Status Meetings:2009-09-09:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[02:16am] You were promoted to operator by ChanServ.
[02:16am] You changed the topic to "http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2009-09-09:Agenda".
[02:16am] cl|zzz was promoted to operator by you.
[07:11am] cl|zzz is now known as cl.
[07:13am] cl left the chat room. (Quit: back to work -- DFW, CVG, then ORD)
[12:08pm] kreeger joined the chat room.
[12:08pm] kreeger was promoted to operator by you.
[12:10pm] kreeger left the chat room. (Input/output error)
[12:17pm] smorgan joined the chat room.
[12:20pm] smorgan: Did I miss the meeting, or is everyone else late too?
[12:20pm] ss: Everyone's late.
[12:20pm] ardissone: everyone else is late, too 
[12:20pm] smorgan was promoted to operator by you.
[12:20pm] ardissone: where late means "are they coming at all?" 
[12:21pm] pinkerton joined the chat room.
[12:21pm] pinkerton was promoted to operator by ChanServ.
[12:21pm] pinkerton: sorry, juggling 40 different things
[12:21pm] ardissone: heh
[12:22pm] smorgan: pinkerton: if you need more, there are some sr?'s for b4 
[12:22pm] pinkerton: k
[12:23pm] ss: We should finish the meeting before the keynote. 
[12:23pm] ardissone: oh, the rock and roll event
[12:24pm] ardissone: so
[12:24pm] ardissone: http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2009-09-09:Agenda
[12:24pm] ardissone: lots of people apparently visit pages with Java 
[12:24pm] ardissone: far and away the topcrash in b3
[12:25pm] ardissone: also, some webcam + Flash is causing a number of crashes on 10.6 
[12:25pm] ardissone: go go crappy hardware 
[12:25pm] ardissone: otherwise nothing interesting crashwise on the aged b3
[12:26pm] ss: Probably just iSight
[12:26pm] ss: The Flash apps that call into webcams aren't very good.
[12:26pm] ardissone: "Sonix SN9C201 WebCam"
[12:26pm] ss: Oh, but no, yeah...
[12:26pm] ss: Nevermind then.
[12:26pm] ardissone: yesh
[12:26pm] ardissone: er, yeah
[12:27pm] ardissone: on 1.6.9, i cursed talkback enough that it started working again 
[12:27pm] ardissone: so we have regular reports as before
[12:27pm] ardissone: nothing terribly interesting there
[12:28pm] ardissone: for 1.6.10 we'll disable java on 10.6
[12:28pm] ardissone: that's all we have for that so far
[12:28pm] ardissone: toying with shipping it as soon as smorgan's code is in, but not sure if i'll be up for it
[12:29pm] ardissone: on the b4 front
[12:29pm] ardissone: today is our scheduled freeze
[12:30pm] ardissone: we're about halfway there if pink can add some srs to his collection of juggling items
[12:30pm] ardissone: but i think we can hit Friday
[12:31pm] pinkerton: i'll try
[12:31pm] pinkerton: on my todo list now
[12:31pm] ardissone: if i get some time or if someone can help out with checking l12y of those last files
[12:31pm] smorgan: I guess I should see if we need a new Sparkle rev
[12:31pm] ardissone: heh
[12:31pm] ardissone: no crashing this time, please 
[12:32pm] smorgan: Hopefully not
[12:32pm] smorgan: Although I guess if l10n is upstreaming Sparkle stuff, it's not frozen after b4
[12:32pm] ardissone: on safebrowsing, the only code bug left is trying to figure out if we can make the tooltip work on 10.5+
[12:33pm] ardissone: where apple's search field has broken the menu 
[12:33pm] ardissone: smorgan: any news about the widget key blackhole since last week 
[12:34pm] smorgan: I poked josh again, but no word. I'll probably have to try writing a new version
[12:34pm] ardissone: k
[12:34pm] pinkerton: brb
[12:34pm] smorgan: Wow, that was eerie
[12:34pm] ardissone: ?
[12:34pm] smorgan: He just IM'd me saying he started working on it again
[12:35pm] ardissone: wow
[12:35pm] ardissone:
[12:35pm] ardissone: submitting urls, in pink's queue, is the last bit of breakpad we want/need
[12:36pm] ardissone: well, bug  488618:  Have breakpad scrape the Console for relevant log entries would be nice, too
[12:36pm] ardissone: but it's an enh over Talkback, for sure
[12:37pm] ardissone: session-saving on swupdate is in pink's queue, too
[12:37pm] ardissone: hendy said last night he's working on the last issues philippe and i uncovered with the Appearance prefPane behavior
[12:38pm] ardissone: utf-8 stuff is done for 2.0; the regression was fixed
[12:38pm] ardissone: (and was really an old bug the changes uncovered)
[12:38pm] ardissone: zoom
[12:39pm] ardissone: smorgan: why don't we check in 0.15 now, and if murph shows up today/tomorrow with a tested set of values, we can replace it then
[12:39pm] ardissone: otherwise, 0.15 starts getting testing now
[12:39pm] ardissone: since we know we don't want the current behavior
[12:39pm] smorgan: k, I'll do that this evening
[12:39pm] ardissone: no sense in keeping it 
[12:40pm] ardissone: there are 14 files that haven't yet been tested in the Gecko strings is-this-used-or-not stack
[12:41pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else on 2.0b4/2.0?
[12:42pm] smorgan: I'm looking forward to saying "ship it" for real :)
[12:42pm] ardissone: :)
[12:43pm] ardissone: thanks to some combined efforts, cb-x1 is back and working again on all branches
[12:43pm] ardissone: and has talkback on 1.6.x
[12:44pm] ardissone: so we could ship 1.6.10 after stuart's code went in, if we wanted ;)
[12:45pm] smorgan: It's next on my list now that the b4 stuff is done
[12:45pm] ardissone: :)
[12:46pm] ardissone: we did fix some bugs last week, but fewer than before
[12:47pm] ardissone: can be expected with the holiday and all, i suppose :)
[12:47pm] ardissone: anyone else have anything else on anything else?
[12:49pm] ardissone: ok then
[12:49pm] ardissone: let's shoot for freezing Friday, then
[12:51pm] ardissone: everyone have a good week and work on those 2.0b4 (super)reviews and patches :)
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox