Status Meetings:2008-06-25:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[12:08pm] You were promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:09pm] You changed the topic to "http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2008-06-25:Agenda".
[12:09pm] cl|out was promoted to operator by you.
[12:09pm] murph was promoted to operator by you.
[12:09pm] peeja was promoted to operator by you.
[12:09pm] smorgan joined the chat room.
[12:09pm] mento joined the chat room.
[12:09pm] mento was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:09pm] smorgan was promoted to operator by you.
[12:10pm] ardissone: any pink today?
[12:10pm] smorgan: Not sure, but I would guess not
[12:10pm] ardissone: k
[12:11pm] ardissone: everyone please open your camino 1.6.1 or newer to http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2008-06-25:Agenda
[12:12pm] ardissone: i have some more 1.6.1 talkback analysis there
[12:12pm] ardissone: the number of places we're seeing random bits of Camino code fingered is a bit scary
[12:12pm] ardissone: also the crashes on startup
[12:13pm] ardissone: a few of the at-startup ones talkback has fingered [MainController checkForProblemAddOns]
[12:14pm] ardissone: i filed the realplayer crash from last week, and found that it's across the board, at least on PPC
[12:14pm] ardissone: i'll try to look at it again on 10.3.9, but if we have other PPCs out there, please try to crash
[12:14pm] ardissone: erm
[12:14pm] ardissone: where did that bug go?
[12:15pm] ardissone: anyway
[12:16pm] ardissone: if you get a chance, please have a look at some of the talback reports and see if those stacks seem useful
[12:16pm] ardissone: 1.6.2
[12:16pm] ardissone: mento's going to spin today
[12:16pm] mento: maybe
[12:16pm] mento: talkback
[12:16pm] mento: y'know
[12:16pm] ardissone: yeah, getting there
[12:16pm] ardissone: ss: did you put the talkback package on there yet?
[12:16pm] ardissone: i poked him last night
[12:17pm] ardissone: l10n just got notes yesterday around their bedtimes
[12:17pm] ardissone: so who knows if they'll be ready by week-end
[12:18pm] ardissone: we'll see
[12:18pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else on 1.6.2 or 1.6.x?
[12:20pm] ardissone: ok
[12:20pm] ardissone: 2.0a1
[12:20pm] ardissone: we need a target date
[12:20pm] smorgan: Sorry, I've been really busy
[12:21pm] ardissone: stupid day jobs 
[12:21pm] smorgan: But I'll try to get at least the basic exception UI in by the end of the week
[12:21pm] ardissone: k
[12:21pm] smorgan: er, week-end
[12:22pm] ardissone: do we know if andy's pushed the sparkle fixes yet?
[12:22pm] smorgan: I don't think he had last time I checked, but maybe I just can't read the new site
[12:22pm] smorgan: I'll check
[12:22pm] ardissone: k
[12:22pm] ardissone: since that was our other pseudo-blocker
[12:23pm] smorgan: We could always pull the last sparkle and apply my changes if necessary
[12:24pm] smorgan: But I'd rather not
[12:24pm] ardissone: mmm
[12:24pm] ardissone: yeah
[12:25pm] ardissone: murph posted a new patch last week, and it seems to work nicely; i left a few comments and bugs...
[12:26pm] murph: along that note, is it best I attempt to tackle the follow-ups right now or wait for the main blocker to get checked in?
[12:26pm] murph: I've been working on the browser window key view loop in the meantime, and I think I have that nailed right now 
[12:26pm] ardissone:
[12:27pm] ardissone: i suppose it depends on how much they depend on code that is likely to be changed in review?
[12:27pm] ardissone: also note that we'll have to fight 1.9.0.x on that bug
[12:27pm] ardissone: because of the little toolkit hunk
[12:28pm] ardissone: i'm not sure when 1.9.0.1 nominations will close
[12:28pm] ardissone: and 1.9.0.2 will open
[12:28pm] ardissone: not to add more pressure on smorgan 
[12:29pm] ardissone: just that it will probably have to sit and wait to land for a while once it has r and sr
[12:29pm] ardissone:
[12:29pm] kreeger joined the chat room.
[12:29pm] kreeger was promoted to operator by you.
[12:29pm] ardissone: anything that's relatively self-contained, like I think the site icon is, you can probably work on now
[12:30pm] ardissone: without too much worry
[12:30pm] smorgan: The makefile piece?
[12:30pm] ardissone: yeah
[12:30pm] smorgan: That could land without any of the rest, right?
[12:30pm] ardissone: actually, can we safely spliut that out?
[12:31pm] murph: ok, that sounds good, and I should actually be able to tackle most, including the information panel view, too without too much worry about the original patch
[12:31pm] ardissone: have mento give it a quick r
[12:31pm] ardissone: since it's just build-config
[12:31pm] ardissone: murph: just landing the makefile piece won't cause any problems, right?
[12:31pm] ardissone: we'll just build stuff that's not yet used/packed?
[12:32pm] murph: nope, it will just cause the url-clasifier to be built, and it'll just sit unused until the patch is ready
[12:32pm] ardissone: ok, good
[12:32pm] ardissone: can you spin that hunk separately, even as a separate bug to appease branch drivers
[12:33pm] murph: it won't even generate a component, just a static library that won't be placed anywhere
[12:33pm] murph: yea, sure.
[12:33pm] ardissone: and ask mento to r it real quick
[12:33pm] ardissone: (ask in channel; mento says we need to inform him in such ways if we need him for something)
[12:34pm] murph: ok.
[12:34pm] ardissone: then sam or i can handle the dog-and-pony show
[12:34pm] murph: hehe, ok 
[12:35pm] ardissone: someone else will need to do the checkin if approval doesn't come next few days, though
[12:35pm] ardissone: no jeff again
[12:35pm] murph left the chat room. (Connection reset by peer)
[12:35pm] murph_ joined the chat room.
[12:36pm] ardissone: anyone else have anything on 2.0/2.0a1?
[12:36pm] murph_ was promoted to operator by you.
[12:36pm] ardissone: [12:35pm] ardissone: someone else will need to do the checkin if approval doesn't come next few days, though
[12:37pm] ardissone: tinderboxen: sam got us branch builds over the week-end
[12:37pm] ardissone: no talkback yet 
[12:37pm] ardissone: so we can spin 1.6.2 on a 1.24 GHz G4 mini 
[12:38pm] ardissone: the Xserve is still in limbo
[12:38pm] ardissone: it's supposedly alive, but still waiting on IT to finish setup properly
[12:39pm] ardissone: so it might be back sometime
[12:39pm] ardissone: the r queue is getting to be a bit of a problem
[12:40pm] ardissone: in particular, cl has run out of reviewers who don't have one of his patches in their queues
[12:40pm] ardissone: and is starting to have lots of patch overlap given the bugs he feels he can fix
[12:41pm] ardissone: so we need to make an effort on the backlog in the r queue ;)
[12:41pm] ardissone: also
[12:42pm] ardissone: we need someone (or someones) to volunteer to do the meeting agendas, lead the meetings, and keep/post meeting logs in july
[12:42pm] ardissone: because i will be completely offline
[12:44pm] smorgan: can't commit to much of anything in July
[12:47pm] ardissone: maybe we can make sam do it again :P
[12:47pm] ardissone: or pry froodian away from his life-sucking job :P
[12:48pm] ardissone: anything have anyone else this week?
[12:51pm] ardissone: OK
[12:52pm] ardissone: everyone have a good week, and keep an eye on those queues ;)
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox