Status Meetings:2008-08-13:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[01:12am] You were promoted to operator by chanserv.
[01:13am] You changed the topic to "http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2008-08-13:Agenda".
[01:13am] cl|zzz was promoted to operator by you.
[01:13am] delliott was promoted to operator by you.
[06:47am] hendy joined the chat room.
[11:05am] murph joined the chat room.
[11:52am] cl|zzz is now known as cl.
[12:01pm] murph was promoted to operator by you.
[12:01pm] hendy was promoted to operator by you.
[12:02pm] smorgan joined the chat room.
[12:02pm] mento joined the chat room.
[12:02pm] mento was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:02pm] smorgan was promoted to operator by you.
[12:02pm] peeja joined the chat room.
[12:02pm] peeja was promoted to operator by you.
[12:02pm] ardissone: ok
[12:03pm] ardissone: everyone please open your camino to http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2008-08-13:Agenda
[12:03pm] ardissone: 1.6.3
[12:04pm] ardissone: everything seemed to go OK; i haven't heard of any issues
[12:05pm] ardissone: the 1passwd folks even eventually stopped by MU and VT to request all the 1P-related comment threads come to them with iusses
[12:05pm] ardissone: sam did have to wack the server a couple of times, but it generally seemed OK
[12:06pm] ardissone: i don't have any topcrash reports yet
[12:06pm] ardissone: but just going through the raw reports
[12:07pm] ardissone: we have the usual suspects, plus a fair number of comments about crashing on startup
[12:07pm] ardissone: some have the 1passwd signature
[12:08pm] ardissone: some are the same random ones from 1.6.1
[12:08pm] ardissone: 2 in -[MainController checkForProblemAddOns]() 
[12:09pm] ardissone: smorgan: does that mean there's a really problematic add-on?
[12:09pm] smorgan: Well that's unexpected
[12:10pm] cl: I'm glad it wasn't *expected*. 
[12:10pm] smorgan: I'm not sure what that means, but I wouldn't expect it to be because of an add-on necessarily
[12:10pm] ardissone: ok
[12:10pm] ardissone: because talkback sucks, i can't really search to see how often that's hit in the crashes that didn't have comments
[12:11pm] ardissone: i'll keep an eye out when i do a more thorough pass from the topcrash report
[12:13pm] ardissone: let me just remind everyone doing triage and support that we need to be diligent in asking if users have Input Managers installed up front
[12:13pm] ardissone: (e.g., 1passwd, which people won't know is an IM)
[12:13pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else about 1.6.3?
[12:15pm] ardissone: nothing yet on 1.6.4; the next Gecko is supposed to ship 3 Sep (3wks)
[12:15pm] ardissone: so we'll see
[12:16pm] ardissone: On to 2.0
[12:16pm] ardissone: we'd like to ship by the end of the month
[12:16pm] ardissone: i think we're now on-track to do so 
[12:16pm] ardissone: smorgan left us a present last night/this am 
[12:17pm] ardissone: murph: any updates from you?
[12:18pm] murph: not too much this week, I just got back home last night as I was away during the past week
[12:18pm] murph: but, I've already started readying the tab bar key loop patch
[12:18pm] murph: and will revisit the phishing bugs as soon as that's in
[12:19pm] ardissone: cool
[12:19pm] cl: I should have a patch for 411165 later today
[12:20pm] cl: and possibly 409679 too
[12:20pm] cl: and maybe 313079 as well.
[12:21pm] ardissone: someone needs to start reviewing cl patches 
[12:21pm] ardissone: jeff hasn't been around for a while, so no tab updates that i know of
[12:22pm] ardissone: the main 2.0 agenda item today is the content zoom items
[12:22pm] ardissone: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=389795 / http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/User:Sardisson/Content_Zoom_Scratchpad
[12:23pm] hendy: I have a patch that incorporates all the comments on the bug.
[12:23pm] ardissone: s/items/item names/
[12:23pm] hendy: Just waiting for the names...
[12:23pm] ardissone: smorgan: did you find anything in aperture or iphoto?
[12:23pm] smorgan: Turns out iPhoto and Aperture don't have any Zoom In/Zoom Out items, surprisingly
[12:23pm] smorgan: Aperture has "Zoom to Actual Size" though
[12:23pm] ardissone: yeah, i looked in iPhoto and failed
[12:23pm] smorgan: iPhoto has an unlabeled slider 
[12:23pm] ardissone: yeah
[12:24pm] smorgan: I think "Zoom In" "Zoom Out" and "Actual Size" are clearest
[12:24pm] smorgan: Lots of menu items aren't verbs, so that doesn't bother me
[12:24pm] ardissone: they happen to match Preview, which is a plus
[12:25pm] hendy: How about 'Enlarge Page' and 'Shrink Page'? Sort of a photocopier metaphor
[12:27pm] smorgan: Dragging the window enlarges and shrinks a lot of pages
[12:27pm] ardissone: "page" alone bothers me because page = window in lots of behavior
[12:27pm] smorgan: I think the fact that we all refer to the feature as content zoom is telling
[12:28pm] smorgan: If we all call it zoom, clearly that's what we think of it as
[12:28pm] smorgan: So why not just call it that in the UI?
[12:29pm] ardissone: i'm ok with that for the menu and the toolbar buttons
[12:29pm] ardissone: since everything else i came up with was a bit unwieldy, and we have Preview
[12:30pm] ardissone: smorgan: what were you thinking for the button tooltips?
[12:30pm] smorgan: 2 works for me
[12:31pm] ardissone: ok
[12:31pm] hendy: Is someone working on proper toolbar buttons? The ones I made for my patch aren't release-worthy.
[12:31pm] ardissone: hendy: we should file a follow-up bug
[12:31pm] ardissone: we need one for tabsposé, too, that i know of
[12:31pm] ardissone: (it's filed)
[12:32pm] ardissone: they looked OK-for-nightly/alpha to me, but i didn't look closely
[12:33pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else on the content zoom bug or its item labels?
[12:35pm] ardissone: ok, for the record, we'll go with zoom in/out for the toolbar buttons, Enlarge/shrink the content on this page for the tooltips, and zoom in/out and actual size for the menu
[12:36pm] cl: that sounds good to me
[12:36pm] hendy: i'll put a patch together
[12:36pm] ardissone: thanks so much for working on this, hendy 
[12:37pm] ardissone: and for bearing with our slow movement this summer
[12:37pm] hendy: no prob
[12:37pm] cl: hehe
[12:37pm] hendy: it's about the same speed as mine, don't worry
[12:38pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else on 2.0a1 or 2.0?
[12:38pm] smorgan: I'll get to murph's review asap
[12:38pm] ardissone: i'll look at yours tonight, i hope
[12:39pm] murph: cool, thanks!  I'll stay tuned :)
[12:41pm] ardissone: plays broken record
[12:42pm] ardissone: we did have some movement in the queues last week
[12:42pm] ardissone: but the net result is that it looks like there was none
[12:43pm] ardissone: so please check your queue and try to tackle some reviews this week
[12:43pm] ardissone: everyone pretty much has one from cl :P
[12:43pm] cl: and everyone is about to get another :P
[12:44pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else?
[12:46pm] ardissone: ok then
[12:47pm] ardissone: everyone have a good week and watch those queues :)
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox