Status Meetings:2009-04-29:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[01:58am] You were promoted to operator by chanserv.
[01:58am] You changed the topic to "http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2009-04-29:Agenda".
[12:05pm] hendy joined the chat room.
[12:05pm] hendy was promoted to operator by you.
[12:06pm] kreeger-office joined the chat room.
[12:06pm] kreeger-office was promoted to operator by you.
[12:06pm] smorgan joined the chat room.
[12:06pm] smorgan was promoted to operator by you.
[12:07pm] ardissone: wonders if murph is coming today
[12:09pm] ardissone: well, first order of business
[12:09pm] ardissone: 99% sure i won't be here next week, so someone else will have to run things 
[12:10pm] ardissone: next up
[12:10pm] ardissone: everyone please open your 2.0b2 or newer to http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2009-04-29:Agenda
[12:11pm] ardissone: nothing new on the 2.0b2 crashes front
[12:12pm] ardissone: we only had ~half as many this week
[12:12pm] smorgan: b3 should help boost our numbers 
[12:12pm] ardissone: haha
[12:13pm] ardissone: we've been out 2 months now
[12:13pm] ardissone: unfortunately, our last two features aren't ready yet
[12:13pm] ardissone: Breakpad keeps moving closer, but Tabsposé does not
[12:14pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else on b2?
[12:15pm] ardissone: 1.6.7
[12:15pm] ardissone: also lower number of crashes in the past week
[12:16pm] ardissone: if we ever get ss back from firedrills, it would be interesting to correlate that with pings
[12:16pm] ardissone: we had a couple of comments from people telling us how much they loved Camino
[12:17pm] ardissone: in the 1.6.7 crashes
[12:17pm] ardissone: which was a nice change of pace from being screamed at over crashes in plugins and hacks 
[12:18pm] ardissone: i think since the last meeting cl has figured out round 2 of the "cookies won't show" bug
[12:18pm] ardissone: we landed a work-around everywhere
[12:18pm] ardissone: and then discovered it appears to be a 10.4 bug
[12:19pm] ardissone: so that'll go in 1.6.8
[12:19pm] ardissone: in a month or so
[12:19pm] murph joined the chat room.
[12:19pm] ardissone: anything else on 1.6.x?
[12:19pm] murph was promoted to operator by you.
[12:21pm] ardissone: summer of code
[12:22pm] ardissone: smorgan: have you heard any more from our student?
[12:22pm] ardissone: jeff even shows up once every couple of days to ask about him 
[12:23pm] smorgan: We've exchanged a couple of emails, but I gather he's still in the thick of classes
[12:23pm] ardissone: ok
[12:24pm] ardissone: i guess it is only late April...
[12:24pm] ardissone: Camino 2
[12:24pm] ardissone: murph: phishing news?
[12:26pm] murph: ardissone: Unfortunately I got busy here, and I'm still due to refresh the safe browsign bar patch
[12:27pm] murph: I'll make sure to have that in by the end of this week though
[12:27pm] ardissone: you saw the review request from hendy, too?
[12:27pm] murph: oh, yes I did, that I'll take care of real soon
[12:28pm] murph: sorry for the delay hendy
[12:28pm] ilya joined the chat room.
[12:28pm] ilya was promoted to operator by you.
[12:29pm] ardissone: smorgan: security exceptions and breakpad?
[12:31pm] smorgan: I haven't had time to fix up the exceptions, but will this week
[12:31pm] smorgan: breakpad is teetering on the edge of much better
[12:32pm] ardissone: hehe
[12:32pm] ardissone: next update gets us comments, right?
[12:32pm] smorgan: Once my build finishes and I sanity check it, I'll be an sr away from landing the new UI, comment support, uptime support, timeout disabling, etc.
[12:32pm] smorgan: It should
[12:32pm] smorgan: I haven't tested in the Camino context, but I will
[12:32pm] ardissone: awesome
[12:33pm] smorgan: Then we'll mostly just need symbols and an upstream debug and fix of the doesn't-alway-show problem
[12:33pm] ardissone: is it smart enough to halt text entry at the # of characters accepted?
[12:33pm] smorgan: ardissone: not yet, no
[12:34pm] smorgan: That may happen soon though
[12:34pm] ardissone: cool
[12:34pm] ardissone: that makes comments much more useful 
[12:34pm] smorgan: Well, hopefully most people will take the size of the box as a hint not to write an essay
[12:35pm] ardissone: i guess talkback's was bigger, wasn't it?
[12:35pm] smorgan: Dunno, it's been a long time since I've seen it
[12:35pm] pinkerton joined the chat room.
[12:35pm] pinkerton was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:36pm] ardissone: yeah, i'll have to look 
[12:36pm] ardissone: anywya
[12:36pm] smorgan: Hopefully symbols are almost done too
[12:36pm] ardissone:
[12:36pm] smorgan: We won't know until we have an account and can flip it on for the tinderbox
[12:36pm] ardissone: mhm
[12:36pm] ardissone: did you ever figure out url?
[12:36pm] smorgan: ?
[12:36pm] smorgan: Oh
[12:37pm] smorgan: No, I haven't looked at that
[12:37pm] ardissone: should i file a bug on that?
[12:37pm] smorgan: yes please
[12:37pm] ardissone: will do
[12:37pm] smorgan: I haven't looked at the log stuff either
[12:38pm] ardissone: k
[12:38pm] pinkerton: sr done
[12:38pm] ardissone:
[12:39pm] ardissone: assuming it passed, that means the tab dragging perf patch is good to go
[12:40pm] ardissone: which will let us see if the 10.4 bugs still exist
[12:40pm] ardissone: um
[12:40pm] ardissone: pinkerton: you just sred the one smorgan poked you about?
[12:40pm] pinkerton: yes
[12:41pm] ardissone: misunderstood
[12:41pm] ardissone: the rest of your queue would appreciate some love, too, when you aren't dragging chromium tabs 
[12:42pm] pinkerton: ok
[12:42pm] pinkerton: hey, i'm trying to make the code reusable 
[12:43pm] ardissone: ilya's two are small, i think; i don't remember about murph's tab dragging perf one
[12:43pm] ardissone: heh
[12:43pm] ardissone: hendy: not an awesome week for your patches, was it?
[12:43pm] hendy: no  
[12:44pm] hendy: but i should get a new version of the utf-8 one out soon
[12:44pm] hendy: and i can produce one for Text Only Zoom not long after that
[12:45pm] ardissone: hopefully we can grab sam soon after the MoCo workweek ends to figure out what boxset didn't like
[12:45pm] ardissone: notes this is why tinderboxen need to report to tinderbox 
[12:46pm] ardissone: and you're looking at CBSamplePane, too, right?
[12:46pm] hendy: yes, i'm putting together some notes
[12:46pm] ardissone:
[12:47pm] ardissone: let's jump to ilya quickly and then back to Zoom
[12:47pm] hendy: ok
[12:47pm] ardissone: ilya: besides the patches waiting for sr, anything new?
[12:47pm] ilya: mmm, school's been keeping me a bit busy this week
[12:48pm] ilya: should be getting back to the multi-drag patch this weekend
[12:48pm] ardissone: k
[12:48pm] ardissone: ok
[12:49pm] ardissone: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=452557
[12:50pm] ardissone: what does everyone feel about this?
[12:51pm] ardissone: no one has been adamantly opposed to it
[12:51pm] ardissone: (this == making Cmd-+/- exither Text or Content zoom depending on a menu toggle)
[12:52pm] ilya: thinks it's a good idea
[12:53pm] pinkerton: sure
[12:53pm] ardissone: well there we go
[12:54pm] hendy: righto, i'll get a patch together.
[12:54pm] ardissone: only 8 months to reach a decision! :)
[12:54pm] ardissone: sounds good, then
[12:55pm] ardissone: looks forward to the lack of EOMB arguments :P
[12:55pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else on 2.0?
[12:56pm] smorgan_ joined the chat room.
[12:56pm] smorgan_ was promoted to operator by you.
[12:57pm] ardissone: oh
[12:57pm] ardissone: hendy: were you thinking about looking at the about:Crashes follow-up, too?
[12:58pm] hendy: putting the localized strings into with Javascript? Sure.
[12:58pm] ardissone: :)
[12:58pm] ardissone: noticed you cced yourself to a bunch of bugs one day
[12:59pm] ardissone: ok
[12:59pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else at all?
[1:00pm] ardissone: alrighty then
[1:00pm] ardissone: everyone have a good week and work on those patches and reviews :D
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox