Status Meetings:2007-12-05:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[01:59am] You changed the topic to "http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2007-12-05:Agenda".
[02:18am] You are now known as ardissone|zZz.
[11:44am] jeff joined the chat room.
[11:57am] smorgan joined the chat room.
[12:05pm] smorgan was promoted to operator by you.
[12:05pm] jeff was promoted to operator by you.
[12:10pm] You are now known as ardissone|foraging.
[12:11pm] ardissone|foraging: are we expecting pink and/or mento?
[12:12pm] ardissone|foraging: mento's been around, since he "reviewed" my bustage fix
[12:14pm] smorgan: looks like pink is lunching
[12:14pm] mento joined the chat room.
[12:14pm] mento was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:15pm] mento left the chat room. (Quit: mento)
[12:15pm] mento joined the chat room.
[12:15pm] mento was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:15pm] mento was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:15pm] ardissone|foraging: ok
[12:15pm] mento: where is everyone?
[12:15pm] mento: (myself included)
[12:16pm] ardissone|foraging: bustage hangover?
[12:16pm] mento: ha
[12:16pm] ardissone|foraging: i dunno, but we can start now
[12:16pm] ardissone|foraging: we at least have a critical mass
[12:16pm] mento: let's go
[12:17pm] ardissone|foraging: start with 1.5.x again
[12:17pm] Wevah joined the chat room.
[12:17pm] ardissone|foraging: we're going to release today, pending the website, bouncer, etc?
[12:17pm] Wevah was promoted to operator by you.
[12:17pm] ardissone|foraging: all i've done to the ML is seen that it launches
[12:17pm] mento: yes, releasing today
[12:18pm] mento: i have an ml build that includes sk
[12:18pm] mento: i'm going to diff it against the original non-sk-including ml build
[12:18pm] ardissone|foraging: and seen that the dmg layout doesn't fit as well
[12:18pm] ardissone|foraging: cool
[12:18pm] ardissone|foraging: in old builds, stuff almost all fit in the dmg window (ru was cut off)
[12:18pm] ardissone|foraging: i checkecd 
[12:19pm] mento: not a big deal
[12:19pm] mento: i think they've had trouble with .ds_store files (like everyone else) ayway
[12:19pm] ardissone|foraging: it'd be nice to "fix" next release
[12:19pm] ardissone|foraging: if possible
[12:19pm] ardissone|foraging: mhm
[12:19pm] ardissone|foraging: anything else on 1.5.x?
[12:20pm] ardissone|foraging: Oh, i haven't poked talkback seriously in the past few weeks, so i need to do that again when i get a block of time
[12:20pm] ardissone|foraging: but it generally looks similar to the past
[12:22pm] ardissone|foraging: ew, rosetta-run crash logs look odd
[12:22pm] mento: right
[12:22pm] mento: scroll down
[12:23pm] ardissone|foraging: yeah, it's a bit more normal
[12:23pm] ardissone|foraging: anyway
[12:23pm] ardissone|foraging: 1.6a1 then?
[12:23pm] smorgan: ship it!
[12:24pm] ardissone|foraging: we went code-complete this weekend with the blocking part of the xpt audit
[12:24pm] mento: 1.6a1: sparkle includes all those localizations
[12:24pm] mento: how much bloat is that?
[12:24pm] ardissone|foraging: we're, um, waiting on an evening w/o tinderfun for relnotes
[12:24pm] ardissone|foraging: um
[12:24pm] ardissone|foraging: "some"
[12:24pm] smorgan: checking...
[12:24pm] mento: hm
[12:25pm] ardissone|foraging: supposedly 1MB on disl
[12:26pm] ardissone|foraging: so not as bad as I expected
[12:26pm] smorgan: I get 2+
[12:28pm] smorgan: mento: We could just not symlink any but en.lproj in the Makefile
[12:28pm] ardissone|foraging: 44 K per lproj, no?
[12:28pm] smorgan: I have 88
[12:28pm] mento: smorgan: but that leads to differences in objdir/srcdir builds
[12:29pm] smorgan: Oh, right
[12:29pm] mento: 1MB on disk is not so much in the dimmidge
[12:29pm] mento: live with it for the beta?
[12:29pm] ardissone|foraging: wonders how he and smorgan have different #s
[12:29pm] murph joined the chat room.
[12:29pm] mento: ardissone|foraging: du -k
[12:29pm] ardissone|foraging: yeah, i think for a1 at least it's fine
[12:29pm] mento: no -k gives you blocks which are 512k
[12:29pm] mento: 512 bytes, rather
[12:30pm] ardissone|foraging: still 44
[12:30pm] murph was promoted to operator by you.
[12:30pm] ardissone|foraging: we can de-puzzle that later
[12:30pm] mento: ok
[12:31pm] ardissone|foraging: so, my plan is *hopefully* relnotes this evening
[12:31pm] ardissone|foraging: and then maybe mento can spin thurs afternoon or fri
[12:31pm] mento: mhm
[12:31pm] ardissone|foraging: ss and i can do website this weekend
[12:32pm] ardissone|foraging: and if Gecko hasn't introduced a crasher, we can alpha early next week
[12:33pm] ardissone|foraging: we need more exposure than the 1.1/1.5 milestones, but we still don't want the whole world using it
[12:33pm] ardissone|foraging: so we have to figure out how to swing that
[12:34pm] ardissone|foraging: on to 1,6 status updates
[12:35pm] ardissone|foraging: tab scrolling is pretty well finished (i think we still have an "icon" bug open for alltabs), and we want to collect feedback on the alltabs menu in a1
[12:35pm] ardissone|foraging: sw update is in, save the l10n stuff, the Ts regression, and getting the license on the branch
[12:36pm] ardissone|foraging: last i heard from jeff, he was trying to update the dragging code for the new tab views patch
[12:36pm] jeff: I'm going through smorgan's patch for bug 406510, once that lands I will submit a preliminary DnD patch
[12:37pm] ardissone|foraging:
[12:37pm] jeff: but classes ended for me today, so more time to dedicate to Camino
[12:37pm] ardissone|foraging:
[12:38pm] ardissone|foraging: batwood and smorgan have been playing "review my patch, r-" for a few rounds, so multiple accounts is pretty close
[12:39pm] ardissone|foraging: as have murph and smorgan on search engine editor
[12:40pm] murph: yep, thanks for the review there; i'll refresh it in the next day or two
[12:42pm] ardissone|foraging: i'm at a wall right now on AS feed handlers; waiting on peeja for AS review and enlighentment from mento on the Makefile post-a1
[12:42pm] mento: sho' 'nuff
[12:42pm] ardissone|foraging: i think that covers all the major features for 1.6 except breakpad
[12:42pm] ardissone|foraging: [really-really want]
[12:43pm] smorgan: Oh, I guess I forgot about the reporter app
[12:43pm] smorgan: I'll get on that
[12:43pm] ardissone|foraging: now that swupdate is done, we can free up smorgan for the reporter
[12:43pm] ardissone|foraging: mento: are you going to be able to do the backend stuff for b1?
[12:44pm] mento: hope so
[12:44pm] ardissone|foraging:
[12:44pm] ardissone|foraging: which segues into the b1 section
[12:45pm] ardissone|foraging: we need to start checking/watching the P1/P2 features and see which ones are in danger or clearly won't make it
[12:46pm] ardissone|foraging: b1 is also going to be our l10n freeze, so all strings/nib changes must be done by beta
[12:46pm] ardissone|foraging: and we have a fair number of "fix this for 1.6" nib/strings bugs
[12:47pm] ss: But we aren't going to hold for those.
[12:47pm] ardissone|foraging: which I guess I'll start looking at
[12:47pm] ss: According to the legend, which we decided on.
[12:47pm] ardissone|foraging: right
[12:47pm] ardissone|foraging: but if someone looks at them, we can get them done 
[12:47pm] ss: Right now, given the state of patches, we're holding for breakpad, and... maybe tab dragging.
[12:48pm] ardissone|foraging: the other stuff we need to try to resolve for b1 is the 10.5 visuals
[12:48pm] ardissone|foraging: or decide to punt
[12:49pm] ss: I'd like to get the bookmark bar at least. But we'll see. We can punt on it. It's not a P1.
[12:49pm] jeff: tab dragging will be done soon, pinky swear 
[12:49pm] ss: Then that's something we'd hold for too.
[12:50pm] ardissone|foraging: tinderboxen update for those not playing along at home:
[12:50pm] ardissone|foraging: maya caught the binus disease 
[12:50pm] ardissone|foraging: she's pretty seriously ill
[12:50pm] ss: Yes... I tried archiving and installing maya
[12:50pm] ss: She now sites on the grey screen with *no* Apple logo.
[12:50pm] ss: Which is worse than before.
[12:51pm] ardissone|foraging: otoh, cb-miniosx01 is the first 10.5 tinderbox in all of Mozillaland, and is faster than cb-x1
[12:51pm] ardissone|foraging: mento: will you be getting the *configs for cb-mini under version control
[12:51pm] mento: absolutely
[12:52pm] ss: On the other, other hand, if I can't get maya fixed, I'm going to go out and buy a couple PPC Macs for this.
[12:52pm] mento: it's not faster than cb-x1
[12:52pm] ss: Ts is faster.
[12:52pm] mento: yes
[12:52pm] mento: that is true
[12:52pm] ss: Builds are about the same.
[12:52pm] ardissone|foraging: wasn't cycle time faster, too?
[12:52pm] mento: cycle time is slightly slower
[12:52pm] ardissone|foraging: or very close
[12:52pm] mento: i made it shared which sped it up a tiny bit
[12:52pm] mento: i did it to get better shared coverage, not for the speed
[12:52pm] ss: It's still amazing given the 0.5 vs 4
[12:52pm] ss: Ah
[12:52pm] mento: i'll play with -j later to see if it makes much difference for speed
[12:53pm] ardissone|foraging: yeah, 100 ms slower Ts for shared 
[12:53pm] mento: but it's a crustier config, i wouldn't expect it to beat cb-x1 on cycle time
[12:53pm] ardissone|foraging: ok
[12:53pm] mento: 512MB + 60GB
[12:53pm] mento: doh
[12:53pm] ardissone|foraging: ss and i just noticed odd-seeming things, given the hw config
[12:53pm] ardissone|foraging: like that
[12:54pm] ardissone|foraging: on the trunk, smorgan, with help from bz and roc, has squashed most of the outstanding Camino-only trunk bugs 
[12:54pm] mento: that is hot
[12:54pm] ardissone|foraging: indeed
[12:54pm] ardissone|foraging: round of applause
[12:54pm] ardissone|foraging: there's one left we know of
[12:55pm] ardissone|foraging: as always, keep your eyes peeled for trunk regressions
[12:55pm] ardissone|foraging: the sr queue is clear, but the r queue is sad-looking
[12:56pm] ardissone|foraging: Wevah: how's your time-available-for-reviews these days 
[12:56pm] Wevah: not very good
[12:56pm] ardissone|foraging: ok
[12:56pm] Wevah: unless it's quick code-reviews probably
[12:56pm] smorgan: jeff, murph: feel free to poach the reviews I sent froodian if you get bored
[12:57pm] smorgan: (or Wevah)
[12:57pm] smorgan: I just hit him because he had just been around, and I thought he'd continue to be 
[12:57pm] ardissone|foraging: hwaara is w/o computer for a while, so says bugzilla
[12:58pm] murph: ok, I definitely will if I can find some time...maybe at the end of the week
[12:58pm] ardissone|foraging: at any rate, short of finding new devs and breaking them in, i'm not sure what we can do about the r queue, so just be mindful of it
[12:59pm] ardissone|foraging: anyone have anything else?
[1:02pm] ardissone|foraging: ok then
[1:02pm] ardissone|foraging: everyone look forward to 1.5.4 this afternoon
[1:03pm] mento: i will!
[1:03pm] ardissone|foraging: and have a good week
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox