Status Meetings:2008-04-02:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[04:27am] You were promoted to operator by chanserv.
[04:27am] You changed the topic to "http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2008-04-02:Agenda".
[06:12am] Simon joined the chat room.
[11:21am] AmpCoder joined the chat room.
[11:27am] murph_ joined the chat room.
[11:58am] jeff joined the chat room.
[12:00pm] smorgan joined the chat room.
[12:01pm] smorgan was promoted to operator by you.
[12:01pm] jeff was promoted to operator by you.
[12:01pm] murph_ was promoted to operator by you.
[12:01pm] peeja joined the chat room.
[12:02pm] peeja was promoted to operator by you.
[12:02pm] peeja: hey, I'm here for a meeting!
[12:02pm] ardissone: smorgan: any sign of your compatriots?
[12:02pm] ardissone: woohoo 
[12:03pm] smorgan: no pink today it looks like
[12:03pm] ardissone: let's give mento a few again and then we'll start
[12:07pm] AmpCoder left the chat room.
[12:07pm] AmpCoder joined the chat room.
[12:12pm] ardissone: ok
[12:12pm] ardissone: everyone please open your Camino 1.6b4 or newer to http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2008-04-02:Agenda
[12:12pm] ardissone: as you may know, since last we met we released a new beta 
[12:13pm] ardissone: crashes in it seem much more scattered (more normal)
[12:14pm] ardissone: but the lesson we should take from b1 and b3 is that we really need a freeze or RC period with a build before we release 
[12:14pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else on b3/b4?
[12:17pm] ardissone: jeff: are your parents auto-updating OK?
[12:17pm] jeff: I will have to ask them, but I have not gotten any frantic calls yet, so that is a good sign
[12:18pm] ardissone:
[12:18pm] ardissone: did you tick the checkbox for always auto-aupdate?
[12:18pm] jeff: I think so
[12:18pm] ardissone: k
[12:19pm] ardissone: on to what's left of 1.6
[12:19pm] mento joined the chat room.
[12:19pm] mento was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:19pm] ardissone: we'll be getting a new Gecko
[12:19pm] ardissone: there's a really nasty crash that apparently has some security implications
[12:20pm] ardissone: so they're firedrilling
[12:20pm] ardissone: smorgan's been fixing a few lingering bugs we've found
[12:20pm] ardissone: stefanh made a new dsstore for the dmg
[12:21pm] ardissone: so that it doesn't look like suck on 10.5+path bar
[12:21pm] ardissone: i'll look at it today, and if it looks good we should be able to take it, i think
[12:22pm] ardissone: pretty much what's left is sam and me
[12:22pm] ardissone: except i imagine we'll be without sam
[12:22pm] ss: I'll likely have some time.
[12:22pm] ardissone: that, and we have no l10n status
[12:22pm] ardissone:
[12:22pm] ardissone: i didn't get to mail them again yesterday because i was down-and-out
[12:23pm] ardissone: ss: do we have an early ETA on 1.8.1.14 yet?
[12:23pm] ss: Not really. Maybe two weeks, maybe less.
[12:23pm] ardissone: k
[12:23pm] ss: QA needs to do some work (myself included).
[12:24pm] ardissone: haha 
[12:24pm] ardissone: repeats his plea for getting the nib for CBSamplePane fixed
[12:24pm] ardissone: oh
[12:24pm] ardissone: ss: any more news on icons?
[12:25pm] ss: Yeah; I should have a couple more over the weekend.
[12:25pm] ardissone: what about smorgan's comments on the original set?
[12:26pm] ss: The mat and what was the other one?
[12:26pm] ardissone: um
[12:26pm] ardissone: the arrow on reload
[12:27pm] ss: Oh, that's the same arrow. I'm almost positive.
[12:27pm] ardissone: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=384725#c22
[12:27pm] ss: Maybe a little wider.
[12:27pm] ss: I'll see what I can do.
[12:28pm] ardissone: k
[12:28pm] ss: I'm actually okay with the mat, fwiw.
[12:29pm] smorgan: If no-one agrees with me, such is life; I'm not going to cry if they stay as-is
[12:29pm] ardissone: (there was also my comment on the top/bottom of the printer)
[12:29pm] ardissone: i kind-of notice it in screenshots, but it's not on my toolbar
[12:29pm] ss: Yeah, I'll have a new printer icon.
[12:30pm] ss: Where "new" just means "revised"
[12:30pm] ardissone:
[12:30pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else on 1.6 ?
[12:32pm] ardissone: anyone care anything about 1.5.6?
[12:32pm] ardissone: didn't think so 
[12:32pm] ss: murph_?
[12:32pm] ss: You wanna do a quick update?
[12:32pm] murph_: yeah, I was able to get the url-classifier working from within Camino...
[12:33pm] murph_: so, having overcome the integration issues, I have it populating the local blacklist database (finally)
[12:33pm] ardissone:
[12:34pm] ss: Awesome
[12:34pm] murph_: I will continue to keep working away at the feature, with most of the tough stumbling blocks out of the way now 
[12:35pm] smorgan: So soon we can have the coveted PayPal endorsement? 
[12:35pm] ardissone: so what's left? hooking it up to the docshell page stuff?
[12:35pm] ss: We'll need to talk about UI at some point, but not yet.
[12:36pm] ardissone: ok, more 2.0 stuff
[12:37pm] ardissone: http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Development:Planning:Camino_2.0
[12:37pm] ardissone: is a rough scoping document
[12:37pm] ardissone: in terms of the bug picture
[12:37pm] ardissone: er, big picture
[12:37pm] ardissone: in terms of the bug picture (there are queries on that page)
[12:37pm] ardissone: smorgan has started triaging the 2.0 list
[12:38pm] ardissone: keeping things that are either regressions
[12:38pm] ardissone: things we can now do to make life better
[12:38pm] ardissone: or things that have someone working on them
[12:38pm] ardissone: the list is at ca 50 right now
[12:38pm] murph_: Sorry, to jump back a sec, yes the doc shell does have mechanisms in there for checking for a phishing status error.
[12:39pm] murph_: after I experiment more with the lookup API I'll figure out how to integrate the component into the loading process
[12:39pm] murph_: that outta do it for the phishing status update 
[12:39pm] ardissone: phish on! 
[12:39pm] ardissone: murph did some debugging of bug 424906
[12:40pm] ardissone: smorgan's been wacking some other regressions
[12:40pm] ardissone: I think we need to actually reopen bug 379199
[12:41pm] ardissone: and probably re-nom so that it actually gets looked at
[12:41pm] ardissone: otherwise it will likely remain lost in the cesspool of "doesn't affect firefox" regressions that is cooca widgets
[12:42pm] ardissone: anything else on 2.0 right now?
[12:43pm] ardissone: jeff: have you looked at your outstanding tabspose bugs much?
[12:43pm] jeff: last week I started picking up the pieces
[12:43pm] jeff: so some patches might start to trickle in
[12:44pm] ardissone: it and anti=phishing are likely going to be our 2 features
[12:44pm] ardissone: SoC deadline extended to next Monday
[12:45pm] ardissone: if you know of any good students, please send them our way 
[12:46pm] ardissone: next up is weekly tinderbox suck
[12:46pm] ardissone: boxset has just come back on to the internet
[12:46pm] ardissone: and my perf table is getting perf again
[12:47pm] ardissone: sam says that boxset might show up on tinderbox, too
[12:47pm] ardissone: if not, he'll go after that again tonight
[12:47pm] ardissone: the only other
[12:47pm] ardissone: "news"
[12:48pm] ardissone: is that we've loaned mini-mayaTrunk to Calendar
[12:48pm] ardissone: since their xserve is dead
[12:49pm] ardissone: hopefully when they're done, we'll get it and mini-binus actually set up
[12:49pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else?
[12:53pm] ardissone: ok
[12:53pm] ardissone: everyone have a good week
[12:54pm] smorgan left the chat room.
[12:54pm] ardissone: catch up on your old review requests ;)
[12:54pm] jeff left the chat room.
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox