Status Meetings:2009-08-26:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[02:23am] You were promoted to operator by ChanServ.
[02:23am] You changed the topic to "http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2009-08-26:Agenda".
[10:42am] cl joined the chat room.
[12:00pm] smorgan joined the chat room.
[12:20pm] ardissone: bleh
[12:20pm] You are now known as ardissone|feeding.
[12:20pm] smorgan was promoted to operator by you.
[12:20pm] cl was promoted to operator by you.
[12:21pm] kreeger-office joined the chat room.
[12:21pm] kreeger-office was promoted to operator by you.
[12:22pm] ardissone|feeding: pink? no pink?
[12:28pm] smorgan: he'll be here in a sec
[12:28pm] ardissone|feeding: k
[12:28pm] ardissone|feeding: everyone go ahead and open http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2009-08-26:Agenda in your 2.0b3 or newer
[12:29pm] ardissone|feeding: b3 crashes
[12:29pm] ardissone|feeding: two items of note
[12:29pm] ardissone|feeding: http://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/4dcc91bf-069f-4402-9fbc-a0e0a2090813 is keychain again
[12:29pm] ardissone|feeding: and all but the first one of these seem to be tab dragging 
[12:29pm] ardissone|feeding: http://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/list?product=Camino&version=Camino%3A2.0b3&platform=mac&query_search=signature&query_type=contains&query=&date=&range_value=2&range_unit=weeks&do_query=1&signature=_class_getMethodNoSuper
[12:30pm] ardissone|feeding: (the first one is likely UnifyCamino)
[12:30pm] smorgan: I have to leave in about 15 mins, so if there's anything you need me for we should front-load it.
[12:30pm] ardissone|feeding: look at those crashes, please 
[12:30pm] smorgan: First one is the one we have filed, isn't it?
[12:30pm] smorgan: (the keychain one)
[12:31pm] ardissone|feeding: i didn't think so
[12:32pm] ardissone|feeding: i see nothing of the sort, either under keychain or crash
[12:32pm] mento joined the chat room.
[12:32pm] smorgan: Okay, file a bug and assign to me then I guess
[12:32pm] ardissone|feeding: ok
[12:32pm] ardissone|feeding: mento!
[12:33pm] mento: smorgan made me do it
[12:33pm] smorgan: No idea what that other one is offhand...
[12:33pm] ardissone|feeding: haha
[12:33pm] You are now known as ardissone.
[12:34pm] ardissone: file it?
[12:34pm] smorgan: Sure
[12:35pm] ardissone: k
[12:35pm] ardissone: so, that's all for 2.0b3, other than a note that it ships with a JEP that crashes on 10.6 
[12:35pm] ardissone: 1.6.8 had no talkback reports submitted in the past 2 weeks
[12:36pm] ardissone: so i suspect that's end-of-the-line for the talkback server
[12:36pm] ardissone: 1.6.9 is today
[12:36pm] ardissone: no dan today; SoC ended two weeks ago Fri
[12:36pm] ardissone: would be nice for him to do a wrap-up with us at some point
[12:37pm] smorgan: We're still working through perf of the big patch, but it's converging
[12:37pm] ardissone:
[12:37pm] ardissone: he was here yesterday, and i saw he's posted a new patch on the loc bar icons
[12:37pm] ardissone: Camino 2/b4
[12:38pm] ardissone: today was supposed to be code freeze
[12:38pm] ardissone: except i don't think there was any change in the blocker items/features in the last two weeks 
[12:38pm] ardissone: smorgan: any news on breakpad URLs or key blackhole, though?
[12:39pm] smorgan: No, I've been crazy busy. I'll poke josh about the key stuff today though
[12:39pm] ardissone:
[12:39pm] smorgan: Is the 2.0b4 flag list correct?
[12:39pm] ardissone: also remind me this afternoon to poke you about some of the image-only bugs
[12:40pm] ardissone: probably not quite
[12:40pm] ardissone: i don't have all the deps of the utf-8 fixes in there
[12:40pm] pinkerton joined the chat room.
[12:40pm] pinkerton was promoted to operator by ChanServ.
[12:40pm] mento was promoted to operator by you.
[12:40pm] pinkerton: sorry, got sidetracked on a perf regression
[12:41pm] ardissone:
[12:41pm] pinkerton: (and cc'ing stuart on our dinner plans 2nite)
[12:41pm] ardissone: we have utf-8 and zoom that are the big items
[12:41pm] ardissone:
[12:41pm] pinkerton: smorgan: see i didn't forget you!
[12:41pm] smorgan:
[12:41pm] ardissone: and then a bunch of little things to do, like remove useless .properties files
[12:42pm] ardissone: which i'll get too once i'm un-backlogged
[12:42pm] ardissone: pinkerton: 1.6.9 today, fyi
[12:42pm] smorgan: I'm out, so pink is tagged in for decisions
[12:42pm] smorgan left the chat room. (Quit: smorgan)
[12:42pm] ardissone: ok
[12:43pm] pinkerton: ok
[12:43pm] pinkerton: ship it!
[12:43pm] ardissone: murph's not here, but safebrowsing has one code bug left: bug  508727:  Disable the "Report Phishing Page…" menu item when safebrowsing is off
[12:43pm] ardissone: so that's good
[12:44pm] kreeger-office is now known as kreeger.
[12:44pm] ardissone: we have an icon bug that philippe's on, and then the website stuff which i've had in-progress
[12:44pm] ardissone: still no sign of jeff
[12:45pm] ardissone: people are starting to complain about the lack of keyboard access, though
[12:45pm] ardissone: (tabsposé)
[12:45pm] ardissone: no hendy, so no updates on the utf-8 and zoom blockers 
[12:46pm] ardissone: Gecko strings is mostly useless removal at this point, but there are a handful i guess i'll need to test
[12:48pm] ardissone: we've had no feedback on the new tabs from 10.4 people, so hopefully they look OK there
[12:49pm] ardissone: need sam and stuart to look at the divider line and see if it satisfies them; then it can land
[12:49pm] ardissone: we also need to make a call on the new "up"
[12:49pm] ardissone: sam promised the new dl window icons
[12:49pm] kreeger left the chat room. (Quit: kreeger)
[12:50pm] ardissone: i don't know he'll get to them before he leaves for September 
[12:50pm] ardissone: so that's the story of 2.0/b4; we're close, but no closer than two weeks ago 
[12:51pm] ardissone: oh, we're also adding Slovenian in 1.6.9
[12:51pm] ardissone: still looking for a new Portuguese team/leader
[12:52pm] ardissone: so 2.0 is probably going to lose that one
[12:52pm] ardissone:
[12:52pm] pinkerton: with SL coming out and being so cheap, i expect lots of 10.4 folks to upgrade
[12:53pm] ardissone: mmm
[12:53pm] cl: what about all the old PPC users? 
[12:53pm] ardissone: pinkerton: you've seen no problems with us on them?
[12:53pm] ardissone: s/them/it/
[12:53pm] ardissone: someone reported we always launched in the bg
[12:54pm] pinkerton: i haven't fired up my 10.4 PPC box in at least 2 years
[12:55pm] ardissone: heh
[12:55pm] ardissone: donate it to the Camino Tinderbox Society 
[12:55pm] ardissone: pinkerton: but you've seen no problems on SL?
[12:56pm] pinkerton: i use this SL laptop so infrequently, i'm still running like 1.6. 5 on it
[12:56pm] ardissone: ah
[12:56pm] pinkerton: i can pull down beta3 if you want and try it
[12:56pm] ardissone: yeah, that'd be useful
[12:57pm] pinkerton: k i will
[12:57pm] pinkerton: doing so now
[12:57pm] ardissone:
[12:58pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else on 2.0 or b4 (besides "ship it", which i've been trying to do for a month, were it done  )?
[12:59pm] pinkerton: looks ok so far on SL
[12:59pm] ardissone:
[12:59pm] ardissone: don't use Java; it will crash 
[1:00pm] pinkerton: bm bar looks lighter than the surrounding toolbar and tabs tho
[1:00pm] pinkerton: but we were tinkering with that right?
[1:00pm] ardissone: b3 doesn't have the new tabs/bmbar UI
[1:00pm] ardissone: yeah
[1:00pm] pinkerton: that's what i thought
[1:00pm] ardissone: i assume the new stuff looks better
[1:02pm] ardissone: ok, anyone have anything else?
[1:02pm] pinkerton: nope
[1:02pm] ardissone: ok then
[1:03pm] ardissone: ordinarily i'd saw work on your bugs
[1:03pm] ardissone: but other than me, no one here has bugs :(
[1:03pm] pinkerton: heh
[1:03pm] pinkerton: glad i'm not holding up the sr queue ;)
[1:03pm] pinkerton: (or am i and nobody told me)
[1:03pm] ardissone: you have 1
[1:03pm] pinkerton: heh ok i'll look
[1:03pm] ardissone: it's smorgan, so he could have poked you
[1:04pm] ardissone: ;)
[1:04pm] ardissone: anyway, everyone have a good week, and nice to see both pink and mento :D
[1:04pm] mento: yes, good week
[1:05pm] ardissone: and if you're bored, we do have bugs ;)
[1:05pm] pinkerton: sr queue clear
[1:05pm] ardissone: pinkerton: ty
[1:05pm] ardissone: that's all, folks!
[1:06pm] cl left the chat room. (Quit: back to work, flying to CID and then CMH)
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox