Status Meetings:2010-05-05:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Log from #camino-mtg starting 2010-05-05 15:22:20 -0400

Link to a time in the log by using a URL like http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2010-05-05:Log#12:00

15:22  » ardissone was promoted to operator by ChanServ.
15:22  » ardissone changed the topic to "http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2010-05-05:Agenda".
15:55  » hendy joined the chat room.
15:56  » smorgan joined the chat room.
16:01  » hendy was promoted to operator by ardissone.
16:01  » smorgan was promoted to operator by ardissone.
16:01 ardissone: smorgan: any pink?
16:01 smorgan: nope
16:02  » kreeger-away joined the chat room.
16:02  » kreeger-away was promoted to operator by ardissone.
16:03 ardissone: ok
16:04 ardissone: http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2010-05-05:Agenda
16:04 ardissone: On the crash front
16:06 ardissone: socorro has fixed its reporting language, which accounts for the big drop in # of crashes
16:06 ardissone: the big increases are in the crashes at the top of the list
16:07 ardissone: there's an entirely new topcrasher this week, though
16:07 ardissone: pthread_mutex_lock (related to VLC and Move-Media-Player)
16:07 ardissone: smorgan: is that the one you were asking me about?
16:07 ardissone: or was it some other vlc crash?
16:08 smorgan: I think it was something else, but I don't remember for sure
16:08 ardissone: ok
16:08 smorgan: Oh wait, this is it
16:08 smorgan: Veetle
16:09  » ilya joined the chat room.
16:09 ardissone: ok
16:09  » ilya was promoted to operator by ardissone.
16:10  » David joined the chat room.
16:10 ardissone: i'll double-check to make sure the fx crashes in pthread_mutex_lock are the same stacks and file a bug
16:11 ardissone: and you can chime in with the crbug if you feel so inclined ;)
16:11 ardissone: also on the crashes front
16:11 ardissone: I got a set of symbols from Pierre Rudloff
16:12 ardissone: who has one of those "10.4.11 but module IDs don't match" systems
16:12 ardissone: which will hopefully allow us to cut down on the unresymbolized 10.4.11 stacks :P
16:13 ardissone: related to that
16:13 ardissone: i was working on a one-click (at least for 10.5+) way of doing symbol collection
16:14 ardissone: and hit bug 563579 :(
16:14 smorgan: I'll try to look at the space issue soon
16:14 ardissone: thanks :)
16:16 ardissone: anyone have anything else on 2.0.2?
16:17 ardissone: still waiting for stats from ss on the 1.6.x front
16:17 ardissone: on 2.0.3
16:17 ardissone: 2.0.2 was released 10 weeks ago; the last Gecko release was 5 weeks ago
16:18 ardissone: given the docshell crash keeps climbing, we need to get a release out there
16:18 ardissone: was going to ask pink when he thought he'd get to the spotlight patch
16:18 ardissone: were he here ;)
16:19 ardissone: but i think the cutoff is going to be "patches in hand when the spotlight patch gets sr"
16:20 ardissone: we'll let the spotlight patch go in for a couple days, get "fast" reviews on any other patches in hand, and spin
16:20 ardissone: hendy: any updates on Flashblock?
16:20 hendy: sorry, no.
16:20 ardissone: ok
16:21 ardissone: anyone have anything else on 2.0.3?
16:23 ardissone: On to 2.1
16:23 ardissone: philippe filed the main (but not the only) focus-related bug for 1.9.2
16:24 ardissone: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=563321
16:24 ardissone: smaug made some comments in comment 2
16:25 ardissone: which are sort of greek to me
16:26 smorgan: My reading was that someone should fix core
16:26  » David left the chat room.
16:26 ardissone: ok, so we wait for more input?
16:27 smorgan: I think so
16:27 ardissone: (i.e., enn to read his bugmail)
16:27 ardissone: ok
16:28 ardissone: if it were a Camino bug, i'd've have expected bg tabs and a whole host of other things to be broken, I think ;)
16:28 ardissone: anyway, i'll keep an eye on that and poke it next week perhaps
16:29 ardissone: hendy's fix for the most visible autocomplete window bug is in
16:29 ardissone: fixed the problem for the people with really slow Macs on 1.9.0, too :)\
16:30 hendy: woot
16:30 ardissone: or at least one; the other never replied, but since it had been annoying him, too, i'll take the absence of "not fixed!!!!" as "it works!"
16:31 ardissone: we also landed the last of the icon follow-ups from the 2008-2009 "new toolbar icons" :)
16:31 ardissone: Heeboo is still working on the gesture stuff
16:32 ardissone: I have a patch in awaiting josh's review to unregress the print UI l10n
16:32 ardissone: on 1.9.2, it's not localizable by Cocoa or by Gecko :P
16:32 ardissone: I discovered this by accident and am trying to head off screaming l10n teams :P
16:33 ardissone: it's a no-op for Firefox, so hopefully josh won't object
16:35 ardissone: beyond that, i've made some random comments in random bugs :P
16:36 ardissone: anyone have anything else on 2.1 or 1.9.2?
16:38 ardissone: anyone have anything about anything else today?
16:40 ardissone: ok then
16:40 ardissone: everyone please work on 2.0.3 and 2.1 bugs/reviews, and have a good week :)
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox