From Camino Wiki
Wed 27 Aug 9am PDT (17:00 GMT/UTC) in #camino-mtg
- Camino 1.6.3
- Released three weeks ago Thursday; nothing bad so far
- Website held up pretty well (used static feed files again), though ss had to do some finagling
- Talkback (all 1.6.3 crashes — 1247 so far)
- #1/4 is libSystem.B.dylib - presumably a large degree are 1passwd in addition to plug-ins; some are definitely 10.3.9
- #2 is Flash
- #3 is Core crash-on-quit (Bug 349463)
- #5 is Cocoa - more random bits of Camino code + old 1passwd signature on 10.5
- Cleaning up stuff from the website; file bugs against Product Site if you see anything.
- Need to be more diligent about asking about IMs up-front: "I have problem x" "Do you have any input managers installed (e.g., 1Password)?" (We'll have to specifically mention 1Password, since people mostly don't know how it's implemented)
- Be very careful asking people to test trunk nightlies, since they do irreversible profile damage.
- Camino 1.6.4
- We've collected a half-dozen or so fixes; everything that's done is landed
- Relnotes awaiting mento
- 184.108.40.206 set to release Sept 11 (code freeze was last night)
- Will be updating the F4M and Flash known issues (point to fixed beta/RC versions) and adding a new issue about 1passwd (among other things, it seems persistently incompatible on PPC, and not just on 10.4 if our Talkback stack analysis can be trusted)
- Camino 2.0
- Rough scoping doc at Development:Planning:Camino 2.0
- Stuart's started triaging the 2.0 list (3 criteria: regressions, make life better now, someone working on it)
- Target date for Camino 2.0a1 is end of this month; probably slipping actual release to early Sept
- Security exceptions: some UI changes involved
- Anti-phishing: Core patch landed; initial r+ with comments. Many follow-up bugs on file
- Keyboard loop - Håkan can't review the big patch, perhaps can do the smaller one
- Tabsposé update - need to assign this if Jeff's staying MIA
- Tab dragging?
- Full content zoom - Need someone to do a 10.4/IB2.5.4 nib; this should make a1
- cb-x1 back to life (but reporting with .local hostname); resurrection also fixed the Ts anomaly
- cb-minimaya and cb-minibinus have both gone missing yet again
- boxset stopped reporting to tinderbox almost 5 months ago; Sam working on new mail server - Bug 425138
- cb-miniosx01 has Ts disabled due to paging/low installed RAM
- Dev docs
- cl rev'ed CBSamplePane; can't build branch-compatible pane using trunk files, other prefs window bugs
- Weekly Bugs and Queues update
- smorgan and pink are keeping the sr queue pretty empty, but the r queue remains pretty full.
Specific bugs that need action
- See 2.0a1? list
- Cocoa widgets still pretty scary; there are a number of regressions we'll be stuck with
- Security UI cleanup
- More toolbar icons coming?
Other (if there's time)
- 10.5 Visual UX
- cl's buglist
- Bug 175748 - Need mechanism for creating new blank bookmarks
- Bug 313079 - Control characters in bookmark titles cause strange visual effects
- Bug 318931 - History/Bookmarks title changes but URL doesn't (maybe fixed by patch on Bug 438256?)
- Bug 363664 - When right clicking on folder "Bookmark Info" should read "Folder Info"
- xpfe cleanup
- Bug 389140 gets us using the right theme files; needs r=mento
- Bug 428333 license.html; needs r=mento
- stefanh has a "build finishes, crashes on startup" MOZ_XUL_APP patch
[4:16pm] stefanh: "<Standard8>stefanh, so, my guess is you need to implement something like http://mxr.mozilla.org/seamonkey/source/suite/app/ (nsSuiteApp.cpp, application.ini, Makefile.in) somewhere in camino"
[4:16pm] stefanh: "stefanh, when you flip the flags, the main things that'll affect you immediately are the startup code, command line handlers and possibly alerts
[4:16pm] stefanh: stefanh, so xpfe/components/startup/ -> toolkit/components/commandlines toolkit/components/startup etc"
[4:17pm] stefanh: ardissone|ish: feel free to play with the code :P
- Bugs targeted at 2.0 (50) [+1 since last week]
- Blocking ? (3) [+1 since last week] (bugs not on the 2.0 list that need evaluation)
- Blocking + (1) [unchanged]
- Blocking - (0) [unchanged]
- Bugs without target (618) [+1 since last week]
- Bugs fixed since last meeting (1) [-3 since last week]