, and then getting to the reviews in a timely manner
[12:52pm] ardissone|food: (pontificates the non-coder in the room  )
[12:53pm] ardissone|food: hwaara's been a pretty good pinch-hitter, so don't forget to r? him, even if he hasn't been around
[12:54pm] ardissone|food: that's all I have
[12:54pm] ardissone|food: anyone else have anything
[12:54pm] ardissone|food: ?
[12:56pm] dougt joined the chat room.
[12:56pm] ardissone|food: oh, sorry
[12:56pm] ardissone|food: i forgot to invite dougt 
[12:56pm] ardissone|food: dougt fixed a nasty select crash for us 
[12:57pm] dougt was promoted to operator by you.
[12:57pm] dougt: are there notes posted, or can someone mail me the scrollback?
[12:57pm] ss: There will be, yes.
[12:57pm] ardissone|food: notes will be posted
[12:57pm] dougt: ss: thank you.
[12:57pm] ss: np
[12:58pm] ardissone|food: i'll post in #camino when they're up
[12:58pm] ss: (Thank ardissone though)
[12:58pm] ss: Anything else?
[12:58pm] ardissone|food: ok, last call?
[12:58pm] ss: has to go.
[12:58pm] ardissone|food: hands ss his ation item
[12:59pm] ardissone|food: *action
[12:59pm] ardissone|food: try again next week for a1
[12:59pm] ardissone|food: mento will poke breakpad stuff, ss will file the sparkle bug, we'll get status from smrogan
[12:59pm] ss: Yay for us
[12:59pm] ss: Goodbye!
[12:59pm] ardissone|food: and i'll see if i can get status from batwood, too
[1:00pm] ardissone|food: and mind the r queue 
[1:00pm] ardissone|food: *poof*
[1:00pm] ardissone|food: the meeting turns into a pumpkin
[1:00pm] pinkerton: mmmmm pumpkin
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox