Status Meetings:2008-02-20:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[12:20am] You were promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:20am] You changed the topic to "http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2008-02-20:Agenda".
[11:59am] murph joined the chat room.
[11:59am] murph was promoted to operator by you.
[12:00pm] smorgan joined the chat room.
[12:00pm] smorgan was promoted to operator by you.
[12:01pm] jeff joined the chat room.
[12:02pm] jeff was promoted to operator by you.
[12:04pm] ardissone|away: smorgan: what bug did you comment in last week saying we needed to discuss this week?  i couldn't find it when i went looking 
[12:05pm] smorgan: Find shortcut, probably
[12:05pm] ardissone|away: oh
[12:05pm] ardissone|away: yes
[12:05pm] smorgan: Now we just need to pick one of the nibs, so we can land it
[12:05pm] smorgan: Then I can start retraining my fingers
[12:05pm] ardissone|away: yeah 
[12:06pm] ardissone|away: wonders if his internet has just died, or bz is slow again 
[12:07pm] smorgan: But then I can stop cursing in other apps
[12:07pm] smorgan: So it'll be a win overall
[12:08pm] mento joined the chat room.
[12:08pm] mento was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:08pm] ardissone|away: waits for mento
[12:08pm] pinkerton joined the chat room.
[12:08pm] ardissone|away: there he is 
[12:08pm] pinkerton was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:09pm] ardissone|away: awesome
[12:09pm] pinkerton: mmm
[12:09pm] mento: yo
[12:09pm] ardissone|away: pings sam, just for good measure
[12:09pm] ardissone|away: ss: ^^^
[12:09pm] smorgan: yay!
[12:09pm] ardissone|away: everyone please open http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2008-02-20:Agenda in your Camino 1.6b2 or newer
[12:10pm] ardissone|away: we're getting closer to b3
[12:10pm] smorgan: I can almost taste it
[12:10pm] ardissone|away: we've been working on follow-ups to landings and nib/strings bugs 
[12:10pm] smorgan: We can probably b3 next week
[12:11pm] ardissone|away: about half of our triaging away last week has been replaced with new follow-ups
[12:11pm] ardissone|away: but smorgan probably landed most of them this morning
[12:11pm] ardissone|away: so, are we calling tab dragging and flashblock whitelist dead now?
[12:12pm] smorgan: Since batwood generally has limited time, I'm guessing flashblock whitelist isn't realistic
[12:13pm] smorgan: I don't know where we are with tab drag
[12:13pm] ardissone|away: jeff has another patch up
[12:14pm] ardissone|away: i haven't had a chance to play with it yet
[12:14pm] murph: I can say that i'll have a review done for Jeff's latest patch today...
[12:14pm] jeff:
[12:14pm] smorgan: It doesn't block b3, does it?
[12:14pm] smorgan: Or does it for testing purposes?
[12:14pm] ardissone|away: do we want to land a big feature after that?
[12:16pm] smorgan: I'll look at the current state of the patch this weekend, and see if I can get a feel for risk
[12:16pm] ardissone|away: we should see where it stands when murph finishes
[12:16pm] ardissone|away: yeah
[12:17pm] ardissone|away: we should also probably land spinner removal for b3 even if we replace the icon later with something we like more
[12:17pm] pinkerton: you know, i like the spinners. i haven't seen any problems and i've been looking
[12:17pm] pinkerton: a bit higher cpu usage, but other than that, no big redraw issues
[12:18pm] smorgan: pinkerton: the spinners themselves don't draw correctly
[12:18pm] smorgan: white squares
[12:18pm] ardissone|away: hands pink a new pair of glasses
[12:18pm] ardissone|away: (or grey)
[12:18pm] smorgan: out of sync with tab size changes
[12:18pm] ardissone|away: and there is page tearing still
[12:18pm] pinkerton: boggles
[12:18pm] ardissone|away: nothing like it used to be, but still noticeable
[12:18pm] smorgan: The last I haven't seen
[12:19pm] ardissone|away: i've seen it on 10.3.9 and 10.5
[12:19pm] smorgan: I believe you, I just haven't seen it myself 
[12:19pm] ardissone|away:
[12:19pm] ardissone|away: anyway
[12:20pm] ardissone|away: they're misbehaving
[12:20pm] ardissone|away: smorgan: did you talk to your guys about fixing the "all tabs" menu icon?
[12:21pm] smorgan: I'll just mess with it
[12:21pm] pinkerton: i still don't see it, but *shrug*
[12:21pm] smorgan: Make it darker
[12:21pm] smorgan: Call that good for now
[12:21pm] smorgan: We'll revisit them when we make a new tab look
[12:21pm] ardissone|away: k
[12:22pm] ardissone|away: wrt to AppleScript, peeja needs to fix his memory management and then we'll be done with bookmark-eating
[12:22pm] ardissone|away: murph has some opensearch follow-ups still in progress
[12:23pm] ardissone|away: we need mento's exec trick to make the feedhandlers useful
[12:24pm] ardissone|away: and smorgan has basically polished off the find bar
[12:25pm] ardissone|away: anything else on 1.6 other than the specific bugs mentioned below?
[12:27pm] ardissone|away: ok, tinderboxen
[12:27pm] ardissone|away: mento: any news on mini-binus or mini-maya?
[12:27pm] mento: no new news
[12:27pm] ardissone|away:
[12:28pm] ardissone|away: puts on his thebot hat
[12:28pm] ardissone|away: Bug 417782 - Decide on a form fill shortcut
[12:29pm] ardissone|away: option 1 is "Fill Form" and Cmd-Shift-F
[12:30pm] ardissone|away: option 2 is "Auto-Fill Form" and Cmd-Shift-A
[12:31pm] ardissone|away: i dislike 2 because it could confuse our users into thinking we have automatic (no intervention) filling, and we don't
[12:31pm] smorgan: I'm not sure why users would think that there would be a menu item for no-intervention filling
[12:32pm] ardissone|away: because they're camino users?
[12:32pm] ardissone|away: and safari talks about it doing both, oddly enough
[12:34pm] smorgan: mento, pinkerton: any opinions?
[12:35pm] ss: I dislike 1 because it uses "F"
[12:35pm] pinkerton: give me some background, why are we thinking about changing the name?
[12:35pm] ardissone|away: (i think A seems odd, because it's not related to form or fill)
[12:35pm] pinkerton: is the name itself confusing, or is it because we need to change the shortcut?
[12:35pm] smorgan: We have to change the shortcut
[12:35pm] smorgan: If we don't want to use Cmd
[12:35pm] smorgan: er, Cmd-Shift-F, we need a new name
[12:35pm] ardissone|away: to accommodate the new HIG shortcut for Search Field
[12:36pm] pinkerton: can't we make it what the search field was?
[12:36pm] pinkerton: cmd-opt-f?
[12:36pm] smorgan: That's option
[12:36pm] smorgan: 1
[12:36pm] smorgan: needs a smaller Return key
[12:36pm] pinkerton: that's the one i like
[12:37pm] ardissone|away: ok
[12:37pm] smorgan: sr+?
[12:38pm] pinkerton: yup
[12:38pm] smorgan: k, I'll land it
[12:38pm] ardissone|away: yay
[12:38pm] smorgan: Everyone reset your brains/fingers for tomorrow's build
[12:38pm] ardissone|away: Bug 413501 - Provide a one-per-version startup warning about problem add-ons
[12:39pm] ardissone|away: we need some language ideas
[12:39pm] ss: German
[12:40pm] ardissone|away: >+"ProblematicAddOnWarningTitle" = "Unsupported Add-Ons Detected";
[12:40pm] ss: What's wrong with that?
[12:41pm] ss: I know all add-ons are unsupported
[12:41pm] ss: But there's not really a better word for it.
[12:41pm] ss: (Also, "Add-Ons" or "Add-ons"?)
[12:41pm] ardissone|away: all add-ons are unsupported, and these are only the ones we've had issues with in the past
[12:41pm] pinkerton: ss: probably the latter
[12:41pm] pinkerton: is it Plug-in or Plug-In ?
[12:42pm] ardissone|away: Plug-Ins in the menu
[12:42pm] ss: Right
[12:42pm] ardissone|away: it's title case
[12:42pm] pinkerton: yeah. Plug-In
[12:42pm] ss: Weird, but alright.
[12:42pm] ardissone|away: if no one has any better ideas, that's certainly workable
[12:43pm] ardissone|away: we were just fishing for more brains
[12:43pm] ss: I got nothing. But I'll think about it.
[12:44pm] ardissone|away: smorgan: i guess i don't like the thought of putting that entire gigantic string in a second time
[12:46pm] ardissone|away: mento: i suppose you're at lunch now
[12:48pm] ardissone|away: ok
[12:48pm] ardissone|away: anyone have anything else?
[12:49pm] ardissone|away: smorgan: if batwood happened to have time this week/weekend, how far off is that patch?
[12:50pm] smorgan: I'm proposing a very different architecture, so I can't estimate how long it would take him
[12:50pm] ardissone|away: ok, i couldn't tell exactly what that last bit was 
[12:52pm] ardissone|away: alrighty
[12:53pm] ardissone|away: we'll aim for b3 next week pending an evaluation of where tab dnd is this weekend
[12:53pm] ardissone|away: that means get those nib-and-strings bugs done 
[12:55pm] ardissone|away: and have a good week!
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox