Status Meetings:2009-03-11:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[02:57am] You were promoted to operator by chanserv.
[02:57am] You changed the topic to "http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2009-03-11:Agenda".
[08:26am] murph joined the chat room.
[09:19am] cl|zzz is now known as cl.
[09:21am] Simon joined the chat room.
[09:49am] Simon left the chat room. (Quit: Goodbye)
[10:35am] cl left the chat room. (Quit: outta here)
[11:59am] smorgan joined the chat room.
[12:11pm] murph was promoted to operator by you.
[12:11pm] smorgan was promoted to operator by you.
[12:12pm] ardissone: running late, bbs
[12:20pm] ardissone: ok
[12:20pm] ardissone: sorry
[12:21pm] hendy joined the chat room.
[12:21pm] hendy was promoted to operator by you.
[12:21pm] peeja joined the chat room.
[12:21pm] peeja was promoted to operator by you.
[12:21pm] ardissone: no pink or jeff today
[12:21pm] ardissone: everyone open 2.0b2 or newer to http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2009-03-11:Agenda
[12:22pm] ardissone: nothing really actionable yet in b2
[12:22pm] ardissone: Flash has retaken the #1 crash spot for the first time in forever
[12:22pm] ardissone: which is always a very good sign
[12:23pm] ardissone: http://talkback-public.mozilla.org/search/start.jsp?search=2&type=iid&id=53405594 is fun 
[12:24pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else on b2?
[12:25pm] ardissone: nothing really to say about 1.6.6, except i hope we'll be through mentioning it soon 
[12:26pm] ardissone: 1.6.7 is moving along
[12:26pm] ardissone: we have two bugs in the sr queue that we want
[12:26pm] ardissone: the overnite crew figured out a Flashblock bug that we might want to include
[12:27pm] ardissone: though there's still a more serious one out there, affecting everyone's favorite cesspool
[12:27pm] ardissone: (aka MySpace)
[12:28pm] ardissone: smorgan: did you see my comment on https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=481133#c6
[12:29pm] smorgan: Yes, but I haven't had a chance to look into it yet
[12:29pm] ardissone: ok
[12:29pm] smorgan: I'm not sure why that would be the case, since I'm releasing the same thing but slightly earlier
[12:29pm] ardissone: should i land on the branch anyway, no-crash > more-leak, or do you want to investigate?
[12:30pm] smorgan: Land on branch
[12:30pm] ardissone: ok
[12:30pm] ardissone: will do
[12:30pm] smorgan: leaking on quit is not really that big a deal
[12:30pm] ardissone: if you find something interesting, there's always 1.6.8 
[12:31pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else about 1.6.x?
[12:32pm] murph left the chat room. (Quit: murph)
[12:33pm] ardissone: this is the point on the agenda i'd slotted for pink to SoC
[12:33pm] murph joined the chat room.
[12:33pm] ardissone: he's got lunch today, though 
[12:33pm] ardissone: so i assume that means he plans on us doing it and has some ideas
[12:34pm] ardissone: we used to  have a decent list of ideas on http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Development:Good_Bugs_and_Projects
[12:35pm] ardissone: dunno how relevant they are now
[12:35pm] ardissone: so at the very least, everyone be thinking of possible things
[12:36pm] ardissone: we'll also need to try and make sure we get the news out in the Cocoa world
[12:36pm] ardissone: as jeff noted, if you're looking for interesting Cocoa stuff, you aren't going to think to look under Mozilla for us....
[12:37pm] ardissone: anyway, i guess we'll hear what pink says later
[12:37pm] ardissone: 2.0 round-up
[12:37pm] ardissone: murph: phishing news?
[12:38pm] murph: ardissone: Nothing big to report this week, but I'm continuing to follow up on the UI enhancements...
[12:39pm] ardissone:
[12:39pm] murph: soon I'll have the patch to insert test URLs into the db
[12:39pm] ardissone: (we landed l10n and the custom site icon last week, for anyone who missed that)
[12:39pm] ardissone:
[12:40pm] ardissone: the blocker-bar precursor patch is waiting for review?
[12:40pm] smorgan: I'll do that today
[12:40pm] ardissone:
[12:41pm] murph: As soon as that's in I'll make the safe browsing bar 
[12:41pm] ardissone: i'll add that the page looks so much better with non-sucky <xul:button>s 
[12:41pm] ardissone:
[12:41pm] ardissone: jeff left us a semi-report in #camino
[12:41pm] ardissone: he worked more on NSControl, but got distracted by Quick Look again
[12:42pm] ardissone: (the QL thing is pretty close function-wise, but it needs Esc working)
[12:43pm] ardissone: (which jeff doesn't know how to get working in that responder chain)
[12:44pm] ardissone: on the dragging front, there was a comment on the perf patch this week or last; that's pretty much the last thing we have planned for dragging, short of !clone help
[12:44pm] ardissone: smorgan: any breakpad news?
[12:45pm] smorgan: No, sorry. But I'll try to look at that at least some today too so I can get a jump on the weekend
[12:45pm] ardissone:
[12:46pm] ardissone: hendy: big mega comment-time
[12:46pm] hendy: yeah, it's there
[12:47pm] hendy: i uploaded my patch for bug 475201 last night
[12:47pm] hendy: don't know who to get to review it
[12:47pm] ardissone: we need someone to read the comment and make some calls, and get a review
[12:47pm] hendy: that would be good
[12:48pm] ardissone: i think we'll also need that nib done on 10.4, since it's in the critical path of startup 
[12:49pm] hendy: we should look to get a consensus on how we want the feature to behave
[12:49pm] ardissone: i forget; does real Flashblock make it editable in the sheet?
[12:49pm] hendy: don't know. i'll look into that today
[12:50pm] ardissone: it's so hard to get at the real Flashblock's prefs, so doing so would defintiely make sense for them
[12:50pm] hendy: for full content zoom Eiichi resaved the nib on 10.4 prior to checkin
[12:51pm] ardissone: that should work
[12:51pm] smorgan: We should skip the sheet
[12:52pm] hendy: k. that makes the patch simpler.
[12:52pm] ardissone:
[12:52pm] smorgan: Understanding how domains work shouldn't be part of primary UI
[12:52pm] ardissone: our prefs are not nearly as difficult to find, either 
[12:53pm] hendy: i'm resurrecting my G3 iBook today to test performance of the validation code
[12:54pm] ardissone: how does that work?
[12:56pm] hendy: FlashblockWhitelistManager examines the string for to make sure there are enough full stops and no illegal characters
[12:56pm] ardissone: using eTLD or?
[12:57pm] hendy: current behaviour is to validate when adding, but i've changed it to each time the string changes in the text box as the user is entering it
[12:57pm] ardissone: oh, modifying something batwood already did?
[12:57pm] hendy: yeah
[12:58pm] ardissone: ok
[12:59pm] ardissone: no ilya or cl today, but they've been working on getting that downloads pref migration stuff in order
[12:59pm] ardissone: we landed ilya's "scroll to bottom when restoring dl window" patch last week, too
[1:00pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else on Camino 2?
[1:02pm] ardissone: some good news on the bugs front this past week
[1:02pm] ardissone: fixes were up, queues and blocker noms went down
[1:02pm] ardissone: (except for refilling pink's queue aftre he tweeted it was empty ;) )
[1:02pm] ardissone: :D
[1:03pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else at all?
[1:04pm] ardissone: OK then
[1:05pm] ardissone: everyone patch and review, and have a good week! :)
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox