Status Meetings:2009-04-22:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[02:31am] You were promoted to operator by chanserv.
[02:31am] You changed the topic to "http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2009-04-22:Agenda".
[10:22am] peeja joined the chat room.
[11:58am] murph_ joined the chat room.
[12:03pm] smorgan joined the chat room.
[12:11pm] murph_ was promoted to operator by you.
[12:12pm] peeja was promoted to operator by you.
[12:12pm] smorgan was promoted to operator by you.
[12:12pm] hendy joined the chat room.
[12:12pm] jeff joined the chat room.
[12:12pm] jeff was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:12pm] hendy was promoted to operator by you.
[12:12pm] You are now known as ardissone|foraging.
[12:13pm] pinkerton joined the chat room.
[12:13pm] pinkerton was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:13pm] jeff: oye
[12:13pm] ardissone|foraging: are we missing anyone?
[12:14pm] ardissone|foraging: ok
[12:14pm] ardissone|foraging: everyone please open http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2009-04-22:Agenda in your Camino 2.0b2 or newer
[12:15pm] ardissone|foraging: b2 is running at about 7wks now
[12:15pm] ardissone|foraging: crashes have been pretty steady
[12:16pm] ardissone|foraging: more random-hex than I'd like, but they're largely single-line stacks
[12:16pm] ardissone|foraging: so nothing really we can do
[12:16pm] ardissone|foraging: anyone else have anything on b2?
[12:17pm] jeff: no word of crashes from my parents
[12:17pm] ardissone|foraging:
[12:18pm] ardissone|foraging: they haven't hit the bookmark-hang either?
[12:18pm] jeff: if I have not gotten a frantic phonecall, then no
[12:18pm] ardissone|foraging:
[12:19pm] ardissone|foraging: that's good
[12:19pm] ardissone|foraging: 1.6.7
[12:19pm] ardissone|foraging: we've just about hit the end of my ability to sanely track the crashers
[12:20pm] ardissone|foraging: nothing interesting in the crashes, either
[12:20pm] ardissone|foraging: anyone have anything else on 1.6.7?
[12:21pm] ardissone|foraging: nothing really new on 1.6.8, either
[12:21pm] ardissone|foraging: cl made a second patch for the "can't show cookies" bug
[12:21pm] ardissone|foraging: that's sort of a bullet-proof work-around
[12:21pm] ardissone|foraging: so we'll take that for 1.6.8
[12:22pm] ardissone|foraging: but that's the only thing we have so far
[12:22pm] ardissone|foraging: probably another 5-6 weeks before the next Gecko release
[12:22pm] ardissone|foraging: Summer of Code!
[12:23pm] ardissone|foraging: results were announced mon
[12:23pm] jeff: where is our student?
[12:23pm] ardissone|foraging: we have a student, Daniel Weber
[12:23pm] ardissone|foraging: we've not seen him yet
[12:24pm] ardissone|foraging: smorgan: did he say he'd stop by and start community bonding?
[12:24pm] smorgan: Yes, he should be visiting IRC at some point
[12:24pm] smorgan: He couldn't make the meeting
[12:24pm] ardissone|foraging: (work actually begins 23 may)
[12:24pm] ardissone|foraging: k
[12:25pm] ardissone|foraging: we'll throw a big irc party in his honor when he does 
[12:26pm] pinkerton:
[12:26pm] ardissone|foraging: everyone can see the abstract of his proposal at the [1] link on today's agenda
[12:26pm] ardissone|foraging: (it blows the pants off the abstract of the project pink is mentoring  )
[12:26pm] pinkerton: hotness
[12:27pm] ardissone|foraging: once we get him a wiki password, i have the page ready for him to add his full proposal
[12:27pm] pinkerton: need food badly. brb.
[12:27pm] ardissone|foraging: mmm, food
[12:27pm] smorgan: (Just don't shoot the food)
[12:28pm] ardissone|foraging: on to the 2.0 reports?
[12:28pm] ardissone|foraging: murph_: phishing news?
[12:29pm] murph_: ardissone|foraging: Mostly, I need to update the safe browsing bar patch, which I'll be finishing real soon
[12:30pm] ardissone|foraging: if we go with Sam's urls in the other patch, there'll be no problem (not having a real 'page')?
[12:31pm] murph_: Nope, those URLs should work fine
[12:31pm] murph_: I'll make sure though
[12:31pm] ardissone|foraging: k
[12:32pm] ardissone|foraging: what's next after the bar?  reporting sites you suspect are phishing but aren't blocked?
[12:33pm] murph_: Yeah, I actually hadn't decided myself what's next, so I can definitely implement that.
[12:34pm] ardissone|foraging: since that will require UI, at least
[12:34pm] ardissone|foraging: the tabs patch is waiting on pinkerton ?
[12:36pm] murph_: Yes, I fixed up the indentation problem and it's ready for SR
[12:36pm] ardissone|foraging: have you seen the latest comments (this week) on the 10.4 bugs?
[12:37pm] pinkerton: ok i'll look
[12:38pm] murph_: I did notice the comments.  The good thing is that I have my 10.4 machine again so I'll actually try to reproduce them myself
[12:38pm] ardissone|foraging: sounds good 
[12:39pm] ardissone|foraging: !seen NSControl
[12:39pm] ardissone|foraging: aka
[12:39pm] ardissone|foraging: jeff: how's Tabsposé?
[12:39pm] jeff: errr I need to resuscitate the body ... my finals are over tomorrow
[12:40pm] jeff: so after that I am class free for 2 months
[12:40pm] ardissone|foraging:
[12:40pm] ardissone|foraging: good luck on your last finals!
[12:41pm] ardissone|foraging: but that means we should start seeing some patches from you?
[12:41pm] You are now known as ardissone.
[12:41pm] jeff: yes exactly
[12:41pm] ardissone: excellent!
[12:41pm] jeff: my ToDo list is almost at zero, so looking better
[12:42pm] ardissone: remember: Adam Savage is depending on you to help manage his tabs 
[12:43pm] jeff: thats a good way to look at it!
[12:43pm] ardissone: smorgan: tearing through breakpad integration
[12:43pm] smorgan: indeed
[12:43pm] smorgan: The sucorro support landed upstream, but is broken
[12:43pm] ardissone: heh
[12:43pm] smorgan: I'm fixing it and then I'll do our update
[12:44pm] ardissone: and how's the l10n stuff?
[12:44pm] smorgan: Comment upload also appears not to be missing a piece, which I'll investigate
[12:44pm] smorgan: I've started, but kept getting sidetracked
[12:44pm] ardissone: k
[12:44pm] smorgan: Definitely this week
[12:45pm] ardissone: sounds good
[12:45pm] smorgan: I looked at symbols, and it looks like we can use at the very least the python script core uses to generate symbols for everything
[12:45pm] smorgan: We may even be able to use their makefile target, but I need to see if we can override what we need
[12:45pm] smorgan: Our debug symbol locations are a bit wonky relative to what they expect
[12:45pm] ardissone: heh
[12:46pm] smorgan: So hopefully either way we can have symbols by the end of the week
[12:46pm] smorgan: I still need to resolve the dump_syms issue though
[12:46pm] smorgan: I may do a check-in for the short-term
[12:46pm] ardissone: (do they not have the same path problem with PrintPDE and other native projects?)
[12:47pm] smorgan: The problem is dSYM, which afaict they don't use on the 1.9.0 branch
[12:47pm] smorgan: Unless there is a special target I'm missing
[12:47pm] ardissone: ah
[12:47pm] smorgan: I think they do on trunk though given some comments I've seen floating around
[12:47pm] ardissone: i think i've seen that, too
[12:47pm] smorgan: Anyway, replicating the target with slight mods is no big deal
[12:48pm] ardissone: sounds good
[12:48pm] smorgan: It's just a script invocation and a bit of directory and zip twiddling
[12:48pm] smorgan: I'll have to figure out how to do uploading without being able to test it 
[12:48pm] smorgan: I guess copy their call and hope it works on the tinderbox 
[12:49pm] ardissone: heh
[12:49pm] ardissone: well, tinderbox did do upload for fx3a/b
[12:49pm] smorgan: Anyway, hopefully by next week sometime we'll have something much more like a working breakpad setup end to end
[12:50pm] ardissone:
[12:50pm] ilya joined the chat room.
[12:50pm] ilya was promoted to operator by you.
[12:50pm] smorgan: I used about:crashes three times this morning 
[12:50pm] ardissone: as you can see, we also have topcrashers
[12:50pm] ardissone:
[12:51pm] ardissone: one possibly slightly confusing thing is that delete only deletes submitted reports
[12:51pm] smorgan: We could muck around with that JS if we wanted to add more stuff
[12:51pm] ardissone: yeah, or just change the .properties to make it more clear
[12:52pm] ardissone: since that text comes from .properties
[12:52pm] ardissone: on that note
[12:52pm] ardissone: anyone with js/DOM skills, please take up the mantle of finishing the l10n
[12:53pm] ardissone: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=489512
[12:53pm] ardissone: i hooked up the stringbundle fine, but I fail at JS
[12:54pm] ardissone: besides about:crashes, i've been hacking a few other smaller bits on breakpad for us
[12:55pm] ardissone: hendy: welcome back (again) 
[12:55pm] hendy: thanks
[12:56pm] ardissone: how do UTF-8, Flashblock, and your review stand?
[12:56pm] hendy: i'm pretty much caught up with my non-Camino stuff, so i should be getting back into coding today
[12:56pm] ardissone: k
[12:56pm] hendy: i'll get a flashblock patch submitted today, and start on my review
[12:57pm] ardissone:
[12:57pm] hendy: need that review from nick before making more progress on utf-8
[12:57pm] ardissone: ok, we should poke him when we see him
[12:59pm] hendy: there are other 2.0 bugs i can work on in the meantime
[12:59pm] ardissone: cool
[1:00pm] ardissone: also, we have a bunch of new scripts taking advantage of the AS stuff hendy added 
[1:00pm] hendy: yeah, i need to get DOM source hooked up some time too
[1:00pm] hendy: that's lower priority ATM, though
[1:02pm] ardissone: k
[1:02pm] ardissone: our 2.0 and 2.0? bugs are still pretty high
[1:02pm] ardissone: ilya: any downloading (or other) news from you
[1:03pm] ilya: I'll try to get a couple of keyboard-accessibility patches filed today
[1:03pm] ilya: for the downloads window
[1:03pm] ardissone: k
[1:03pm] ilya: actually, as long as a bunch of us are here, what do people think of https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=472709 ?
[1:03pm] ilya: there are some objections to cmd-o
[1:04pm] ilya: is everyone happy with cmd-down arrow?
[1:04pm] ardissone: pinkerton: ^^^
[1:04pm] pinkerton: looking
[1:08pm] ardissone: ilya: (did you ever look into the can't drag more than one item bug?)
[1:08pm] ilya: which is that?
[1:09pm] pinkerton: i'm fine with cmd-downarrow
[1:09pm] ardissone: looking
[1:09pm] pinkerton: it's what the finder uses
[1:09pm] ardissone: ilya: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=461901
[1:09pm] ilya: yeah, finder uses both cmd-o and cmd-downarrow
[1:10pm] jeff left the chat room.
[1:10pm] ardissone: sounds like cmd-down-arrow it is
[1:10pm] ilya: k
[1:10pm] ardissone: has anyone thought more about bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=452557
[1:10pm] ardissone: (toggle for text zoom/default keystrokes)
[1:10pm] ilya: ardissone: I'll take a look at that
[1:12pm] ilya: I'm all for adding that
[1:13pm] ilya: if that's the question
[1:14pm] ardissone: well
[1:14pm] ardissone: we need to come back to it next week, i guess
[1:14pm] ardissone: one ominous thing
[1:15pm] ardissone: Ts on boxset and minus has been steadily creeping up since breakpad
[1:16pm] ardissone: (possibly cb-x1, too, but it's not as noticeable if so)
[1:17pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else this week?
[1:19pm] ardissone: ok, then; sorry about late start/running long
[1:19pm] ardissone: everyone have a good week and work on those patches and reviews :)
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox