Status Meetings:2009-09-02:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[02:29am] You were promoted to operator by ChanServ.
[02:29am] You changed the topic to "http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2009-09-02:Agenda".
[02:29am] cl|zzz was promoted to operator by you.
[11:21am] cl|zzz is now known as cl.
[11:50am] murph joined the chat room.
[12:01pm] hendy joined the chat room.
[12:06pm] hendy was promoted to operator by you.
[12:06pm] murph was promoted to operator by you.
[12:06pm] You are now known as ardissone|foraging.
[12:06pm] smorgan joined the chat room.
[12:06pm] pinkerton joined the chat room.
[12:06pm] pinkerton was promoted to operator by ChanServ.
[12:06pm] smorgan was promoted to operator by you.
[12:06pm] ardissone|foraging: brb
[12:11pm] kreeger joined the chat room.
[12:11pm] kreeger was promoted to operator by you.
[12:11pm] ardissone|foraging: ok
[12:11pm] ardissone|foraging: everyone please open http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2009-09-02:Agenda in your 2.0b3 or newer
[12:11pm] pinkerton: grabs food
[12:12pm] ardissone|foraging: after only 5 days in the wild, we have a new king of the crashers
[12:12pm] ardissone|foraging: good ol' Java 
[12:13pm] ardissone|foraging: Flash crashes are down a good bit, which I hope means people are upgrading to the new Flash that fixed the CFReadStream or whatever crash
[12:14pm] ardissone|foraging: there's another 10.6-only crash that's pretty common; it hits on startup reading fonts
[12:14pm] ardissone|foraging: didn't seem to be a bug on it, so i filed https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=514114
[12:15pm] ardissone|foraging: also appears to only affect 1.9.0, so the likelihood of it getting fixed seems low 
[12:16pm] ardissone|foraging: lots and lots of one-off sigs this week
[12:16pm] ardissone|foraging: i'm hoping they're not all new 10.6 crashes
[12:17pm] ardissone|foraging: (or if they are, they're just unsymbolized versions of other crashes)
[12:17pm] ardissone|foraging: anyone have anything else on b3?
[12:18pm] ardissone|foraging: want to jump to 1.6.x first
[12:18pm] ardissone|foraging: we released 1.6.9 a week ago today
[12:18pm] ardissone|foraging: crash numbers are way down
[12:19pm] ardissone|foraging: i don't know how to interpret that
[12:19pm] pinkerton: i saw some people on feedback bitching about the 169 upgrade
[12:19pm] ardissone|foraging: what didn't they like?
[12:19pm] pinkerton: like crazy ranting stuff
[12:19pm] ardissone|foraging: oh
[12:19pm] smorgan: One was the complaining about not doing session-saving
[12:19pm] smorgan: Which I have basically done and just need to test
[12:20pm] smorgan: One was complaining about not doing binary patching
[12:20pm] pinkerton: yeah
[12:20pm] smorgan: I don't think there was anything actually related to 1.6.9 itself
[12:20pm] ardissone|foraging: ok
[12:20pm] pinkerton: ok, wasn't sure if something specific brought out the extra crazies in the upgrade process this time
[12:21pm] ardissone|foraging: hehe
[12:21pm] ardissone|foraging: on 1.6.9 the topcrashers are all the ususal suspects, just way down
[12:21pm] pinkerton: someone else did say that unless we stopped changing their home page, they were going to sue us
[12:21pm] ardissone|foraging: yeah, heard about that one, too
[12:21pm] pinkerton: good times!
[12:22pm] ardissone|foraging: and then some crazy core function at startup: nsString::RFindChar
[12:22pm] ardissone|foraging: the other news is that per sam's insistence, we're going to disable java in 1.6.10 on 10.6
[12:22pm] ardissone|foraging: because we can't land a fixed JEP because it doesn't support 10.3
[12:23pm] ardissone|foraging: and 1.6 is destined to be 10.3-only very soon
[12:23pm] ardissone|foraging: (and take special care not to re-enable it for pink in the upgrade process)
[12:23pm] pinkerton:
[12:23pm] kreeger left the chat room. (Quit: kreeger)
[12:24pm] ardissone|foraging: anyone have anything else on 1.6.x?
[12:24pm] smorgan: I'll do my best to get that written this week
[12:25pm] ardissone|foraging: hopefully by the time it's done we'll have a tree for it to land on 
[12:25pm] ardissone|foraging: on to 2.0!
[12:26pm] ardissone|foraging: math says we have 10 bugs to deal with for 2.0b4, as long as we don't add any more improvements to placate feedback 
[12:26pm] ardissone|foraging: (one being relnotes)
[12:27pm] ardissone|foraging: the big things are zoom increment, the new upgrade session-saving
[12:27pm] ardissone|foraging: can we aim to have everything done/dealt with by next meeting?
[12:27pm] ardissone|foraging: or is everyone else travelling this weekend, too?
[12:28pm] smorgan: Session saving will be, certainly (or it'll be cut)
[12:28pm] murph: zoom increment can definitely make that deadline 
[12:29pm] ardissone|foraging: so let's say the freeze is Wed and code/review to that end 
[12:29pm] ardissone|foraging: murph: how is that coming?
[12:30pm] murph: I should have no trouble with that, I first wanted to update the menu item disabling patch
[12:30pm] murph: which is in now
[12:30pm] ardissone|foraging: in for sr, right?
[12:30pm] murph: yes
[12:31pm] smorgan: I srd it
[12:31pm] ardissone|foraging:
[12:31pm] ardissone|foraging: and that's the last real safebrowsing bug, excecpt the disclaimer thing
[12:32pm] ardissone|foraging: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=451875
[12:32pm] ardissone|foraging: can we figure out if we're fine?
[12:32pm] smorgan: I'm not sure who we ask
[12:33pm] ardissone|foraging: do we collectively think we've met the requirements?
[12:33pm] ardissone|foraging: how picky has google been?
[12:33pm] ardissone|foraging: e.g., safari shows nothing iirc
[12:33pm] ardissone|foraging: the only mention is in the legalese you have to dig into the bundle for
[12:34pm] ardissone|foraging: (iirc)
[12:34pm] smorgan: My feeling is that if we explain the limitations everywhere we tell users about the feature, that's the intent
[12:34pm] ardissone|foraging: but they may have a separate agreement
[12:34pm] ardissone|foraging: ok, and we do that (aside from what may be in the relnotes)
[12:34pm] ardissone|foraging: pinkerton: your thoughts?
[12:35pm] pinkerton: where does firefox put it?
[12:36pm] smorgan: (Also, I feel like the website and the prefs together are "conspicuous")
[12:36pm] ardissone|foraging: i believe it's in their first-run bar that you don't have to view the content of, now that they're EULA-less
[12:37pm] ardissone|foraging: (that is, they have a bar that comes up at first run with buttons to show you your "rights" but you don't have to show the page to close the bar)
[12:37pm] ardissone|foraging: ss: ^^^ ?
[12:37pm] You are now known as ardissone.
[12:38pm] ss: We don't have to do that.
[12:38pm] ss: Burying it in the EULA does no one any good (if such a EULA still existed).
[12:38pm] ss: I think we're fine.
[12:38pm] ardissone: ok
[12:39pm] ardissone: we're all in agreement (pink)?
[12:39pm] pinkerton: i'm ok
[12:39pm] ardissone: OK 
[12:39pm] ardissone: i'll FIXED that bug
[12:39pm] ardissone: smorgan: any news on the cocoa widget key blackhole?
[12:40pm] ardissone: greatcaffiene was asking about delete last night
[12:40pm] smorgan: I poked josh, but I don't know if he's actually looking at it again
[12:40pm] ardissone: ok
[12:41pm] ardissone: we believe bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=461106 Focus lost after closing Tabsposé can be fixed w/o nib changes?
[12:42pm] ardissone: i think that's the worst tabsposé bug (with the tab grid not being accessible #2)
[12:42pm] smorgan: I would expect that to be a code-only change
[12:42pm] ardissone: ok
[12:43pm] ardissone: smorgan: breakpad URLs post-b4?
[12:43pm] ardissone: or is that close enough to make b4?
[12:43pm] smorgan: Hard to say; depends on how much time I end up having
[12:43pm] smorgan: I'll try
[12:44pm] ardissone: k
[12:44pm] ardissone: hendy: basically the fonts tab is the only b4? thing left on your plate, right?
[12:44pm] hendy: yeah
[12:45pm] hendy: i'll work on it as soon as i get camino to build on 10.6
[12:45pm] ardissone: smorgan: no objections to taking the resizing stuff?
[12:46pm] smorgan: Resizing on tab switch?
[12:46pm] ardissone: yeah
[12:46pm] smorgan: Sounds a bit weird, but I haven't played with it. If it's the best option, I guess not
[12:46pm] ardissone: it's that or we leave Advanced in
[12:47pm] ardissone: it is a bit weird at first, but i've gotten used to it already 
[12:47pm] smorgan: k
[12:47pm] smorgan: It's not like people will be spending a lot of time there anyway
[12:47pm] ardissone: ok
[12:47pm] smorgan: So if it's slightly odd it's not a big deal
[12:48pm] ardissone: ss: what about those downloads window icons?
[12:48pm] ardissone: any time for that before you leave?
[12:50pm] ardissone: i'll try to find some time for testing the last Gecko strings, but i'll be pretty tight through freeze 
[12:50pm] ardissone: no complaints yet on the new tabs on 10.4
[12:50pm] ardissone: but maybe everyone is still on b3
[12:50pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else on b4?
[12:51pm] ss: Not sure if I'll have time.
[12:51pm] ardissone: k
[12:52pm] ardissone: in case you haven't noticed, we lost cb-xserve01
[12:52pm] ardissone: it apparently freezes when it tries to do work
[12:52pm] ardissone: IT is looking into it
[12:53pm] ardissone: but for the moment, we're building 2.0b4pre nightlies only, and 2.1perf, on a 1.42 GHz G4 mini!
[12:54pm] ardissone: august was a month for our boxen 
[12:54pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else on anything?
[12:56pm] pinkerton: not me
[12:56pm] ardissone: :)
[12:56pm] smorgan: No feature to drop on us? ;)
[12:56pm] pinkerton: sorry :(
[12:57pm] ardissone: ok then, everyone please have a good week and patch/review those 2.0b4 bugs so we can ship!
[12:57pm] pinkerton left the chat room.
[12:57pm] smorgan: Ship it!
[12:57pm] hendy left the chat room.
[12:57pm] smorgan left the chat room.
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox