Status Meetings:2008-09-24:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[11:56am] You were promoted to operator by chanserv.
[11:57am] You changed the topic to "http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2008-09-24:Agenda".
[11:59am] cl was promoted to operator by you.
[11:59am] delliott was promoted to operator by you.
[11:59am] hendy_ was promoted to operator by you.
[11:59am] isaac was promoted to operator by you.
[11:59am] jeff was promoted to operator by you.
[12:00pm] murph was promoted to operator by you.
[12:00pm] peeja was promoted to operator by you.
[12:00pm] kreeger joined the chat room.
[12:01pm] kreeger was promoted to operator by you.
[12:01pm] smorgan joined the chat room.
[12:02pm] smorgan was promoted to operator by you.
[12:02pm] ardissone: waiting on those other two
[12:10pm] cl left the chat room. (Ping timeout)
[12:10pm] cl joined the chat room.
[12:10pm] cl was promoted to operator by you.
[12:10pm] ardissone: ok
[12:10pm] ardissone: well
[12:11pm] cl: i have less-than-reliable internets and i'm about to go for a run, but i'm sort of here.
[12:11pm] ardissone: hopefully those two will return to their computers soon and will see the big modal "join me" dialogue 
[12:12pm] ardissone: the big news is of course we finally got 1.6.4 out yesterday
[12:12pm] ardissone: and even better, the website is running fine
[12:12pm] ardissone: knocks on wood
[12:12pm] ardissone: props to isaac 
[12:13pm] ardissone: no crashes so far, which is always nice to see the morning after
[12:13pm] ardissone: first post in our 1.6.4 thread on the forum: "Just joined the Mac world and downloaded this. So far so good and it looks great. Thanks....."
[12:14pm] cl: good comments (!) on macupdate too
[12:14pm] ardissone: oh, i forgot to look at the update sites
[12:14pm] ardissone: i also forgot yesterday was tuesday, so
[12:15pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else on 1.6.x?
[12:15pm] hendy_: 1.6.4 is a New Hot Pick on Macupdate
[12:15pm] ardissone: we also added catalan to the ML, in case you missed that
[12:15pm] ardissone: nice 
[12:17pm] ardissone: on to 2.0 land
[12:17pm] cl is now known as cl|run.
[12:17pm] ardissone: is looking for that freeze
[12:17pm] ardissone: smorgan: do you want to comment in those two Core bugs?
[12:18pm] ardissone: and you'll land the spellchecker one soon-ish perhaps?
[12:18pm] smorgan: I pinged josh yesterday, and he said approvals are just going really slowly at the moment
[12:18pm] smorgan: I can try to land spellcheck today maybe
[12:18pm] ardissone: k
[12:18pm] smorgan: If you have time at any point, feel free though
[12:18pm] ardissone: ok
[12:18pm] smorgan: We should fix the tabbing crash for a1, presumably
[12:19pm] ardissone: yeah
[12:19pm] ardissone: murph: have you been looking at that?
[12:19pm] murph: ardissone: yeah, I can take care of that.
[12:19pm] smorgan: and I'll poke pink about sr for Sparkle
[12:20pm] smorgan: (and the tabspose menu)
[12:20pm] ardissone: and tabsposé
[12:20pm] smorgan: Can we call it frozen beyond those things?
[12:20pm] smorgan: Or was there anything else pressing?
[12:20pm] ardissone: i'd like to solve the AppleScript bug
[12:20pm] ardissone: either back out the old patch or land the new one
[12:21pm] smorgan: I'm going to test that on 10.5 tonight, then I can sr if it works
[12:21pm] ardissone: ok
[12:22pm] smorgan: Then we can freeze and bake for about a week maybe
[12:23pm] smorgan: Maybe less, depending on how the timing of landings works out
[12:24pm] ardissone: ok
[12:24pm] smorgan: I'm all for getting it out soon, I just don't want to have to do a2 the next day 
[12:25pm] ardissone: right
[12:25pm] ardissone: is nearly released-out at this point 
[12:26pm] ardissone: ok
[12:26pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else that's desperate for a1?
[12:27pm] ardissone: the good news about the keyboard loop is that it fixed a dozen bugs, some dating back 6 years
[12:28pm] ardissone: the not-as-good news is that we've filed about a half-dozen new ones
[12:28pm] ardissone: including the crasher
[12:29pm] ardissone: but it's forward progress 
[12:29pm] smorgan: But several are things that didn't work reliably before, so that's not bad
[12:29pm] ardissone: yeah
[12:29pm] ardissone: and a couple are just "oh, we need to hook foo up, too"
[12:29pm] smorgan: When nothing worked, the edge cases weren't filed 
[12:29pm] ardissone: hehe
[12:30pm] ardissone: tabsposé, stuart's got a patch to add it to the menu
[12:30pm] ardissone: jeff was working on some hover code?
[12:31pm] peeja: um, guys?
[12:31pm] ardissone: and thinking about icons
[12:31pm] ardissone: peeja: ?
[12:31pm] peeja: oh, sorry wrong guys... 
[12:31pm] peeja: carry on
[12:31pm] ardissone:
[12:32pm] ardissone: tab dragging
[12:32pm] ardissone: murph: any update on that, or did you switch back to the keyboard stuff?
[12:33pm] murph: the keyboard follow ups did slow me down, but I have picked back up the dragging so far this week...
[12:33pm] murph: I am going to fix that crasher right away though, so I'm switching back and forth
[12:34pm] kreeger left the chat room. (Quit: kreeger)
[12:34pm] jeff: yea I am trying to work on some hover stuff and fixing my tabspose bugs
[12:34pm] jeff: having a highlight in the background like the dock stacks
[12:35pm] mento joined the chat room.
[12:35pm] mento was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:35pm] ardissone: all hail the release-master 
[12:35pm] murph: any idea as to what a cut-off date would be for the tab dragging patch to make it into the next release?
[12:35pm] ardissone: i haven't thought that far ahead
[12:36pm] smorgan: We're going to have to try harder to keep b1 fast, so... "soon" 
[12:36pm] ardissone: yeah
[12:37pm] mento: i only have one agenda item for today
[12:37pm] murph: ok! 
[12:37pm] mento: i'm a pilot
[12:37pm] ardissone: though i expect we'll do a b2 for l10n freeze
[12:37pm] ardissone: congrats!
[12:37pm] mento: thanks
[12:37pm] ardissone: the other pilot is out running atm 
[12:37pm] smorgan: Can you pilot us through breakpad integration? 
[12:37pm] ardissone:
[12:37pm] mento: smorgan: perhaps...
[12:38pm] mento: short on time these days
[12:38pm] smorgan: pshhh
[12:38pm] ardissone: it's like SearchCo has some big new project or something
[12:38pm] mento: cat's out of the bag 
[12:39pm] ardissone: has anyone seen pink?
[12:39pm] mento: yeah, he's gone til 1or so
[12:39pm] ardissone: we're at the point on the agenda for fullscreen discussions
[12:39pm] ardissone: crud
[12:40pm] ardissone: hendy_: mind getting up in the middle of the night again next week, so we can have pink?
[12:40pm] hendy_: i'm fine with that
[12:40pm] ardissone: and just telling us now your general status?
[12:41pm] hendy_: i've got it working quite well.
[12:41pm] hendy_: just one mode, with a hidden pref to keep chrome
[12:41pm] hendy_: got a bezel with back/fwd, tabspose and exit full screen
[12:42pm] hendy_: need to change mouse tracking for it
[12:42pm] hendy_: and make the whole thing a bit more bulletproof
[12:42pm] hendy_: and look into gecko key event stuff, to see if i can get Esc to work
[12:43pm] ardissone: as a reminder, the wiki page is http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/User:Hendy:FullScreen
[12:43pm] hendy_: the bezel is from the Skim project, is BSD licensed
[12:44pm] ardissone: (i'll try to remember next tuesday to remind everyone to read it before the meeting  )
[12:44pm] hendy_: it's all encapsulated in an h and an m
[12:45pm] ardissone: sounds good; i look forward to doing the about:license dance again 
[12:46pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else about 2.0 or a1?
[12:46pm] smorgan: restrains himself
[12:47pm] hendy_: I have the New Tab bug and UTF-8 decoding bug, both in sr, but they may not qualify
[12:48pm] ardissone: i think it the srs want to sr other things, i'll try to land them, but i expect they'll just be sring "blockers"
[12:49pm] smorgan: I'm not sure what my time will be like in the next few days; we'll see
[12:49pm] ardissone: can we shoot for Friday for having sparkle, tabsposé menu, and the tabbing crash landed?
[12:50pm] smorgan: Up to murph, probably
[12:50pm] murph: ardissone: yes, I can have the crasher fixed by then
[12:50pm] ardissone: ok, good
[12:50pm] murph: I just might have it solved right now, actually 
[12:51pm] ardissone: we'll try to give it priority through the queues
[12:51pm] ardissone: so let's aim to freeze sometime friday, monday at latest
[12:52pm] ardissone: i'll get the relnotes ready this weekend, i hope
[12:52pm] ardissone: then end of next week we'll spin the build, Captain Mento permitting
[12:52pm] mento: roger
[12:53pm] ardissone: OK
[12:53pm] ardissone: cl|run: will you look at addressing the old review comments on CBSamplePane?
[12:54pm] ardissone: anyone else have anything else?
[12:54pm] hendy_: i have a couple of bugs
[12:54pm] ardissone: go for it
[12:54pm] hendy_: should i have a look at bug 228840 ?
[12:55pm] thebot joined the chat room.
[12:55pm] ardissone: thebot: bug 228840
[12:55pm] thebot: ardissone: Bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=228840 enh, --, ---, nobody@mozilla.org, NEW, [patch] Bookmarks toolbar - Middle-click should open bookmark in new tab
[12:55pm] hendy_: as in, do what comment 50 suggests
[12:55pm] smorgan: That would be great
[12:55pm] ardissone:
[12:55pm] hendy_: ok
[12:56pm] ardissone: you will be a hero to millions of users
[12:56pm] smorgan: I've been meaning to see if I could quickly clean up hwaara's version, but hadn't gotten to it
[12:56pm] hendy_: and bug 175470
[12:56pm] thebot: hendy_: Bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=175470 enh, P3, Future, markus.magnuson@gmail.com, NEW, Display pop-up menu on window title bar showing parent directories (path)
[12:56pm] ardissone: well, at least a couple thousand 
[12:56pm] hendy_: would i be able to work on this one?
[12:56pm] ardissone: yeah, i don't think markus is going to pick it back up
[12:57pm] ardissone: Wevah never got back to me, btw
[12:57pm] hendy_: that's ok, i think i can hack a 10.4 version together
[12:58pm] ardissone: worst-case, we can do it 10.5 only, but it'd be nice to match safari if we could do nicely
[12:58pm] hendy_: ok, that's all i had
[12:58pm] ardissone: :)
[12:58pm] ardissone: heh
[12:58pm] hendy_: pinks here, btw
[12:59pm] ardissone: pink was sring instead of meeting :P
[12:59pm] thebot: Mozilla-l10n: 'MacOSX 10.4 comm-central l10n thunderbird' has changed state from Burning to Success.
[12:59pm] You kicked thebot from the chat room. (no useless news)
[1:00pm] ardissone: ok, anything else?
[1:01pm] ardissone: just a reminder to please try to keep the r-queue moving; we have a shortage of reviewers and an abundance of patches ;)
[1:02pm] ardissone: so everyone have a good week, look forward to the first freeze, and keep on rolling! :)
[1:03pm] smorgan left the chat room.
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox