Status Meetings:2008-05-07:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[02:14am] You were promoted to operator by chanserv.
[02:14am] You changed the topic to "http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2008-05-07:Agenda".
[11:02am] cl|zzz is now known as cl.
[11:37am] jeff joined the chat room.
[12:03pm] jeff was promoted to operator by you.
[12:03pm] delliott was promoted to operator by you.
[12:04pm] peeja joined the chat room.
[12:04pm] mento joined the chat room.
[12:04pm] mento was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:04pm] smorgan joined the chat room.
[12:04pm] peeja was promoted to operator by you.
[12:04pm] smorgan was promoted to operator by you.
[12:05pm] ardissone: expecting pink?
[12:07pm] smorgan: nope
[12:07pm] ardissone: ok then
[12:07pm] ardissone: everyone open your 1.6 or newer to XMLSearchPluginParserUnsupportedSearchURL
[12:07pm] ardissone: er
[12:07pm] ardissone: http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2008-05-07:Agenda
[12:07pm] smorgan: lol
[12:07pm] ss: Haha
[12:08pm] ardissone: apparently paste didn't take 
[12:08pm] cl: and on that note, murph should be showing up any time now 
[12:08pm] ardissone: ss, mento: boxset plan?
[12:08pm] mento: someone get us a mail server
[12:09pm] mento: that's all
[12:09pm] ardissone: that would make the tree red, for sure 
[12:09pm] mento: mhm
[12:09pm] ss: Mail server can be this week.
[12:09pm] mento: orange, anyway
[12:09pm] ardissone: er, right, orange
[12:09pm] ss: And I'll do the local backout with smokey later today.
[12:10pm] _kreeger joined the chat room.
[12:10pm] ardissone: core is getting ready to land more stuff that touches those files
[12:10pm] _kreeger was promoted to operator by you.
[12:10pm] ardissone: so we need to get to it asap
[12:11pm] ardissone: 1.6 is almost 4 weeks old now
[12:11pm] smorgan: Can we get a reduced testcase of what's dying posted?
[12:13pm] ss: Was that a me question?
[12:13pm] ss: I haven't looked at it yet.
[12:13pm] ss: I'll try and look today.
[12:13pm] ss: mento's looked at it.
[12:14pm] ardissone: nothing terribly new in Talkback
[12:15pm] ardissone: some random crashes in CHBrowserView
[12:15pm] ardissone: sam's been working on the load issues with the website
[12:15pm] ardissone: it's better, but we also aren't serving dynamic feeds again
[12:16pm] ss: We're going to try that again soon.
[12:16pm] ss: I have more confidence now.
[12:16pm] ardissone: we check for updates once a day, right?
[12:16pm] ss: Unless the user forces it, yeah.
[12:17pm] ardissone: for 1.6.1, i went ahead and landed murph's string change patch last night
[12:17pm] peeja left the chat room. (Quit: peeja)
[12:18pm] ardissone: since it blocks the other patch, and l10n needs to get on those
[12:18pm] ardissone: basically we have the Cmd-. patch to land, and muprh's other patch, and relnotes
[12:19pm] ardissone: but we're about half-a-week behind plan heere
[12:19pm] ardissone: anything else on 1.6.1?
[12:20pm] ardissone: 2.0
[12:21pm] ardissone: a1 is basically waiting on the security exception UI; I don't think we have other blockers
[12:21pm] ardissone: smorgan fixed one of the annoying focus bugs 
[12:22pm] smorgan: I started on the security stuff
[12:22pm] ardissone: (or has a patch for it that others agree fixes it)
[12:22pm] ardissone: feels for you 
[12:22pm] smorgan: Adding the exception is easy enough, but I'll need to wire stuff up through an IDL so we can call it from a button on the error page
[12:22pm] smorgan: a la AddSearchProvider
[12:23pm] ardissone: good thing you have experience 
[12:24pm] ardissone: murph seems not to want to come inside and play today
[12:24pm] ardissone: so no update on anti-phish that I know of
[12:24pm] ardissone: jeff: tab* update?
[12:24pm] ss: murph will be done in another two or three weeks.
[12:25pm] ardissone: hopefully the build stuff doesn't require much hackery to non-Camino makefiles
[12:25pm] jeff: oye, I had my MacBook HD fail the other day so I lost some work (not *too* much) but i'm slowly trying to get some work done on it.
[12:25pm] ardissone:
[12:26pm] jeff: but I will try to get some reviews done tonight
[12:26pm] jeff: is being a bad contributer 
[12:26pm] ardissone:
[12:27pm] ardissone: in other jump-up-and-down-kick-you-in-the-face news
[12:27pm] ardissone: we can now run Mochitests with Camino
[12:27pm] ardissone: sort-of
[12:27pm] ardissone: there are two tests that just sit and don't run
[12:28pm] ss: That doesn't seem useful. 
[12:28pm] ardissone: and Camino needs to be made to come to the front when launched
[12:28pm] ardissone: yeah, well now everyone can build with --enable-tests and debug 
[12:29pm] ardissone: i'll keep looking at those as I have some time
[12:29pm] ardissone: anything else on 2.0/trunk?
[12:31pm] ss: Nope
[12:32pm] ardissone: we've pretty much covered the new bits in the sad tinderbox story
[12:32pm] ardissone: pokes cl about CBSamplePane again
[12:32pm] ardissone: ss: meet-up update?
[12:32pm] ss: Yessir
[12:33pm] ss: We have a day!
[12:33pm] ss: We're going to meet the Saturday after WWDC
[12:33pm] jeff: where
[12:33pm] ss: In "the bay area"
[12:33pm] ardissone: which is?
[12:33pm] ss: Do people have preferences as to where?
[12:33pm] smorgan: 6/14
[12:33pm] ardissone: ty
[12:33pm] ss: ie.e., SF vs Mountain VIew?
[12:33pm] ss: i.e. even
[12:34pm] ss: I'm mainly asking smorgan and others who live in the valley, I htink.
[12:34pm] smorgan: votes against SF
[12:34pm] ss: We can do MoCo again or we can do something in the city since that's likely where many people will be for WWDC.
[12:34pm] ardissone: haha
[12:35pm] ss: Heh, alright. Let me find out this week.
[12:35pm] jeff: isn't that *just* smorgan who 'live in the valley'
[12:35pm] ss: Think so. ;)
[12:35pm] jeff: I'm fine with MoCo
[12:35pm] ss: Not sure where pink stays.
[12:35pm] ardissone: spirit of smfr? ;)
[12:35pm] ss: Yeah, you never know!
[12:35pm] ss: But yeah, please book your travel.
[12:36pm] ss: We'll figure out lodging when everyone's here. I can take quite a few.
[12:36pm] ss: And we'll have lunch that day and dinner that night.
[12:37pm] ss: If you have any questions, let me know.
[12:37pm] ss: I'll update the wiki today.
[12:38pm] ss: That's all I have.
[12:38pm] ardissone: anything else?
[12:40pm] ardissone: ok, everyone please do reviews and fix bugs, and have a good week
[12:41pm] jeff left the chat room.
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox