Status Meetings:2009-01-07:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[02:31am] You were promoted to operator by chanserv.
[02:31am] You changed the topic to "http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2009-01-07:Agenda".
[10:23am] murph joined the chat room.
[12:02pm] ilya joined the chat room.
[12:03pm] ilya was promoted to operator by you.
[12:03pm] murph was promoted to operator by you.
[12:03pm] mento joined the chat room.
[12:03pm] mento was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:04pm] peeja joined the chat room.
[12:04pm] peeja was promoted to operator by you.
[12:04pm] pinkerton joined the chat room.
[12:04pm] pinkerton was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:04pm] ardissone: do we know if smorgan will be joining us today?
[12:05pm] ss: With MacWorld this week??
[12:05pm] ardissone: he's been in-channel
[12:05pm] ardissone: other days
[12:05pm] pinkerton: i don't think he's at macworld, but i could be wrong
[12:05pm] ss: just assumed.
[12:06pm] pinkerton: he's not signed on at google, so maybe.
[12:07pm] ardissone: ok, i guess we can start without him
[12:07pm] ardissone: everyone please open your Camino 2.0b1 or newer to http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2009-01-07:Agenda
[12:08pm] ardissone: we gave everyone an early christmas present in 2.0b1
[12:08pm] smorgan joined the chat room.
[12:08pm] ardissone: there he is 
[12:08pm] smorgan was promoted to operator by you.
[12:09pm] ardissone: most people seem to have liked the present
[12:09pm] ardissone: (not those using 1password, of course :P )
[12:09pm] ardissone: we have two scary-ish bugs so far
[12:10pm] ardissone: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=471948 is a crash in the appshell on quit
[12:10pm] ardissone: it's about 25% of our reported crashes
[12:10pm] ardissone: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=472196 is a possibly-10.4-only NSAutoReleaseNoPool episode
[12:12pm] ardissone: one guy sees it pretty regularly, so we might be able to get him to step back through the nightlies and see when it appeared, but he seems not very technical, so dunno
[12:13pm] ardissone: anyone heard any other feedback on b1?
[12:13pm] pinkerton: besides the prick who flamed us for making yet another browser?
[12:14pm] ardissone: i seem to have missed that one, fortunately 
[12:15pm] smorgan: feedback
[12:15pm] ardissone: lovely
[12:15pm] smorgan: He was a web developer who didn't seem to understand the concepts of a) linear time, and b) rendering engines
[12:16pm] ardissone: so he works for Yahoo?
[12:17pm] ardissone: notes not to give up the day job for comedy
[12:17pm] ardissone: so, anything besides that clown?
[12:17pm] ardissone: 1.6.6 then
[12:18pm] ardissone: we did that 3 weeks ago
[12:18pm] ardissone: we've had a couple of reports of software update failing during install? and leaving an unusable binary
[12:19pm] ardissone: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=471922 got filed as a bug
[12:20pm] ardissone: he's not good at following up, historically, so we may not learn anything if there is anything to learn
[12:21pm] ardissone: i was afraid initially the 1password-related crash was going to be the topcrasher
[12:21pm] ardissone: but flash came through, as usual
[12:22pm] ardissone: 1.6.5 was less crashy than usual, but this is about on par with 1.6.x
[12:22pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else on 1.6.6?
[12:24pm] ardissone: for 1.6.7, we'd like to get the 10.3-search-with-&-is-broken bug and smorgan's band-aid for the 1password-related crash
[12:25pm] ardissone: ss said the next Tb release is slated for March, so there won't be much if any Gecko 1.8.1 triage or landing until then
[12:26pm] ardissone: Anyone do any 2.0-related work over the holidays that they'd like to report on?
[12:27pm] smorgan: I've been too busy then too vacationing, I'm afraid
[12:27pm] ardissone: (aside from that handful of reviews)
[12:27pm] murph: ardissone: I actually have made a few performance changes to tab dragging, which I can submit under another bug...
[12:28pm] ardissone: k
[12:28pm] murph: I will definitely get the 10.3 search bug fixed asap now...
[12:28pm] ardissone: did you have a chance to look at the 10.4 tab dragging bug?
[12:29pm] murph: yeah I did only a bit, and I was just going to say that too is what I want to tackle as soon as I can
[12:29pm] ardissone:
[12:29pm] murph: I'm going to have a hard tiem testing it though :(, since I don't have a 10.4 machine handy like I thought!
[12:30pm] ardissone:
[12:30pm] jeff: I'll have a tabspose fade in follow up patch in a few days
[12:31pm] ardissone: is the NSControl stuff related to that?
[12:32pm] You are now known as ardissone|away.
[12:33pm] You rejoined the room.
[12:33pm] You were promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:33pm] ardissone|away: erm
[12:33pm] smorgan was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:33pm] ardissone left the chat room. (NickServ (GHOST command used by ardissone|away))
[12:33pm] You are now known as ardissone.
[12:34pm] pinkerton: heh
[12:34pm] ardissone: [12:30pm] jeff: I'll have a tabspose fade in follow up patch in a few days
[12:34pm] ardissone: [12:31pm] ardissone: is the NSControl stuff related to that?
[12:34pm] ardissone: is there anything after that?
[12:34pm] jeff: jeff: no, but I have some code for that too
[12:34pm] jeff: [12:32pm] jeff: I'll put it up on that one bug
[12:34pm] ardissone: :)
[12:36pm] ardissone: with a bit of debugging help from hendy, and a good dose of peeking on the papers of smfr and cl, i fixed the poke-your-eyes-out-on-gfx-<select>s bug
[12:36pm] ardissone: so we now default to Aqua selects regardless of misguided author styles
[12:38pm] ardissone: while i'm thinking about it
[12:39pm] ardissone: for all you webdev types, http://pimpmycamino.com/parts/firebug-lite-bookmarklet
[12:39pm] ardissone: philippe has made some more page zoom icons for us
[12:40pm] ardissone: v7 is much closer to the concept i had in mind from the beginning
[12:40pm] ardissone: ss seems to like it, and it removes the ambiguity of the magnifying glass
[12:41pm] ardissone: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=355722 is a color preview
[12:41pm] ardissone: the actual icon files he's attached since then are grey
[12:43pm] ardissone: if anyone has any major objections to that concept, please speak now 
[12:44pm] ilya: heh, the negative space in the icon on the right also forms arrows
[12:44pm] ilya: probably won't be too confusing for people though
[12:44pm] ardissone: escher would be proud 
[12:46pm] ardissone: ok
[12:46pm] ss: Sounds like consensus
[12:46pm] ardissone: indeed
[12:47pm] ardissone: so we'll proceed along that direction
[12:47pm] ardissone: sam's made some comments already about the minor things
[12:47pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else on 2.0 or 2.0b2 ?
[12:48pm] ilya: I'd be much obliged to get some feedback on the growl patch 
[12:48pm] smorgan: ilya: sorry, I know I still owe you that review
[12:48pm] smorgan: I'll get to in this weekend at the latest
[12:49pm] ardissone: !clone smorgan
[12:50pm] ardissone: cl and I have a working CBSamplePane distribution now
[12:50pm] ilya: no worries, just really hoping to get it in for 2.0
[12:51pm] ardissone: who should review that?
[12:51pm] ardissone: (code + project; my makefile patch is still in mento's queue)
[12:53pm] ardissone: we had 21 new untargeted bugs come in since the last meeting, which is huge
[12:54pm] ardissone: i think they're mostly UNCOs, but i ran out of time last night to check
[12:54pm] ardissone: yeah, UNCOs are up to 80, which is +15 or so
[12:55pm] ardissone: i'll see about doing some closemes this weekend, i guess
[12:56pm] ilya: brb
[12:57pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else today?
[12:59pm] ilya left the chat room. (Ping timeout)
[12:59pm] ardissone: OK then
[12:59pm] ardissone: hope everyone had (is having) a good vacation, and welcome back to the world of endless bugs and review requests ;)
[1:00pm] pinkerton: l8r guys
[1:00pm] pinkerton left the chat room.
[1:00pm] smorgan left the chat room.
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox