Status Meetings:2008-10-22:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[01:32am] You were promoted to operator by chanserv.
[01:32am] You changed the topic to "http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2008-10-22:Agenda".
[01:32am] cl was promoted to operator by you.
[01:49am] cl is now known as cl|zzz.
[04:25am] hendy joined the chat room.
[11:25am] cl|zzz is now known as cl.
[11:57am] smorgan joined the chat room.
[11:57am] peeja joined the chat room.
[11:57am] cl: oh, heh, it's about that time
[11:57am] hendy was promoted to operator by cl.
[11:57am] peeja was promoted to operator by cl.
[11:57am] smorgan was promoted to operator by cl.
[11:57am] cl: no pink or mento?
[11:58am] murph joined the chat room.
[11:59am] murph was promoted to operator by you.
[12:00pm] You are now known as ardissone|foraging.
[12:04pm] ardissone|foraging: do we know if we expect either?
[12:09pm] ardissone|foraging: well, i suppose if they come, they come
[12:09pm] You are now known as ardissone.
[12:10pm] ardissone: everyone please open http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2008-10-22:Agenda in your Camino 2.0a1 or newer
[12:10pm] ardissone: hopefully everyone's having "fun" with the release
[12:11pm] ardissone: haven't really heard anything about it so far
[12:11pm] smorgan: Neither of my kittens has caught on fire yet
[12:11pm] ardissone: that's a good sign
[12:11pm] ardissone: watch for radiation poisoning, though 
[12:12pm] ardissone: and make sure pink knows we released 
[12:12pm] ardissone: 1.6.4 is still generating ~300 crashes a week
[12:13pm] ardissone: the bulk still seems to be in libSystemB
[12:14pm] smorgan: If I ever get time I'll sift through them again
[12:14pm] ardissone: other than realplayer, hard to tell anything from them
[12:14pm] mento joined the chat room.
[12:14pm] mento was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:15pm] ardissone: mediafire changed their uploader, so that seems to have calmed the xmlhttprequest core regression crash
[12:16pm] ardissone: anyone else have anything on 1.6.4?
[12:17pm] ardissone: it's now time to start thinking about 1.6.5 
[12:17pm] ardissone: which is freezing fri and being released mid-nov
[12:18pm] smorgan: 1.6.5 is freezing, or Gecko is freezing?
[12:18pm] ardissone: we have some nominations, but last i looked they were mostly "ooh, if we fix this, we'd like it on the branch"
[12:18pm] ardissone: Gecko
[12:19pm] ardissone: though the more we land before they tag, the better, of course
[12:20pm] ardissone: anything else on 1.6.5?
[12:21pm] ardissone: back to 2.0
[12:22pm] ardissone: as noted, we shipped a1 yesterday
[12:22pm] ardissone: we have 40 bugs on the 2.0 list
[12:22pm] ardissone: which is not unreasonable if we work at them
[12:22pm] ardissone: but probably a little high, given experience
[12:23pm] ardissone: (plus 7 bugs that are 2.0? noms)
[12:23pm] ardissone: so we'll try to pare that down a bit
[12:24pm] ardissone: and make sure to get any bugs with l10n impact noted and nominated for b1
[12:24pm] ardissone: and pray to $DEITY of choice that bugs in Widget:Cocoa don't kill us
[12:25pm] ardissone: in the keyboard loop realm, sean's got a patch for one of the regressions, the one that broke window people
[12:26pm] ardissone: and both the weird bugs I found are probably due to the mutating ChildViews
[12:26pm] ardissone: murph: anything else on that subject?
[12:27pm] ardissone: (keyboard loop)
[12:28pm] ardissone: there's actually a new focus bug with tabsposé that philippe filed last night, too
[12:28pm] murph: hmm, you covered it well :), I only see reverse tabbing getting fixed by doing some kind of approach where we loop over all ChildViews and set a next key view on them...
[12:28pm] murph: and unfortunately that's not very elegant a thing to have to do
[12:29pm] murph: if I set a key view on them using F-Script, the loop does work in reverse 
[12:29pm] ardissone: it's unfortunate that it leads to some other bugs that don't seem directly related to them, but my guess is that it misses the boat for 2.0
[12:31pm] ardissone: reorderable tabs seems like the bigger win, if we had to ration your time
[12:31pm] smorgan: I have started that review
[12:31pm] ardissone: (and smorgan's)
[12:31pm] murph: gosh yes, I'd love to see that get in 
[12:31pm] ardissone:
[12:31pm] smorgan: Sorry it's taking so long
[12:31pm] smorgan: I've just been really busy
[12:32pm] murph: oh that's no problem! I'll be ready to refresh it right after the review
[12:32pm] ardissone: i believe it's the start of busy season for everyone
[12:32pm] smorgan: To keep you busy until it's done: have you tested the case where a tab closes during drag?
[12:32pm] smorgan: (possibly even the one being dragged)
[12:33pm] ardissone: slaps nasty js
[12:33pm] murph: hmmm not entirely I haven't...I'll look into those cases
[12:33pm] smorgan: as I learned with tabspose, it's a good way to get crashes that wouldn't show up in usual testing
[12:35pm] ardissone: on the tabspose front, jeff is in midterms season
[12:35pm] ardissone: now that it's out and being promoted, we're finding new bugs in it
[12:36pm] ardissone: the sole complaint I've heard so far is that "it needs to be an icon" 
[12:36pm] ardissone: ss: where are we with icons?
[12:37pm] ss: I failed this weekend.
[12:37pm] ss: So ask me next week. 
[12:37pm] ardissone: ok 
[12:38pm] ardissone: hendy's been on vacation where IP packets come and go by sheep, but now he's back
[12:38pm] hendy: i'm thinking that some of those 2.0 bugs should take priority over fullscreen
[12:39pm] ardissone: probably, yes
[12:39pm] ardissone: you're working on some that are on the ? list, iirc
[12:40pm] pinkerton joined the chat room.
[12:40pm] pinkerton was promoted to operator by you.
[12:40pm] hendy: yes, that url decoding stuff.
[12:40pm] hendy: it needs a new patch, which will look a lot like one of the previous patches for it
[12:42pm] ardissone: do you think you can look at bug 453562 at all, or is that too much Gecko?
[12:42pm] thebot joined the chat room.
[12:42pm] ardissone: bug 453562
[12:42pm] ardissone: thebot: bug 453562
[12:43pm] You kicked thebot from the chat room. (you're useless)
[12:43pm] hendy: yes, well, seeing as i kind of created that bug, i should take a look at it  
[12:44pm] ardissone: we may ultimately decide not to care about it for 2.0, but if you could take a look and give us an assessment, that'd be good
[12:44pm] hendy: ok
[12:44pm] ardissone: anything else in your domain?
[12:46pm] hendy: possibly 376930, but i think i've got enough stuff to keep me busy at the moment
[12:46pm] ardissone: ok
[12:46pm] hendy: i have a neglected r? queue
[12:47pm] ardissone: cl will appreciate that, now that your IP packets are flowing
[12:47pm] hendy: maybe i'll even get the ExtendedOutlineView bug filed!
[12:47pm] ardissone:
[12:48pm] ardissone: the other two big items on the 2.0 list are breakpad integration and Gecko strings l10n, both of which are in danger
[12:48pm] ardissone: (again)
[12:49pm] smorgan: If I enter a parallel universe and have time, I'll definitely look at breakpad
[12:49pm] smorgan: Or we could try to kidnap mento for a few days
[12:49pm] mento: lalalalalalala
[12:50pm] ardissone: seems like we should know a few guys
[12:50pm] ardissone: i need to bug mento again on those buttons
[12:50pm] ardissone: they're driving me nuts :)
[12:51pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else on 2.0?
[12:53pm] smorgan: Only 36 bugs now!
[12:53pm] smorgan: At this rate we'll be done by tomorrow
[12:53pm] ardissone: haha
[12:53pm] ardissone: if you've got patches waiting to land because of the freeze, we're unfrozen
[12:54pm] ardissone: so you may land them, and inflate our "fixed bugs" number ;)
[12:55pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else?
[12:57pm] pinkerton left the chat room.
[12:57pm] ardissone: ok then ;)
[12:57pm] ardissone: everyone have a good week, please work on bugs and reviews :)
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox