Status Meetings:2009-11-18:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[12:04pm] You were promoted to operator by ChanServ.
[12:04pm] You changed the topic to "http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2009-11-18:Agenda".
[12:04pm] cl was promoted to operator by you.
[12:04pm] hendy was promoted to operator by you.
[12:04pm] smorgan joined the chat room.
[12:04pm] smorgan was promoted to operator by you.
[12:04pm] kreeger joined the chat room.
[12:05pm] kreeger was promoted to operator by you.
[12:05pm] You are now known as foraging.
[12:05pm] pinkerton: ship it!
[12:05pm] foraging: er
[12:05pm] You are now known as ardissone|foraging.
[12:06pm] ardissone|foraging: sam says today, but not by the end of meeting
[12:06pm] pinkerton: damn the torpedos! ship it!
[12:06pm] pinkerton: helpful, aren't i?
[12:06pm] ardissone|foraging: s/torpedos/website/ 
[12:06pm] pinkerton: do we know that autoupdate is once again working?
[12:06pm] ardissone|foraging: yes
[12:07pm] ardissone|foraging: well, i didn't actually update, but i got the up-to-date messages instead of errors 
[12:08pm] pinkerton: ok
[12:08pm] ardissone|foraging: pinkerton: are you going to have a blog post (you know, that old-fashioned, >140chars, communication method) for this afternoon?
[12:09pm] pinkerton: yes, just let me know and i'll write something
[12:09pm] ardissone|foraging: know what?
[12:09pm] ardissone|foraging: that we're live?
[12:10pm] ardissone|foraging: everyone have http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2009-11-18:Agenda open?
[12:10pm] pinkerton: yes
[12:10pm] ardissone|foraging: k
[12:11pm] ardissone|foraging: ok
[12:12pm] ardissone|foraging: 2.0rc
[12:12pm] ardissone|foraging: rcing for 3 weeks on update, less the 1.5 update was dead 
[12:13pm] ardissone|foraging: the delay (plus poking krmathis) did buy us norwegian
[12:13pm] ardissone|foraging: so we'll have en+13
[12:13pm] ardissone|foraging: Polish to follow, hopeflly by 2.0.1
[12:13pm] pinkerton: lol
[12:14pm] ardissone|foraging: his mac has been in the shop for months 
[12:14pm] ardissone|foraging: the website is almost there
[12:14pm] ardissone|foraging: sam is working on some graphics and wants me to clean up some text
[12:15pm] ardissone|foraging: but we're on for this afternoon
[12:15pm] pinkerton: afternoon pst or est?
[12:15pm] pinkerton: just trying to get a feel
[12:16pm] ardissone|foraging: i think 2ish pst
[12:16pm] pinkerton: k
[12:16pm] ardissone|foraging: we'll just miss east coast work folks 
[12:16pm] cl: does ilya have to be the one who takes that 10.6+growl screenshot?
[12:16pm] cl: (I don't have 10.6, but I'm sure someone else here does.)
[12:16pm] ardissone|foraging: ilya doesn't have 10.6, either
[12:17pm] ardissone|foraging: the 10.5 vs 10.6 desktops are not that different, i don't think
[12:17pm] ardissone|foraging: ilya was just first to mind
[12:17pm] cl: if he doesn't show up by the end of meeting let me know and I'll do it
[12:17pm] ardissone|foraging: ok
[12:18pm] pinkerton: i have 10.6 on my laptop, but i dont' think it has to be 10.6
[12:18pm] ardissone|foraging: just not 10.4 
[12:18pm] ardissone|foraging: turns out we didn't have to borrow any Flash crashes crashes from Chromium after all
[12:19pm] ardissone|foraging: Flash still won, but the fonts thing was 18% of our crashes last night
[12:19pm] ardissone|foraging: jdaggett got a patch in yesterday evening
[12:20pm] ardissone|foraging: so 2.0.1 will have the fix, and we can point people to the nightlies (or just tell them to remove corrupt fonts  )
[12:20pm] ardissone|foraging: it also appears that 10.6.2 fixed the open/save dialogue crashes
[12:20pm] ardissone|foraging: they've completely stopped growing, and no-one with 10.6.2
[12:21pm] ardissone|foraging: GD vs form controls are still there, but again at a low rate
[12:22pm] ardissone|foraging: the fun unknown crash is starting to make a comeback, but still nothing helpful there 
[12:22pm] ardissone|foraging: another "1P kills the toolbar" crash; i annotated the old crash report on it to make it easier to track going forward
[12:22pm] ardissone|foraging: hopefully 1P will just fix themselves
[12:23pm] ardissone|foraging: anything else on 2.0?
[12:23pm] ss: Ship it!
[12:23pm] cl: indeed
[12:24pm] ardissone|foraging: haha
[12:25pm] ardissone|foraging: 1.6.brokenrecord
[12:25pm] ardissone|foraging: brokenrecord, brokenrecord, brokenrecord
[12:25pm] ardissone|foraging: for 1.6.11, plan is to fix some more bugs and then ship as EOL release with next Gecko 1.8.1.x release
[12:26pm] pinkerton: we are still getting "thank you for supporting panther" emails on feedback
[12:26pm] ardissone|foraging: how many?
[12:26pm] pinkerton: not that i want to continue, i just wanted to mention it
[12:26pm] smorgan: Soon we'll get hatemail instead 
[12:26pm] pinkerton: i've seen several this week
[12:27pm] ardissone|foraging: huh
[12:27pm] ardissone|foraging: ok
[12:27pm] smorgan: I'll try to get to 1.6.11 this week, but no promises
[12:27pm] ardissone|foraging: k
[12:27pm] ardissone|foraging: i don't think there's any rush yet
[12:27pm] ardissone|foraging: the next 1.9.0.x release is set for mid-Dec, though
[12:28pm] ardissone|foraging: we have a bunch of noms
[12:28pm] ardissone|foraging: i have one more crazy idea to try about the error pages l10n before tossing in the towel
[12:29pm] ardissone|foraging: anyone have anything else on 1.6.x or 2.0.1?
[12:30pm] ardissone|foraging: ok
[12:31pm] ardissone|foraging: on the 2.1 front
[12:31pm] ardissone|foraging: smorgan: have you heard from dan recently?
[12:31pm] smorgan: Nope, no word
[12:31pm] ardissone|foraging:
[12:32pm] ardissone|foraging: i've added a few things to the possible list
[12:33pm] ardissone|foraging: but we need to try and make this a much quicker turn-around
[12:33pm] cl: ardissone|foraging: you and hendy and I talked the other night about possibly trying to make 2.1 a Gecko 1.9.1 build. Is that still a possibility?
[12:34pm] ardissone|foraging: it depends on what it looks like
[12:34pm] hendy: if we can get the build system working, i don't see why not
[12:34pm] smorgan: And assuming it works
[12:34pm] cl: I think we should set that as the major goal of 2.1, other than dan's stuff.
[12:35pm] ardissone|foraging: yeah, we don't know if embedding still works, etc.
[12:35pm] cl: pending further investigation, of course -- if it's going to take as much work as going to 1.9.3 or m-c would, there's no point
[12:35pm] ardissone|foraging: hendy getting history off of Mork will let us better investigate the situation
[12:36pm] hendy: just need to get HistoryDataSource to use places queries
[12:36pm] ardissone|foraging: >1.9.1 also has the focus rewrite, which is going to be nasty
[12:36pm] ardissone|foraging: we know we don't even build because of that, and that's just a mess to untangle
[12:37pm] smorgan: FYI: I won't be fighting Core bug battles going forward; I'm done with that
[12:38pm] hendy left the chat room. (Quit: Leaving.)
[12:38pm] ardissone|foraging: anyway, the other thing to think about for 2.1 is moving to a 10.5 buildhost
[12:39pm] ardissone|foraging: anyone have anything else on 2.1?
[12:40pm] ardissone|foraging: on the bugs and queues front, been very slow since the freeze
[12:41pm] ardissone|foraging: hendy's about:config patch needs a reviewer
[12:42pm] cl: oh, right, i sort of forgot about that
[12:42pm] ardissone|foraging: cl volunteers?
[12:42pm] cl: i can look into that later today
[12:43pm] ardissone|foraging: s/?/./
[12:43pm] ardissone|foraging: good
[12:45pm] ardissone|foraging: anything else from anyone?
[12:46pm] pinkerton: awesome job on 2.0 folks
[12:46pm] pinkerton: i can't wait!
[12:46pm] ardissone|foraging: :)
[12:48pm] ardissone|foraging: ok then
[12:48pm] ardissone|foraging: everyone have a good week, work on those 2.0.1 bugs/reviews, and on shipping 2.0 ;)
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox