Status Meetings:2009-07-01:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[11:57am] You were promoted to operator by chanserv.
[11:57am] cl was promoted to operator by you.
[11:57am] dan was promoted to operator by you.
[11:57am] hendy was promoted to operator by you.
[11:57am] You changed the topic to "http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2009-07-01:Agenda".
[12:05pm] murph joined the chat room.
[12:05pm] murph was promoted to operator by you.
[12:07pm] pinkerton joined the chat room.
[12:07pm] pinkerton was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:07pm] pinkerton: sorry
[12:07pm] pinkerton: having this at lunchtime EDT is a recipe for fail 
[12:07pm] ardissone: heh
[12:07pm] smorgan joined the chat room.
[12:07pm] smorgan was promoted to operator by you.
[12:08pm] ardissone: ok
[12:08pm] ardissone: everyone open your Cm2.0b3 or newer to http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2009-07-01:Agenda ;0
[12:09pm] ardissone: the news on the crash front is that we had fewer crashes again
[12:09pm] ardissone: b3's now been out a month
[12:09pm] ardissone: generic Flash is still king
[12:10pm] ardissone: then the unknown objc_msgSend | -[NSApplication sendEvent:] 
[12:10pm] ardissone: then Flash+Exposé
[12:10pm] ardissone: then an objc exception in the appshell
[12:11pm] ardissone: and new this week, nsObjectFrame::PaintPlugin(nsIRenderingContext
[12:11pm] ardissone: which i think is mostly the buggy-as-crap "Firefox PDF Plugin"
[12:11pm] pinkerton: heh
[12:12pm] pinkerton: we should have had the SoC student to PDF rendering
[12:12pm] pinkerton: s/to/do
[12:12pm] pinkerton: is it too late to buy another? 
[12:12pm] ardissone: haha
[12:12pm] ardissone: well, Manfred finally released a version of his that works on Intel and is compatible with Camino
[12:13pm] ardissone: still has the same bugs, plus 2-fingered scrolling doesn't work, but it doesn't crash
[12:14pm] ardissone: anyway, without plugin blocklisting support in camino, the most we can do there is say "don't do that" 
[12:15pm] ardissone: anyone else have 2.0b3 items?
[12:16pm] ardissone: on 1.6.8, crashes are down a bit, too
[12:17pm] ardissone: Flash is still #1, but it's only 25% of our crashes this week as opposed to 33% last week 
[12:18pm] ardissone: the #2 crash concerns me some; it's in Gecko
[12:18pm] ardissone: nsObjectFrame::NotifyContentObjectWrapper
[12:18pm] ardissone: but, uh, it's also plugins 
[12:18pm] ardissone: so i dunno if something in the security release regressed it
[12:19pm] ardissone: ss: ^^^ for when you come back
[12:19pm] ardissone: or if a new plugin version is triggering it, or what
[12:19pm] ardissone: anything else on 1.6.x?
[12:21pm] pinkerton_ joined the chat room.
[12:21pm] pinkerton_ left the chat room. (Quit: pinkerton_)
[12:21pm] ardissone: ok
[12:22pm] ardissone: dan: SoC updates? 
[12:22pm] ardissone: besides "waiting on pink" 
[12:22pm] pinkerton_ joined the chat room.
[12:22pm] pinkerton_: whee
[12:22pm] pinkerton_ was promoted to operator by you.
[12:22pm] dan: Well, still working on coming up with a fix for merging redirected sites in history. Made some progress, mostly just trying to learn mozilla stuff
[12:23pm] ardissone: 
[12:24pm] dan: is that the scary face?
[12:24pm] pinkerton left the chat room. (Ping timeout)
[12:24pm] ardissone: something like
[12:24pm] dan: because mozilla is scary
[12:25pm] dan: The solution is going to be something like keeping track of redirects on the side
[12:26pm] dan: But otherwise I'm just trying to upload one last patch for superreview but my internet just won't cooperate. The only reason I'm online right now is becaus I'm not home  
[12:27pm] ardissone:
[12:27pm] ardissone: evil internet
[12:28pm] dan: evil comcast
[12:29pm] dan: well I'm done
[12:29pm] ardissone: ok 
[12:29pm] ardissone: sounds good, besides all the evil and scary 
[12:29pm] ardissone: on to the 2.0 stuff
[12:29pm] kreeger joined the chat room.
[12:30pm] ardissone: smorgan: any updates on josh's patch or breakpad follow-ups or other stuff?
[12:30pm] smorgan: Nope, I was on vacation most of the week
[12:30pm] ardissone: we did notice you were missing 
[12:31pm] pinkerton_: dang 
[12:32pm] ardissone: you, too, pink, but that's always the case 
[12:32pm] pinkerton_: w3rd
[12:32pm] ardissone: murph: cjk, safebrowsing, ?
[12:32pm] pinkerton_: oh, i misread and thought you said you *didn't* notice.
[12:33pm] ardissone: nope 
[12:33pm] pinkerton_:
[12:33pm] murph: CJK is what I've been after mostly,
[12:33pm] ardissone: "#camino no adult supervision"
[12:33pm] murph: Trying to reproduce and make sure I solve the one last issue phillipe has noticed
[12:34pm] murph: thanks for clearing up my all.js question 
[12:34pm] ardissone: np
[12:34pm] ardissone: wrt to safebrowsing, after the patches in flight, the major UI before turning on/prefPane is reporting, right?
[12:35pm] ardissone: (we have some "make the look not suck" bugs, but they aren't critical to the UI behavior)
[12:36pm] murph: yes I believe that's right, that is, you mean reporting URLs that aren't in the database?
[12:36pm] ardissone: mhm
[12:37pm] murph: ok, yeah.  That should be relatively simple, were you envisioning a menu item for it?
[12:37pm] hendy: Firefox has 'em in the Help menu
[12:37pm] ardissone: i thought so, yes, but hadn't given too much thought yet
[12:38pm] murph: ok, well I'll get on that as soon as the CJK thing is figured out
[12:39pm] ardissone: and i think after that, while we're polishing the colors and whatnot, we'll start phase II of the "begging google" process
[12:39pm] ardissone: hendy: zoom, utf-8, menu validation,  ?
[12:40pm] murph: hehehe, good idea!  crossing my fingers there 
[12:40pm] hendy: zoom needs a new patch for review (just adding a few comments, etc)
[12:40pm] hendy: menu validation is awaiting review
[12:41pm] hendy: as is one of the utf-8 patches
[12:41pm] hendy: i'm going to work on the rest of the utf-8 bugs while all that's happening
[12:42pm] hendy: plus zoom increments
[12:42pm] ardissone: i realized this morning that i need to tag a bunch of your and murph's bugs as 2.0 bugs so the query is more accurate 
[12:42pm] hendy: i think all my bugs are 2.0 bugs
[12:44pm] ardissone: could be
[12:44pm] kreeger was promoted to operator by you.
[12:44pm] ardissone: um
[12:44pm] hendy: once those are all done, i want to tackle some of the rest of the i10n bugs
[12:44pm] ardissone:
[12:45pm] ardissone: no sign of jeff recently again
[12:46pm] ardissone: the other 2.0 news is that our designer is starting work on the 2.0 website refresh
[12:46pm] ardissone: sam of course scheduled it so he'd be away on vacation as it began  
[12:46pm] ardissone: i don't have anything more to report on that
[12:47pm] ardissone: anyone else have anything else on 2.0?
[12:49pm] ardissone: on the Camino.next front, i'm basically ready for branching
[12:50pm] ardissone: i plan on holding off until we have dan's patches to land to put off the cross-commit and deviation-between-branches as long as possible 
[12:50pm] ardissone: but once that happens, i'll set aside an evening and we'll branch
[12:50pm] smorgan: looks significantly at pinkerton_
[12:50pm] ardissone: and hopefully be up and running the next morning
[12:50pm] pinkerton_: oh i've got srs?
[12:51pm] ardissone:
[12:51pm] pinkerton_: i'll try to get to them shortly
[12:51pm] ardissone: pinkerton_: you ARE the sr queue 
[12:51pm] smorgan: And you'll have another one from dan once his internet behaves
[12:51pm] pinkerton_: k
[12:51pm] dan: should be ready in a couple hours
[12:51pm] smorgan: pinkerton_: is your feed broken, or is RSS just not edgy enough for you any more? 
[12:52pm] ardissone: haha
[12:52pm] ardissone: need a tweeting sr queue 
[12:53pm] pinkerton_: smorgan: i haven't been looking at reader for a while
[12:53pm] pinkerton_: sorry 
[12:54pm] smorgan: We could try attaching sr requests to golf balls 
[12:54pm] pinkerton_: mmm
[12:55pm] ardissone: on that note, it's been very slow around here this month
[12:55pm] ardissone: the summer heat is affecting our sprint to b4
[12:55pm] ardissone:
[12:56pm] cl: my work/workout schedule is affecting our sprint to b4 
[12:56pm] ardissone: lots of people still love us, though
[12:57pm] ardissone: anyone else have anything else about anything today?
[12:58pm] cl: pinkerton_: re your earlier comment: having this in the middle of the workday period is a recipe for fail 
[12:58pm] pinkerton_: heh
[12:58pm] pinkerton_: though if it weren't i probably would forget 100% of the time 
[12:59pm] ardissone: it's the middle of *night* in NZ and hendy manages to make it regularly ;) :P
[12:59pm] cl: yeah, but most of you have intertubes at work
[12:59pm] cl: my office doesn't have a hardline :P
[1:00pm] ardissone: (that's dedication--or insanity, not quite sure which ;) )
[1:00pm] pinkerton_: "sorry jo, i have to stop watching ice road truckers with you, it's time for an irc meeting"
[1:00pm] cl: pff, that's what DVR is for! :D
[1:00pm] cl: geeks everywhere need a device that allows them to DVR time with the SO
[1:00pm] cl: we could get a lot more done that way :P
[1:01pm] ardissone: ok then
[1:01pm] ardissone: you may now stop DVRing this meeting
[1:02pm] ardissone: everyone have a good week, happy 4th for the American crew, and do mind those patches and queues ;)
[1:02pm] pinkerton_: :)
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox