Status Meetings:2008-12-10:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[01:43am] You were promoted to operator by chanserv.
[01:43am] You changed the topic to "http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2008-12-10:Agenda".
[01:43am] cl was promoted to operator by you.
[10:20am] peeja joined the chat room.
[11:33am] murph joined the chat room.
[11:47am] cl|zzz is now known as cl.
[11:51am] jeff joined the chat room.
[11:51am] jeff was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:00pm] murph was promoted to operator by you.
[12:00pm] peeja was promoted to operator by you.
[12:01pm] smorgan joined the chat room.
[12:01pm] smorgan was promoted to operator by you.
[12:01pm] ardissone: smorgan: are we expecting your cohorts today?
[12:01pm] hendy joined the chat room.
[12:02pm] hendy was promoted to operator by you.
[12:02pm] smorgan: no pink, dunno about mento
[12:02pm] ardissone: k
[12:02pm] smorgan was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:02pm] ardissone: does pink know we're waiting on his srs this week?
[12:04pm] smorgan: he says yes, but he's really busy atm
[12:04pm] ardissone: k
[12:05pm] ardissone: everyone open http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2008-12-10:Agenda in your Camino 2.0a1 or newer
[12:05pm] ilya joined the chat room.
[12:05pm] ilya was promoted to operator by you.
[12:06pm] mento joined the chat room.
[12:06pm] mento was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:06pm] ardissone: mento: http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2008-12-10:Agenda to follow along at home 
[12:06pm] ardissone: I got to Talkback too late last night
[12:07pm] ardissone: it had already stopped working for the night
[12:07pm] ardissone: so I have no updated crash info
[12:07pm] cl: Talkback quits working on a nightly basis?
[12:07pm] ardissone: (it sort of feels like living in a world without a 24hr drugstore)
[12:08pm] cl: What, does the guy running the server put it to bed every night at 9 PM or something?
[12:08pm] ardissone: yeah, usually I can get stuff from 2.0a1 to work, but then 1.6.x stuff never finishes
[12:08pm] cl: heh.
[12:09pm] ardissone: dunno
[12:09pm] ardissone: it's sam's system
[12:09pm] ardissone: except it dates from the late 90s
[12:09pm] ardissone: and is held together with chewing gum
[12:10pm] ardissone: which i suspect is starting to break down after all these years
[12:10pm] ardissone: anyway
[12:10pm] ardissone: anyone have anything they want to add about 2.0a1 or 1.6.5?
[12:12pm] ardissone: next, 1.6.6
[12:12pm] ardissone: The Gecko release has a scheduled release date next Tues
[12:13pm] ardissone: (which is about when I'd like to release 2.0b1, except not the same day  )
[12:14pm] ardissone: so my thought is if we spin b1 this week, we can spin 1.6.6 next week
[12:14pm] ilya is now known as ilya|brb.
[12:14pm] ardissone: and release it at some convenient time during the holidays
[12:15pm] ardissone: we could also in theory spin it this week; we've landed all the bugs we have, iirc (I'd have to copy/paste the relnotes; they're all dupes)
[12:16pm] ardissone: and do a Wed/Thurs tag-team release next week
[12:16pm] ardissone: mento, smorgan: what to you think?
[12:17pm] ardissone: ss: how far along is RelEng on 2.0.0.19?
[12:17pm] smorgan: Either is fine with me
[12:19pm] ardissone: i'll check and make sure we have nothing else to land, and do the relnotes if that's the case, so we can give l10n lead time regardless
[12:19pm] ardissone: On to 2.0 stuff, then
[12:20pm] ardissone: on the tab dragging front, the one real blocker for b1 is bg dragging, waiting on pink
[12:20pm] ardissone: nice work from murph and smorgan both on that one
[12:20pm] ardissone: murph: any news yet on scrolling, or have you been otherwise occupied?
[12:21pm] murph: ardissone: early this week I was busy with other items, but I am going to begin hitting that one as hard as I can starting tomorrow
[12:21pm] ardissone: sounds good
[12:22pm] murph: I also have been looking at some simpler ways to make the animations smoother, as they can be slightly choppy with lots of tabs...
[12:22pm] ilya|brb is now known as ilya.
[12:22pm] murph: just looking at avoiding reordering the BrowserTabView until the drag is over, rather than during each position move...
[12:23pm] ardissone: k
[12:23pm] ardissone: red-headed stepchild
[12:23pm] ardissone: aka Tabsposé
[12:24pm] jeff: well I put up a quick fade patch for review
[12:24pm] jeff: and started working on cleaning out some of my old bugs
[12:24pm] ardissone:
[12:24pm] ardissone: "old bugs should be dead bugs"
[12:24pm] jeff: other than that, not much else from me
[12:25pm] ardissone: when are your exams?
[12:25pm] jeff: I have one today
[12:25pm] ardissone: 
[12:25pm] ardissone: good luck, then!
[12:25pm] ilya: jeff: g'luck 
[12:25pm] jeff: thanks
[12:26pm] ardissone: um
[12:27pm] ardissone: next up is hendy's spot
[12:27pm] ardissone: we're going to take taller tabs in b1 if pink srs it 
[12:27pm] hendy: i was doing utf-8, but i got distracted a bit by xul stuff, but will get back to those bugs
[12:28pm] hendy: should i bring up breakpoints now?
[12:28pm] ardissone: why not?
[12:28pm] ardissone: assuming smorgan is listening 
[12:29pm] ardissone: cl and i both have (different) fuzzy memories of how this is supposed to work, so we need to get it documented
[12:29pm] hendy: ok. does anyone know how to set a breakpoint in something like nsNativeThemeCocoa.mm and have Xcode/gdb find the symbol?
[12:30pm] smorgan: sorry, one sec
[12:30pm] murph: hendy: check under Run->Show->Shared Libraries...
[12:31pm] murph: and you can enable all symbols in the module for that file
[12:31pm] smorgan: gdb has never given me trouble finding the symbols that I can remember
[12:32pm] hendy: i guess i have to figure out which library that file goes into
[12:32pm] murph: you can also try turning off "Lazy Symbol Loading" if it's not hitting some, if your computer can handle doing that 
[12:32pm] ardissone: libwidget_mac.dylib
[12:32pm] murph: try setting "current level" to "all" in teh shared libraries for that one..
[12:33pm] hendy: it won't let me  
[12:34pm] hendy: oh wait, yes it will
[12:34pm] hendy: i'll give that a try and report back later; thanks guys
[12:34pm] ardissone: we need to get this info into the wiki, either on http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Development:Building#Development or somwehwere appropriate
[12:35pm] ardissone: once we know what works 
[12:35pm] ardissone: ok
[12:35pm] hendy: if it works, i'll write it up
[12:35pm] ardissone: ty
[12:35pm] hendy: that's about it from me
[12:35pm] ardissone:
[12:36pm] ardissone: I wrote up my "unussed" Gecko strings progress on the wiki (http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/User:Sardisson/Localizing_Gecko_Strings) and i'll email l10n in case some of them are interested in helping me along
[12:36pm] ardissone: batwood's flashblock whitelist patch is awaiting sr, also
[12:37pm] ardissone: smorgan: anything to report on breakpad?
[12:37pm] smorgan: no, sorry
[12:37pm] smorgan: really busy
[12:37pm] ardissone: k
[12:38pm] ardissone: ilya: our new mr download manager?
[12:38pm] ilya: just working on minor stuff w/downloads
[12:39pm] ardissone: the growl patch is awaiting review again, right?
[12:39pm] ilya: yep
[12:39pm] ardissone: and when are your exams? 
[12:40pm] ilya: this week 
[12:40pm] ardissone: heh
[12:40pm] ardissone: good luck to you, too, then 
[12:40pm] ilya: Camino development is the new form of procrastination, haven't you heard?
[12:40pm] ilya: thanks
[12:40pm] ardissone: i believe froodian once told us something similar
[12:40pm] ilya: oh, I had a question about how our downloads are saved
[12:41pm] ilya: so, ProgressViewController uses downloadInfoDictionary somehow to save itself to disk
[12:41pm] cl: Yeah, if I had been working on Camino when I was in college, I would have been even worse about procrastinating than I was to begin with
[12:42pm] ilya: but ProgressDlgController has a special method that just saves out the list of downloads, and (AFAICT) nothing else
[12:42pm] ilya: so, two questions:
[12:43pm] ilya: actually, one question 
[12:43pm] ilya: How do things actually get written to disk, and by whom?
[12:43pm] smorgan: saveProgressViewControllers
[12:43pm] smorgan: But this would be better for after the meeting
[12:43pm] ilya: o.k.
[12:44pm] ilya: o.k., sure
[12:44pm] ardissone: sounds like one of those Gecko ratholes 
[12:44pm] ardissone: cl: you?
[12:45pm] cl: I have no idea 
[12:45pm] ardissone: just random patches, then?
[12:46pm] ardissone: also, we need to huddle on the content zoom icons and figure out where we want them to end up; philippe's made a dozen mockups now and icons for half that number
[12:46pm] cl: Yeah, I'm cranking out the random patches.
[12:47pm] ardissone: On our b1 list
[12:47pm] ardissone: what's blocking the build
[12:48pm] ardissone: we have some pretty ugly UE bugs yet, but they're thorny
[12:48pm] ardissone: so I think they get minused for b1 with a sigh
[12:49pm] ardissone: smorgan: did you see smichaud put up a different patch for the 10.4 crasher?
[12:49pm] smorgan: Only slightly different
[12:49pm] ardissone: beyond whitespace changes, there are 4-5 lines of code that differ, according to my rough diff
[12:49pm] smorgan: Really?
[12:49pm] smorgan: I thought it was just not doing the ifs
[12:50pm] ardissone: the ifs and something else
[12:50pm] ardissone: i forget now 
[12:50pm] ardissone: should I make a build with his patch, too?
[12:52pm] ardissone: beyond those, we're waiting on pink to sr basically 3 things: bg tab dragging, the Flashblock whitelist, and taller tabs
[12:52pm] ardissone: and relnotes, of course
[12:53pm] ardissone: i'll try to start working on those relnotes, too, while we await pink
[12:53pm] ilya: and code cleanup :)
[12:53pm] ardissone: but our goal with b1 remains to try to build end of this week/weekend if needed and then release next week
[12:54pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else on b1 or 2.0 in general?
[12:56pm] ardissone: ok
[12:56pm] ardissone: sam fixed boxset, so it's back on the tinderbox :D
[12:57pm] ardissone: its domain had disappeared :(
[12:57pm] ardissone: we've had good movement on bugs and reviews the past few weeks, though the queues are still high
[12:58pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else in general?
[12:59pm] ardissone: ok then
[12:59pm] ardissone: everyone have a good week, work on those patches and reviews, and pass those exams ;)
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox