Status Meetings:2009-12-16:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[12:20pm] You were promoted to operator by ChanServ.
[12:20pm] cl was promoted to operator by you.
[12:21pm] smorgan was promoted to operator by you.
[12:21pm] You changed the topic to "http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2009-12-16:Agenda".
[12:21pm] pinkerton joined the chat room.
[12:21pm] pinkerton was promoted to operator by ChanServ.
[12:21pm] ardissone: ok
[12:21pm] pinkerton: late start
[12:21pm] ardissone: yes :(
[12:22pm] ardissone: first up, are we meeting next week 23 Dec?
[12:22pm] pinkerton: (says the guy who's always late)
[12:22pm] pinkerton: i won't be around
[12:23pm] cl: i very likely won't be
[12:23pm] ardissone: i may or may not; not clear yet
[12:23pm] ardissone: hendy's on the farm until the new year
[12:23pm] ardissone: so sounds like a "no"
[12:24pm] ardissone: smorgan can meet with himself, if he feels like it ;)
[12:24pm] ardissone: how about the 30th?
[12:24pm] smorgan: Won't be here
[12:24pm] pinkerton: i still won't be around
[12:25pm] ardissone: ok, we'll reconvene after the new year :)
[12:25pm] ardissone: on the 2.0.1 crashes front
[12:25pm] ardissone: Flash has dropped slightly, but it's still 32% of all crashes
[12:26pm] ardissone: I poked the nsNativeThemeCocoa crash
[12:26pm] ardissone: this is déjà vu
[12:27pm] ardissone: it's almost the exact same crash as bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=461715 and https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=458961
[12:27pm] ardissone: slightly different place where those crashed, but really the same thing
[12:27pm] ardissone: 10.4-only, off-screen surface
[12:28pm] ardissone: smorgan: did you get all the null/lifetime checks you wanted on the patch that went in for that?
[12:28pm] ardissone: (in bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=458961)
[12:29pm] smorgan: As far as I remember
[12:30pm] ardissone: k, so it's something/somewhere else :(
[12:30pm] smorgan: Or I just don't remember
[12:30pm] smorgan: It was a year ago
[12:32pm] ardissone: the NSApp sendEvent crash has jumped back into things; it's the odd one where only main is on the stack
[12:32pm] ardissone: i'd love to believe it's https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=470159 too but i don't know how with no Gecko showing up
[12:33pm] ardissone: after that we have the CFQSortArray crash and then the DivX + autorelease crash
[12:34pm] ardissone: and then a whole lot of little things
[12:35pm] ardissone: Also, we need to make it clear to the opt-build folks that they are not supposed to be building with MOZILLA_OFFICIAL
[12:35pm] cl: i thought we *had* made that clear, multiple times :P
[12:35pm] ardissone: i don't want their breakpad reports
[12:35pm] pinkerton: heh
[12:36pm] ardissone: not clear enough, it seems :/
[12:36pm] cl: have you PMed or e-mailed richard about the latest one?
[12:36pm] ardissone: anyone else have anything on 2.0?
[12:38pm] ardissone: i queued up a mail last night but didn't grab his address
[12:38pm] cl: k
[12:38pm] ardissone: i'll do that today, and then post a topic in the forum
[12:39pm] ardissone: on 2.0.2 stuff, i haven't poked the netError stuff again
[12:39pm] ardissone: cl has been wrestling with the formatter for the Flashblock whitelist
[12:40pm] cl: yeah, i could use a hand with that if anyone's going to be around in-channel after the meeting
[12:41pm] ardissone: anything else about 2.0.2?
[12:43pm] ardissone: on the 1.6.x front, Talkback hasn't been accepting reports, so our number of PPC users-based-on-crashes has been undercounting :P
[12:43pm] ardissone: but hopefully the number of reports there continues to be very low
[12:43pm] ardissone: for 1.6.11, there's an issue
[12:44pm] pinkerton: yay talkback!
[12:44pm] ardissone: everything of ours has landed, except the cert error text color stabilization
[12:44pm] ardissone: yeah; can you believe we used to rely on it? :P
[12:44pm] ardissone: but
[12:45pm] ardissone: everyone and their brother has been posting about some old critical vuln in Gecko 1.8.1
[12:46pm] ardissone: the bugs are blocking 1.8.1.next, but there are no 1.8.1-patches yet (one case is in NSPR)
[12:46pm] ardissone: and 1.8.1.24 is not yet scheduled
[12:47pm] ardissone: so if we want to fix known remote code execution vulns for 10.3.9 users before we cut them off, we have to wait indefinitely
[12:48pm] ardissone: anyone else have anything on 1.6.x?
[12:50pm] ardissone: on the 2.1 front, hendy's been working on about:config CM and is going to try and work on deMorkification over the holidays
[12:50pm] ardissone: ilya should be available to poke downloads bugs again shortly
[12:51pm] pinkerton: cool
[12:51pm] ardissone: other than that, not much going on there yet, either
[12:51pm] ardissone: pinkerton: you have one bug in your sr queue
[12:52pm] pinkerton: oh ok, i'll take a look
[12:52pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else this week?
[12:54pm] pinkerton: not from me
[12:54pm] ardissone: ok then
[12:55pm] ardissone: everyone work on those 2.1 bugs and reviews and have a great end of the year :)
[12:55pm] ardissone: we'll reconvene on 6 Jan
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox