Status Meetings:2008-03-26:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[03:12am] You were promoted to operator by chanserv.
[03:12am] You changed the topic to "http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2008-03-26:Agenda".
[11:42am] murph joined the chat room.
[11:45am] AmpCoder joined the chat room.
[11:58am] murph was promoted to operator by you.
[12:03pm] smorgan joined the chat room.
[12:03pm] smorgan was promoted to operator by you.
[12:03pm] pinkerton joined the chat room.
[12:03pm] pinkerton was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:03pm] ardissone: should we wait a couple for mento?
[12:07pm] smorgan: we can catch him up if he joins later
[12:07pm] ardissone: ok
[12:07pm] ardissone: everyone please open your Camino 1.6b3  to http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2008-03-26:Agenda
[12:08pm] pinkerton: ship it!
[12:08pm] ardissone: you'll note we shipped b3 yesterday
[12:08pm] smorgan: yay!
[12:08pm] ardissone: so far nothing good, nothing bad
[12:09pm] ardissone: though we had the misfortune of releasing the same days as a Fx security release 
[12:10pm] ardissone: there's not much more to do
[12:10pm] ardissone: as far as we can tell, the new script is working properly
[12:11pm] ardissone: in terms of 1.6 final, we're blocked on l10n and website changes
[12:11pm] ardissone: i asked to get an l10n update by today
[12:11pm] ardissone: but there is none 
[12:12pm] pinkerton: hrm, i didn't see an upgrade notification
[12:12pm] ardissone:
[12:12pm] pinkerton: let me try now
[12:12pm] smorgan: It hasn't been 24 hours yet...
[12:12pm] smorgan: I forget, did we simul-release 1.5?
[12:12pm] pinkerton: ah ok
[12:13pm] ardissone: ?
[12:13pm] pinkerton: then i'll check later tonight
[12:13pm] ardissone: oh, yes
[12:13pm] smorgan: multilingual and english, sorry
[12:13pm] ardissone: i think a couple of languages missed 1.5 and landed in 1.5.1
[12:13pm] ardissone: but we delayed because we didn't have German, French, and something else big
[12:14pm] mento joined the chat room.
[12:14pm] mento was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:14pm] ardissone: should we tell them "two weeks" ?
[12:15pm] smorgan: it's unfortunate that we've been essentially frozen for a month, here we are coming to the timeline we'd set, and we don't even know what we have
[12:15pm] smorgan: I'd be fine with that
[12:16pm] ardissone: there's not a lot of website work (mostly redoing search and find and adding search plug-ins), but i'll need a little time for that
[12:16pm] ardissone: (and new front page features)
[12:17pm] ardissone: especially if sam's not available much
[12:17pm] ardissone: but two weeks should be do-able
[12:18pm] ardissone: it would be nice if we could also release CBSamplePane around 1.6
[12:18pm] ardissone: so if someone could fix the issues in cl's nib, we could finish that up
[12:18pm] ardissone: not a blocker, of course
[12:19pm] ardissone: anything else on 1.6?
[12:20pm] smorgan: restrains himself
[12:21pm] ardissone: our SoC project suggestions from last week are up at http://wiki.mozilla.org/Community:SummerOfCode08#Camino
[12:21pm] ardissone: students are applying this week
[12:21pm] ardissone: hopefully we get some 
[12:21pm] pinkerton: are we officially part of mozilla? how is that going to work?
[12:21pm] smorgan: just like last year?
[12:22pm] pinkerton: where they gave us 2 and pulled one back at the last minute?
[12:22pm] pinkerton: last year seemed like a cluster-...
[12:22pm] smorgan: Okay, hopefully not *just* like last year...
[12:22pm] ardissone: haha
[12:23pm] pinkerton: is someone (ss?) making sure we're in the pool for mozilla slots?
[12:23pm] ardissone: some of the comments on my post also mentioned Growl, for future reference (but it may be too small)
[12:25pm] ardissone: dunno
[12:25pm] ardissone: ss: ^^^
[12:26pm] ardissone: anything else on SoC ?
[12:28pm] pinkerton: guess not
[12:29pm] smorgan: ship it?
[12:29pm] ardissone: so, more big fun with tinderboxen 
[12:29pm] ardissone: thursday boxset went awol from tinderbox
[12:29pm] mento: oh
[12:29pm] pinkerton: belize is nice this time of year
[12:29pm] mento: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/manage/sendfrom-07.html
[12:30pm] ardissone:
[12:30pm] ardissone: wasn't that a problem before?
[12:30pm] smorgan: Ah, I've been getting that at home too
[12:30pm] mento: this is new
[12:30pm] smorgan: It's happening to me a lot recently, but intermittently
[12:31pm] ardissone: well, good; that should be one less crazy tinderbox
[12:32pm] ardissone: at some point it would be good to try and fix Bug 421031, too, so cb-x1 gives real numbers again, and to get the minis set up
[12:32pm] ardissone: but for this week, i'll be happy with boxset coming back 
[12:33pm] ardissone: that's pretty much it
[12:33pm] ardissone: if you've got some time on your hands, check out the review queue
[12:34pm] ardissone: or start working on those core-caused regressions for 2.0
[12:34pm] ardissone: (or breakpad, since we said we're not shipping 2.0 with Talkback)
[12:34pm] ardissone: oh
[12:35pm] ardissone: murph: any updates on anti-phishing since last week?
[12:37pm] ardissone: anything else from anyone else?
[12:37pm] murph: I've been talking with Dave Camp, who worked on the url-classifier component...
[12:38pm] murph: i have it integrated (built and linked) into Camino just fine, but I'm having a hard time getting it to actually populate the database
[12:38pm] murph: running into a few NS_FAILED() errors
[12:38pm] ardissone: NS_FAILED(YOU_ARE_NOT_FIREFOX) 
[12:39pm] ardissone: but that's some good progress 
[12:39pm] smorgan: Or we need to add some new components
[12:39pm] ardissone: yeah, are you adding the xpts?
[12:40pm] murph: yeah, it's likely something with a dependency, PSM maybe, because it's only when using secure MAC keys
[12:40pm] murph: yep, all the xpts added; I can successfully instantiate the component from the service manager, and it establishes an empty database
[12:40pm] murph: so it's just the actual downloading of the provider data (from Google) that I run into trouble
[12:42pm] murph: but, at least it's built in now, I'll hopefully nail down the remaining issues
[12:42pm] ardissone:
[12:42pm] murph: having said that...
[12:42pm] murph: i'll say that I think re-using the component is probably now our best choice
[12:43pm] murph: as version2 of Google's protocol is much more complex, and we'd be re-inventing a lot of work
[12:43pm] ardissone: at some point we'll have to move to toolkit anyway
[12:44pm] murph: v1 was simple enough that given the building hassle (and added dependence on the rendering engine) that rolling our own was a valid option
[12:44pm] murph: but that's not a choice anymore 
[12:45pm] pinkerton: goes to make a sandwich
[12:45pm] ardissone: that sounds reasonable, so hopefully the NS_ERRORs won't be too intractable
[12:45pm] ardissone: anything else from anyone?
[12:45pm] ardissone: (except our chief sandwich-maker?)
[12:47pm] ardissone: ok then
[12:48pm] ardissone: good work on b3 everyone
[12:48pm] ardissone: and have a good week! 
[12:48pm] smorgan left the chat room.
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox