Status Meetings:2008-09-17:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[12:10pm] pinkerton joined the chat room.
[12:10pm] hendy was promoted to operator by you.
[12:10pm] pinkerton was promoted to operator by you.
[12:10pm] peeja_ joined the chat room.
[12:10pm] murph joined the chat room.
[12:10pm] smorgan joined the chat room.
[12:10pm] smorgan was promoted to operator by you.
[12:11pm] murph was promoted to operator by you.
[12:11pm] ardissone: ouch
[12:11pm] ardissone: lag-city
[12:11pm] peeja_ was promoted to operator by you.
[12:11pm] ardissone: ok, everyone open your camino to http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2008-09-17:Agenda
[12:12pm] ardissone: the good news about 1.6.3 is that the crashes have remained more or less the same
[12:12pm] ardissone: the bad news is that we still know nothing useful about them
[12:13pm] ardissone: the most common ones still seem to have tell-tale signs of 1passwd
[12:14pm] ardissone: so we just have to hope 1passwd fixes their bug, or that people give up on it, instead of yelling at us 
[12:14pm] ardissone: on the 1.6.4 front, we've spun, and we have an ML build that should be good
[12:15pm] ardissone: i have to verify that marcello made the changes i asked for, but otherwise
[12:15pm] ardissone: the Gecko release yesterday didn't happen
[12:15pm] ardissone: so i'll try to find out when it's rescheduled for
[12:16pm] ardissone: we'll be adding Catalan this release 
[12:16pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else on 1.6.x?
[12:18pm] ardissone: ok
[12:18pm] ardissone: 2.0
[12:18pm] ardissone: i wrote last week that we should try to freeze today for a1
[12:18pm] ardissone: we're shy of the patches we need yet, though
[12:19pm] ardissone: the big blocker is the huge toolbar loop patch
[12:19pm] kreeger joined the chat room.
[12:19pm] kreeger was promoted to operator by you.
[12:19pm] ardissone: which means "when pink can sit down with a huge patch" i guess
[12:20pm] ardissone: pinkerton: ^^^
[12:20pm] smorgan: It's actually not that huge
[12:20pm] pinkerton: i'm swamped with perf for the next couple of days. friday maybe?
[12:20pm] ardissone: deceivingly small 
[12:20pm] ardissone: k
[12:21pm] pinkerton: rs=hyatt 
[12:21pm] ardissone: once that has sr, we can land it, freeze, and wait a few days to spin to make sure no-one missed anything
[12:21pm] ardissone: haha
[12:21pm] ardissone: smorgan: will you have time to tree-sit your patches soon-ish, or would you like me to land them?
[12:21pm] smorgan: I can see about doing a Sparkle refresh before then, maybe
[12:22pm] ardissone: is assuming setHidden can go in independently of the loop
[12:22pm] smorgan: I'm landing one now, I need to think about pinks comment in the other
[12:22pm] ardissone: k
[12:22pm] ardissone: nice
[12:22pm] ardissone: sparkle refresh would be good, too
[12:22pm] smorgan: The race condition there can probably happen (super-rarely), and would likely be bad
[12:22pm] ardissone: mm
[12:23pm] smorgan: I'm hoping it's an easy fix
[12:23pm] ardissone:
[12:24pm] ardissone: so, let's aim to freeze Friday or maybe Monday, depending on pink's sr schedule
[12:24pm] pinkerton: k
[12:24pm] pinkerton: it's on my todo list
[12:24pm] ardissone: we have a handful of other patches in-process; if they make it, great; if not, they wait until after the freeze
[12:25pm] ardissone:
[12:25pm] ardissone: i think that covers the loop section
[12:26pm] ardissone: anything more we should know about it or tabsposé?
[12:26pm] smorgan: We need an icon?
[12:27pm] ardissone: for the toolbar
[12:27pm] ardissone: like bookmarks and history
[12:27pm] smorgan: Also, we should see how much remaining bugs like the URL bar actually matter, and think about at least putting in a menu item now
[12:27pm] smorgan: yah
[12:28pm] ardissone: people like to click on toolbar icons, i'm told
[12:28pm] ardissone: ok
[12:28pm] smorgan: It would be nice to start getting exposure on the feature
[12:28pm] ardissone: it was going to be one of the highlighted features on the preview page regardless
[12:28pm] smorgan: I just don't remember offhand what kind of state you can get into with the text fields
[12:29pm] smorgan: I'll look into it
[12:29pm] ardissone: switches hats with smorgan and reminds us that we don't want to keep pushing the alpha out 
[12:29pm] pinkerton: yeah, we can/should alpha w/out an icon 
[12:29pm] smorgan: I meant 'in a race with pink' kind of way
[12:30pm] ardissone: ok
[12:30pm] ardissone: next up, tab dragging
[12:30pm] ardissone: murph: any news from you?
[12:31pm] murph: i actually think that it's possible for me to have patch in by the end of the week...
[12:32pm] ardissone: nice
[12:32pm] murph: i was able to work around the overlapping view problem...
[12:33pm] murph: as I mentioned the other day, I'm aiming to implement dragging within the window first
[12:34pm] murph: since the ability to drag off of the tab bar, and to other windows, introduces other behavior that we can tackle in the future
[12:34pm] ardissone: we'll want to try and land that as soon after the freeze as possible, so we can get lots of nightly testing pre-b1
[12:34pm] murph: so, I'll keep working at it, and will try my hardest to submit something late this week, or early next
[12:34pm] ardissone: sounds good
[12:35pm] ardissone: anything else specifically on 2.0/a1?
[12:38pm] ardissone: ok
[12:38pm] ardissone: cl fixed the big bug with CBSamplePane, so now he has to fix review co mments, and we'll be in shape to ship prefPane docs for 2.0 
[12:39pm] ardissone: so
[12:39pm] ardissone: Bug 427433 - Cmd-T should always open a new tab
[12:39pm] ardissone: hendy has a patch for this
[12:40pm] ardissone: we should discuss if we want to confirm the bug
[12:40pm] ardissone: it's p-safari
[12:40pm] ardissone: er
[12:40pm] smorgan: I'm fine with it working everywhere
[12:40pm] ardissone: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=427433
[12:41pm] ardissone: safari+john gruber finally wore me down
[12:41pm] ardissone: pinkerton: ok with you?
[12:41pm] pinkerton: looks
[12:43pm] pinkerton: seems reasonable to me
[12:43pm] pinkerton: cmd-n always works
[12:43pm] ardissone: cmd-n also doesn't require an existing container, but anyway ;)
[12:43pm] pinkerton: seems like cmd-t should always work as well
[12:44pm] pinkerton: does cmd-t work when there are no windows open? it should if it doesn't
[12:44pm] ardissone: i don't think so, but i'm not sure
[12:44pm] pinkerton: i can't test, i have perf windows open
[12:44pm] hendy: yes, it does
[12:45pm] hendy: (with my patch)
[12:45pm] pinkerton: what does it do now, w/out it?
[12:46pm] pinkerton: i guess it doesn't really matter, i think we want this behavior
[12:46pm] ardissone: yes, it does now, too
[12:46pm] ardissone: i was wrong
[12:46pm] ardissone: so yeah
[12:47pm] ardissone: ok, someone go review hendy's patch now ;)
[12:47pm] ardissone: hendy's also created a page on the wiki about fullscreen
[12:47pm] ardissone: http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/User:Hendy:FullScreen
[12:48pm] ardissone: i think probably we should read it over and discuss next week, rather than read and discuss right now
[12:51pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else?
[12:54pm] pinkerton: nope
[12:54pm] ardissone: ok, then; everyone work on your review queues, your 2.0a1 and 2.0 bugs, and have a good week!
[12:55pm] pinkerton: l8r all
[12:55pm] pinkerton: back to perf
[12:55pm] ardissone: have fun!
[12:55pm] pinkerton left the chat room.
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox