Status Meetings:2008-02-27:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[02:12am] You were promoted to operator by chanserv.
[02:12am] You changed the topic to "http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2008-02-27:Agenda".
[11:55am] jeff joined the chat room.
[11:59am] You were promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:00pm] jeff was promoted to operator by you.
[12:00pm] murph joined the chat room.
[12:00pm] murph was promoted to operator by you.
[12:03pm] smorgan joined the chat room.
[12:03pm] smorgan was promoted to operator by you.
[12:03pm] ardissone|away: are we expecting pink or mento?
[12:05pm] smorgan: not sure
[12:05pm] ardissone|away: we have a small crowd anyway, so let's wait 5 more
[12:07pm] alimony joined the chat room.
[12:07pm] alimony was promoted to operator by you.
[12:07pm] alimony: hey folks
[12:07pm] ardissone|away: hi markus
[12:07pm] alimony: i was wondering when the string freeze is
[12:07pm] smorgan: RSN
[12:07pm] alimony: i've been working on bug 410110 today
[12:07pm] alimony: almost done
[12:08pm] ardissone|away: i think we want to build by week-end, probably
[12:08pm] smorgan: I'm crossing my fingers for this week, yeah
[12:08pm] alimony: (more work than i thought)
[12:08pm] alimony: ok, so i'll try to finish up this evening or early tomorrow, I hope the patch can make it for this release
[12:08pm] alimony: is week-end friday or sunday? 
[12:09pm] ardissone|away: er, end-of-the-week; friday
[12:09pm] ardissone|away: depends on mento's schedule
[12:09pm] ardissone|away: (and bugs and relnotes)
[12:10pm] ardissone|away: ok
[12:10pm] ardissone|away: holler if you see anyone else pop up in #camino
[12:10pm] ardissone|away: or /invite them, even 
[12:11pm] alimony: good to know, i can't participate in this meeting though, i am too hungry
[12:11pm] alimony: and have to eat
[12:11pm] ardissone|away: k 
[12:11pm] alimony: and make food for håkan 
[12:11pm] ardissone|away: check the log to see if we come up with a date
[12:11pm] alimony: yep, will do
[12:11pm] alimony: cheers and good bye
[12:12pm] ardissone|away: later 
[12:12pm] alimony left the chat room. (Quit: alimony)
[12:12pm] ardissone|away: everyone open your Camino 1.6b2 or newer to http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2008-02-27:Agenda
[12:12pm] ardissone|away: We're very close to code-complete for b3
[12:13pm] ardissone|away: there are 4 blocking? and 1 blocking+
[12:13pm] ardissone|away: (plus relnotes, once landing is done)
[12:13pm] ardissone|away: with a couple of last minute string-type things also still cooking
[12:14pm] ardissone|away: the bug markus mentioned, and sam's thing below
[12:15pm] ardissone|away: ideally we go code-complete tomorrow, land the relnotes and build friday, and release early next week
[12:15pm] ardissone|away: fx has entered their b3 freeze
[12:15pm] ardissone|away: there doesn't seem to be an ETA for that release
[12:15pm] ardissone|away: but again ideally we'd like to beat them
[12:16pm] smorgan: It's 1 month from l10n freeze, yes?
[12:16pm] ardissone|away: AppleScript is now done; waiting on peeja to FIXED his SoC bug is all
[12:16pm] smorgan: (For us)
[12:16pm] ardissone|away: give-or-take
[12:16pm] ardissone|away: i think that's what it took last time
[12:17pm] ardissone|away: we might be able to swing 3 weeks, depending on what l10n has been doing
[12:17pm] ardissone|away: we did encourage them to start working on b2
[12:18pm] ardissone|away: but I don't know how many did
[12:18pm] ardissone|away: the one blocking+ bug is the appcast script, but that doesn't really need to block the build
[12:19pm] ardissone|away: right?
[12:19pm] smorgan: Right
[12:19pm] ardissone|away: i believe all of murph's and smorgan's search followups are now done, too
[12:20pm] ardissone|away: which brings us to feedhandlers
[12:20pm] ardissone|away: we need to get the exec stuff working for them to be useful
[12:21pm] ardissone|away: and it would be good to have them available for testing in b3
[12:21pm] ardissone|away: enter conundrum 
[12:21pm] smorgan: I can try to look at that tomorrow, but I don't know for sure that I'll have time
[12:21pm] ardissone|away: ok
[12:22pm] ardissone|away: nothing new or interesting on the talkback side about 1.5.5 or 1.6b2
[12:23pm] ardissone|away: no news on the tinderboxen
[12:24pm] ardissone|away: that i know of
[12:24pm] ardissone|away: amidst everything else
[12:24pm] ardissone|away: we need to keep SoC 2008 in mind
[12:24pm] ardissone|away: start thinking of prokects
[12:25pm] ardissone|away: you can add them to http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Development:Good_Bugs_and_Projects
[12:25pm] ardissone|away: (which i need to clean up a bit more yet)
[12:25pm] ardissone|away: so when MoFo puts out its call for ideas a week before the deadline, we can have projects ready 
[12:26pm] ardissone|away: iirc, the deadline is usually next month
[12:26pm] ardissone|away: ss: are you here?
[12:26pm] ss: Yes
[12:26pm] ardissone|away: hands you the floor
[12:27pm] ss: Jay talked to me yesterday and recommended we add a new menu item
[12:27pm] ss: He said the Help menu, but any other place would be fine.
[12:27pm] ss: A "Donate" option.
[12:27pm] ss: I think it makes sense and I'd like to do it.
[12:27pm] ss: Just wondering what others thought
[12:28pm] ss: In Help, it'd go beneath "Camino Home Page"
[12:28pm] smorgan:
[12:28pm] ss: The argument is simple, of course. 
[12:28pm] ss: We've made a lot in donations because people want to donate to our project
[12:29pm] ss: That's been more successful than other MoFo projects
[12:29pm] ss: And if we keep that up, it can really benefit us
[12:29pm] ss: More SoC projects, for example
[12:29pm] ss: I know it's a late addition, but I think it's worth it.
[12:29pm] ss: wonders if smorgan has more feedback than ":P"
[12:30pm] ss:
[12:30pm] ardissone|away: sam and i argued last night, and he convinced me 
[12:30pm] smorgan: Camino isn't donationware
[12:30pm] smorgan: I don't think someone should be hit with a guilt trip by our UI
[12:30pm] ss: That's a fair point
[12:31pm] smorgan: Especially under Help. "Oh you want help? Really? Have you donated yet?"
[12:32pm] ss: Yeah, well
[12:32pm] ss: The application menu is pretty full
[12:32pm] ardissone|away: it has similar problems, too
[12:32pm] jeff: maybe a "Contribute..." link? that could be to doing things to help, in addition to donating
[12:33pm] ss: Yeah, that's better
[12:34pm] ss: Contribute includes a lot of other things
[12:34pm] ss: I dunno. It was just a last minute idea. 
[12:36pm] ardissone|away: i'm not sure if that accomplishes the goal without similar problems
[12:36pm] smorgan: Fundamentally, it's not user-oriented, so I don't think it belongs in the software
[12:37pm] ss: Alrigth
[12:38pm] ss: Alright even
[12:39pm] ardissone|away: anyone have anything else about 1.6b3?
[12:39pm] smorgan: ship it!
[12:39pm] smorgan: hopes if he says it enough it will come true 
[12:40pm] ardissone|away: eventually 
[12:40pm] ardissone|away: we also have 14 bugs targeted at 1.6 and another 6 blocking?
[12:41pm] ardissone|away: so if you don't have anything 1.6b3 on your plate
[12:41pm] ardissone|away: and aren't doing reviews for 1.6b3 patches for others
[12:41pm] ardissone|away: take a look at those 20
[12:42pm] ardissone|away: anyone have anything else in general?
[12:43pm] smorgan: The 1.6 push is going very well; thanks to all for pushing through bugs
[12:43pm] ardissone|away: indeed
[12:43pm] ardissone|away: we also have a number of UNCOs out there that are hangs or crashes
[12:43pm] ardissone|away: with crashlogs or samples
[12:44pm] ardissone|away: so if you have reasonable dev skills
[12:44pm] ardissone|away: please have a look
[12:46pm] ardissone|away: ok?
[12:47pm] ardissone|away: everyone work on 1.6b3/1.6 bugs, and have a good week!
[12:50pm] smorgan left the chat room.
[12:50pm] jeff left the chat room.
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox