Status Meetings:2008-04-30:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[02:21am] You were promoted to operator by chanserv.
[02:22am] You changed the topic to "http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2008-04-30:Agenda".
[10:53am] cl|zzz is now known as cl.
[11:17am] Pinolo joined the chat room.
[11:55am] murph joined the chat room.
[11:59am] cl was promoted to operator by you.
[11:59am] murph was promoted to operator by you.
[12:00pm] Pinolo was promoted to operator by you.
[12:01pm] smorgan joined the chat room.
[12:02pm] smorgan was promoted to operator by you.
[12:02pm] cl: oh, hah, it would help if pink was actually here to be invited
[12:02pm] pinkerton joined the chat room.
[12:02pm] pinkerton was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:02pm] pinkerton: moof
[12:02pm] ardissone: mooooooof
[12:03pm] ardissone: waits on mento to actually join 
[12:04pm] ardissone: wonders if mento took an early lunch
[12:05pm] ardissone: well, hopefully he'll come back and show up here
[12:05pm] ardissone: everyone please open your Camino 1.6 or newer to http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2008-04-30:Agenda
[12:06pm] ardissone: first up, we're about 3 weeks into Camino 1.6 now
[12:07pm] ardissone: other than some keychain-related crashes and some opensearch fun, things have been pretty good
[12:08pm] ardissone: we're working on getting the opensearch fun straightened out so that we can do a 1.6.1 before the next Gecko
[12:08pm] ardissone: (which will be mid-late June)
[12:08pm] ardissone: if you're doing triage and want to see if a bug still exists on the trunk
[12:09pm] ardissone: be very careful about pointing people to trunk nightlies
[12:09pm] ardissone: since there is destructive profile migration happening
[12:09pm] ardissone: make sure to tell people to move their profile folder somewhere else, or to use Troubleshoot Camino
[12:10pm] ardissone: also, josh apparently wants us to send all plug-in bugs to Core, even if the bug is clearly something brain-dead stupid in the plug-in
[12:10pm] pinkerton: ah
[12:10pm] pinkerton: smorgan: tell alex 
[12:11pm] ardissone: (like dividing by zero  )
[12:12pm] ardissone: we're also ready to add Spanish and improve Norwegian in 1.6 (assuming we aren't wrapping up the opensearch fun ASAP)
[12:12pm] smorgan: I assume we are doing 1.6.1 very soon
[12:12pm] ardissone: ok
[12:13pm] cl: Who's Alex?
[12:13pm] ardissone: can you review murph's string-changing patch ASAP then?
[12:13pm] smorgan: Have we restored the server script yet?
[12:13pm] ardissone: no
[12:13pm] smorgan: We should do that before 1.6.1 so we have time to see if things catch fire
[12:13pm] ardissone: k
[12:13pm] ardissone: i'll do that today
[12:13pm] smorgan: I'd llike to not learn during the 1.6.1 that we are still melting...
[12:14pm] ardissone: i'm also filing a bug on sam
[12:14pm] smorgan: the 1.6.1 push, that it
[12:14pm] smorgan: is
[12:14pm] smorgan: sighs
[12:15pm] ardissone: murph's patch ended up with a bit more string change that I anticipated, but I don't think it's too bad as long as we get it in as far in advance of the final build as possible
[12:15pm] ardissone: Pinolo: are you following https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=430070 ?
[12:16pm] Pinolo: yes, though the last comment left me puzzled
[12:16pm] murph: sorry I wasn't clear enough Pinolo...
[12:17pm] ardissone: the current error is the first one + the last one
[12:17pm] murph: basically instead of a general failure error, we have the ability to indicate specific problems
[12:17pm] murph: but with each error that first sentence would be reused every time
[12:17pm] Pinolo: no, it was probably me not having too much time to read through. The bottom line I guess it's that there are 5 new strings to translate, right?
[12:18pm] ardissone: yes, but 2 can be reused from what's done
[12:18pm] murph: well, SearchPluginInstallationErrorMessage is basically identical to it's former version, with the last sentence chopped off and thrown in XMLSearchPluginParserUnknownError
[12:19pm] Pinolo: ok
[12:20pm] ardissone: smorgan, pinkerton, murph: can we have as a goal to get that patch r/sr/landed by Friday?
[12:20pm] smorgan: I was planning to review it tonight
[12:20pm] ardissone: k
[12:20pm] murph: yes, i'll get any review changes in asap
[12:21pm] smorgan: I skimmed it and nothing big jumped out at me
[12:21pm] ardissone:
[12:21pm] murph: phew 
[12:22pm] ardissone: anything else on 1.6/1.6.1?
[12:23pm] cl: well, one quick thing, I guess, since it's minor and we're planning 1.6.1 soon
[12:23pm] ardissone: The only other bug we have left for it is https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=429718
[12:23pm] cl: bug 430919
[12:23pm] ardissone: (work around NSXMLParser foo)
[12:23pm] murph: that should be a one or two line patch...
[12:24pm] murph: i was waiting on the former bug we just talked about, since they're both going to touch the same line
[12:24pm] cl: smorgan: if you'd rather I target someone else for sr on that, I can change it, or if you'd prefer I get someone to r first, that's fine
[12:24pm] ardissone: it would be good if we could RC early/mid next week
[12:24pm] smorgan: I'll look at it when I have time, but that's not for 1.6.x
[12:25pm] ardissone: and then 1.6.1 on 13 May
[12:25pm] cl: too high-risk?
[12:25pm] smorgan: There's no reason to take it
[12:25pm] ardissone: too little benefit
[12:25pm] smorgan: It fixes no actual problem
[12:25pm] cl: ah
[12:25pm] ardissone: anti-phishing update?
[12:26pm] murph: I hope to publish my WIP somewhere this week
[12:26pm] pinkerton: sr queue clear
[12:26pm] ardissone:
[12:26pm] ardissone:
[12:27pm] ardissone: smorgan: do we want to take the keychain error logging in 1.6.1?
[12:27pm] murph: and..I've been keeping an eye on https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=402469
[12:27pm] smorgan: I think so, given some of the issues people are reporting
[12:27pm] ardissone: ok
[12:28pm] ardissone: ew
[12:28pm] murph: but that bug, tracking server-side issues at Google, should be well out of the way by the time we're ready with anti-phishing
[12:28pm] murph: just makes testing a little tougher i guess 
[12:30pm] ardissone: jeff's not here to talk about tabs
[12:30pm] ardissone: smorgan has been fixing some of the smaller tabspose bugs
[12:30pm] ardissone: that's really all I know there
[12:31pm] ardissone: we discussed l10n of .dtd files late one night in the channel
[12:31pm] ardissone: i dumped the discussion into bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=394105
[12:32pm] Pinolo: how's that going?
[12:32pm] ardissone: i don't know what we'll be able to do there
[12:33pm] ardissone: in baby-steps 
[12:33pm] Pinolo: these days I was thinking the chrome issue is really bugging me as localizer
[12:33pm] ardissone: it's not an 2.0a1 feature
[12:33pm] smorgan: Well, .properties is better than nothing
[12:34pm] ardissone: but hopefully we can get more work done on it soon after a1
[12:34pm] Pinolo: if you think of it, most of Camino's feedback is unlocalizable! 
[12:34pm] ardissone: do we intercept chrome urls, or just look for keys?
[12:36pm] smorgan: if that's to me, I haven't looked again since finding that dtd's don't go through kreeger's stuff
[12:36pm] ardissone: k
[12:37pm] ardissone: smorgan: is the security exception thing in your basket, or do we have someone else who can/will do that?
[12:37pm] smorgan: I assume I'll have to do it, but I won't be sad if someone beats me to it
[12:38pm] ardissone: which i assume is behind opensearch/1.6.1 in your queue 
[12:39pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else on 2.0/2.0a1?
[12:41pm] ardissone: nothing new to report in the long litany of tinderbox issues
[12:42pm] ardissone: cl: any luck downloading Xcode 2.5 to work on CBSamplePane?
[12:42pm] cl: oh, heh, not yet, been busy doing other stuff around the place
[12:43pm] ardissone: r queue is creeping higher, so if you're it on any of them, please keep that in mind
[12:43pm] jeff joined the chat room.
[12:44pm] jeff was promoted to operator by you.
[12:44pm] ardissone: jeff: world-of-tabs update?
[12:44pm] jeff: no update yet. sorry 
[12:45pm] ardissone: also, we had someone pop in in the middle of the night the other night wanting to help with coding
[12:45pm] ardissone: hopefully he'll come back when someone is awake 
[12:46pm] ardissone: "dirtybryan" was his nick, so if you see him, be sure to answer his questions
[12:46pm] ardissone: and froodian stopped by over the weekend to send congrats on 1.6
[12:47pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else today?
[12:47pm] pinkerton: cool
[12:48pm] cl: has pyang been back at all since that first time?
[12:48pm] ardissone: no
[12:48pm] ardissone: i assume he'll work his way in slowly
[12:49pm] ardissone: (he wanted to help triage)
[12:49pm] cl: aptenergy from the forums, for those of you who weren't here when he stopped in
[12:50pm] pinkerton: cool
[12:50pm] cl: the recruiting continues ;)
[12:51pm] ardissone: ok then
[12:51pm] ardissone: last call for other things?
[12:52pm] ardissone: OK
[12:53pm] ardissone: everyone have a good week, and please work on your 1.6.1 or 2.0a1 bugs/reviews ;)
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox