Status Meetings:2008-08-27:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[02:14am] You were promoted to operator by chanserv.
[02:14am] You changed the topic to "http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2008-08-27:Agenda".
[02:14am] cl|zzz was promoted to operator by you.
[11:53am] smorgan joined the chat room.
[12:01pm] smorgan was promoted to operator by cl|zzz.
[12:02pm] mento joined the chat room.
[12:02pm] mento was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:11pm] ardissone: ok, hopefully murph, peeja, and hendy will join us at some point 
[12:12pm] ardissone: everyone please open your Camino to bug http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2008-08-27:Agenda
[12:12pm] murph joined the chat room.
[12:12pm] murph was promoted to operator by you.
[12:13pm] ardissone: no new bad news on 1.6.3 as far as i'm aware
[12:13pm] ardissone: i pulled two crashes out of the libSystem.B crashes
[12:13pm] ardissone: http://talkback-public.mozilla.org/search/start.jsp?search=2&type=iid&id=48869624
[12:14pm] ardissone: i'm not sure if that might be real or if it might be 1passwd
[12:14pm] smorgan: looks...
[12:14pm] ardissone: i certainly haven't had any crashes on 10.3.9 trying to fill in forms
[12:15pm] ardissone: but that might be a corrupt keychain?
[12:15pm] ardissone: but there are other 10.3.9 libSystemB crashes that are clearly 1passwd ones
[12:17pm] ardissone: http://talkback-public.mozilla.org/search/start.jsp?search=2&type=iid&id=48813560 is the other common 10.3.9 libSystemB crash I saw; it looked scary because of NSS, but maybe it's not
[12:18pm] smorgan: doesn't see how that keychain line could crash
[12:18pm] smorgan: stomped memory, maybe
[12:18pm] smorgan: Not a Keychain problem
[12:19pm] ardissone: heh
[12:20pm] smorgan: A bug somewhere in password updating if it's in our code
[12:20pm] smorgan: (not a Keychain problem meaning not damage to the actual keychain)
[12:21pm] ardissone: but no real way to tell what it is from just the stack?
[12:22pm] smorgan: Somehow the string storing the password for a KeychainItem was an invalid object
[12:23pm] smorgan: Hm, but if it were bad when we tried to set it, that would have crashed earlier
[12:23pm] smorgan: You could file a bug and I can investigate further
[12:23pm] ardissone: ok
[12:24pm] ardissone: anyway, while the bulk of the 1passwd-related crashes were on 10.4.11, there were sufficient numbers on 10.3.9 and 10.5.4 that we either have people with old, old versions crashing there, or their current crash is not confined to 10.4.11
[12:25pm] ardissone: or we have a major new crasher that happens to crash in the exact same functions as 1passwd used to 
[12:26pm] ardissone: given the lack of noise to indicate the latter, i continue to favor the former theory 
[12:26pm] ardissone: on 1.6.4, we're almost ready to go
[12:26pm] ardissone: Gecko supposedly froze last night
[12:26pm] smorgan: Roustem told me they will be switching to strict version checks, by the way
[12:26pm] ardissone: yay?
[12:26pm] smorgan: (with a hidden pref or similar to enable nightlies)
[12:27pm] smorgan: Yes, that would mean no more "it worked in Camino 1.0 but horribly breaks 1.5 because 1.5 didn't exist when it was written" type bugs
[12:28pm] ardissone: mmm
[12:28pm] ardissone: yay!
[12:29pm] ardissone: all of our bugs for 1.6.4 that were done were landed
[12:29pm] ardissone: the only thing we really had on the list that wasn't done was warn about CamiTools
[12:30pm] ardissone: hopefully me + davedit parroting the post on pimpmycamino will alleviate the current CamiTools crashes until we get that warning in
[12:31pm] ardissone: mento: when you get 10mins or so, we need to do the relnotes for 1.6.4 so we can get them to l10n
[12:32pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else on 1.6.x?
[12:33pm] ardissone: 2.0
[12:33pm] ardissone: we're going to try and finish a1 up in the next week or so and look to ship mid-Sept
[12:34pm] ardissone: smorgan is working on my comments on the security UI
[12:35pm] ardissone: murph: any updates on anti-phishing stuff?
[12:36pm] murph: I'm still waiting to hear back from Google about the agreement to go ahead with using it...
[12:37pm] murph: I'm could try the other contact I have on their security team, instead of emailing the general request address.
[12:37pm] murph: We could always comment out MainController's setUpSafeBrowsing to at least land it,
[12:38pm] murph: but, in the meantime, I'll get moving on the follow up bugs, starting with that today.
[12:38pm] murph: s/I'm/I
[12:38pm] ardissone: my thought is, if it's nto likely to bitrot much
[12:38pm] ardissone: to leave it out, since that's easier than pulling it out if they say no
[12:39pm] murph: yeah, good approach, it shouldn't get very out of sync waiting
[12:40pm] ardissone: having had the pleasure of backing out multiple accounts 2x 
[12:40pm] ardissone: smorgan: any thoughts on the contact part?
[12:41pm] smorgan: No idea
[12:42pm] ardissone: my thought is wait at least another week to let the wheels of bureaucracy turn before trying to escalate
[12:42pm] ardissone: ...and keyboard loop
[12:42pm] murph: ok, that sounds fine to me 
[12:43pm] ardissone: can the two smaller patches be reviewed independently of the huge one, i.e. do they really depend on it, or no?
[12:45pm] ardissone: i did a bit of testing with the tab bar one this weekend
[12:45pm] murph: they basically just need the BrowserWindow.nib from the large bug to know where focus should transfer to after
[12:45pm] ardissone: and it worked nicely with the exception of places where interaction with the content view occurred
[12:46pm] ardissone: but that nib doesn't necessarily depend on the code in the huge bug?
[12:46pm] murph: no, that can actually be broken out now that you mention it
[12:47pm] ardissone: ok
[12:48pm] murph: I can file and submit that under a more basic "implement manual key view loop in BrowserWindow.nib" bug.
[12:48pm] ardissone: does that make sense?
[12:48pm] ardissone: i mean, can you tell it does anything without code changes?
[12:49pm] ardissone: if not, we should just land it with the first of 3 that's ready, i think
[12:50pm] murph: ok, lets do that, because it will probably only make things worse without the support of the other 3
[12:50pm] ardissone: ok
[12:51pm] ardissone: let's see about getting someone other than stuart to look at the two smaller ones
[12:52pm] ardissone: cl|zzz i think was going to look at the tab bar and see if he felt comfortable reviewing it
[12:53pm] murph: alright, I'll be ready to address anything on it 
[12:53pm] ardissone:
[12:53pm] ardissone: smorgan: should Eiichi's nib on the content zoom be OK (i.e., is resaving on 10.4 enough)?
[12:54pm] smorgan: I thought you tried that before and it wasn't enough, but I don't remember for sure
[12:54pm] ardissone: no, i never tried 10.4
[12:54pm] ardissone: i did on 10.3; you made the 10.4 nib
[12:54pm] smorgan: I guess landing it is the only way to know then
[12:55pm] ardissone: ok
[12:55pm] smorgan: Since we don't really know what's wrong in the first place
[12:55pm] ardissone: hehe
[12:55pm] ardissone: does anyone besides smorgan have any sort of access to a 10.4 dev environment?
[12:56pm] ardissone: just for reference?
[12:57pm] ardissone: i'll land content zoom today when i can watch the #s with Eiichi's nib
[12:58pm] ardissone: has anyone heard from jeff in the last month or so?
[1:00pm] ardissone: if he remains missing, we'll need to get "finish tabsposé" in someone else's queue for 2.0
[1:00pm] ardissone: and speaking of leaving, sam's leaving on Friday and is gone all of september
[1:02pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else this week?
[1:03pm] smorgan: Can we still release 1.6.4?
[1:03pm] smorgan: isn't sure of the bread truck factor of all the site stuff
[1:03pm] ardissone: assuming we can spring mento
[1:03pm] ardissone: yes, we're covered
[1:04pm] ardissone: if there's something i can't do, issac (sam's sysadmin) will fill in for sam
[1:06pm] ardissone: anything else?
[1:07pm] cl|zzz is now known as cl.
[1:09pm] ardissone: ok, everyone have a good week and work on those reviews! :P
[1:09pm] cl: ardissone: I don't have access to 10.4 at the moment, but one of these days I may be getting a new machine and set something up on my old one just for grins.
[1:09pm] cl: buying a new laptop has been on my long-term to-do list for about a year now
[1:09pm] ardissone: cl: we should race, and see if i get an external HD before you get a new laptop :P
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox