Status Meetings:2010-05-19:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Log from #camino-mtg starting 2010-05-19 15:28:26 -0400

Link to a time in the log by using a URL like http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2010-05-19:Log#12:00

15:28  » ardissone was promoted to operator by ChanServ.
15:28  » ardissone changed the topic to "http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2010-05-19:Agenda".
16:04  » smorgan joined the chat room.
16:04 smorgan: No pink today
16:05 ardissone: ok
16:05  » smorgan was promoted to operator by ardissone.
16:05  » kreeger joined the chat room.
16:05  » kreeger was promoted to operator by ardissone.
16:06 ardissone: let's wait a few more and see if some others appear
16:10  » mstange joined the chat room.
16:10 ardissone: see if markus wants to come
16:10  » mstange was promoted to operator by ardissone.
16:10 mstange: hi
16:10 ardissone: hi markus :)
16:11 ardissone: but otherwise it's a pretty empty meeting today :P
16:11 ardissone: http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2010-05-19:Agenda
16:11 ardissone: crashes declined some this week
16:12 ardissone: except for the _objc_error thing we think is caused by the swizzling, and the CFQSortArray/10.6+runloop
16:12 ardissone: looking forward to seeing some different crashes next week ;)
16:13 ardissone: haven't heard from Sam in a bit, so I don't know where he is on stats
16:13 ardissone: on 2.0.3, rc2 just came hot off the processors
16:14 ardissone: thanks to pink and smorgan for the quick turn-around on those last few patches :)
16:14 ss: I'll get them today.
16:14 ardissone:  :D
16:14 ardissone: ss! ;)
16:15 ardissone: anything else from anyone on 2.0.x?
16:16 ardissone: ok
16:16 ardissone: on to 2.1
16:16 ardissone: in case anyone missed the news
16:16 ardissone: we have non-dogfoodable nightlies now!
16:16 ardissone: on 1.9.2
16:17 ardissone: thanks to hendy's solving the "tests" issue, aka Gecko doesn't like apppaths with ../ in them any more
16:18 ardissone: the non-dogfoodable part is Bug 533001 ("better" IdleTimerVector hackery)
16:18 ardissone: it's on my list to track down an actual branch driver and poke that
16:18 ardissone: but it's been an unexpectedly busy week for me :(
16:19 ardissone: Bug 560323 tracking other things we really want nightlies to have
16:19 ardissone: the biggest is the Camino/Camino-built binaries symbols issue
16:19 ardissone: which keeps looking nastier every time i poke it
16:20 ardissone: there's some sort of lesson about not poking a snake :P
16:20 ardissone: smorgan poked the key events bug, as promised
16:20 ardissone: josh is on vacation for a bit yet
16:21 smorgan: I'll hound him once he gets back if necessary
16:21 ardissone: he also has my print UI relocalization patch in his queue
16:22 ardissone: mstange said he'd try to look at the print settings patch again today
16:22 mstange: yeah
16:22 ardissone:  :)
16:22 mstange: I think it's just removing two lines, but I crashed when I tried it out some hours ago
16:22 mstange: and then I watched a movie :)
16:22 ardissone:  :(
16:22 ardissone:  ;)
16:23  » ilya joined the chat room.
16:23  » ilya was promoted to operator by ardissone.
16:23 ardissone: i emailed dan and heard from him last night
16:23 ardissone: he's in finals right now
16:23 ardissone: but should be ready to tackle the slow autocomplete again in about 2 wks
16:23 ardissone: it's been bothering him, so :)
16:25 ardissone: http://tinyurl.com/2dopzqs is what we have nominated to block Alpha 1
16:26 ardissone: if there's anything really bad/annoying that you think i've missed, please nominate it
16:27 ardissone: 563321 and 553142 are only-if-alpha-1-is-from-1.9.2
16:27 ardissone: but i think at this point we're close enough that it should be
16:27 smorgan: Yeah, alpha-ing on a different Gecko than we expect to ship seems weird
16:27 ardissone: if we had gotten autocomplete perf fixed months ago, we could have done a 1.9.0 a1, but not now
16:28 ardissone: related to that
16:28 ardissone: smorgan asked last night about turning off Cm2.1-M1.9 builds
16:29 ardissone: i said I think that we need to know that we'll be able to get fixes on 1.9.2 for thorny issues
16:29 ardissone: like focus and key events
16:29 ardissone: before we do it
16:30 ardissone: (and symbols :P )
16:30 ardissone: but, i think, ideally at a1 we should turn off the 1.9-based 2.1 nightlies
16:31 ardissone: do those two things sound reasonable?
16:32 smorgan: SGTM
16:33 ardissone: anyone have anything else on 2.1?
16:35 ardissone: the other thing is that something's wrong on cb-x4
16:35 ardissone: something = vpnd taking 100% of CPU and eating RAM up to 3.6GB before quitting and starting over
16:36 ardissone: this is likely the cause of the adverse effects on Ts starting yesterday
16:37 ardissone: want to have Sam take a look; if he doesn't have any ideas, i guess we kick the bug over to IT and see if they can do something
16:37 ardissone: (Bug 566756)
16:38 ardissone: anyone have anything else today?
16:40 ardissone: ok then :)
16:40 ardissone: we had some real breakthroughs this week :)
16:41 ardissone: everyone please keep on working on those 2.1a1 bugs/reviews, and have a good week :)
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox