Status Meetings:2011-01-05:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Log from #camino-mtg starting 2011-01-05 16:00:46 -0500

Link to a time in the log by using a URL like http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2011-01-05:Log#12:00

16:00  » sauron joined the chat room.
16:00  » ardissone was promoted to operator by ChanServ.
16:00  » sauron was promoted to operator by ChanServ.
16:00  » ardissone changed the topic to "http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2011-01-05:Agenda".
16:01  » smorgan joined the chat room.
16:01  » smorgan was promoted to operator by ardissone.
16:01 ardissone: any pink?
16:02  » pinkerton joined the chat room.
16:02 ardissone: moof
16:03  » pinkerton was promoted to operator by ardissone.
16:04 ardissone: it looks like it's just us today :P
16:04 ardissone: http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2011-01-05:Agenda
16:04 ardissone: yay, we made it to 2011
16:05 ardissone: on 2.0.6 crashes, good news/bad news
16:05 ardissone: Flash 10.0 dwindling, Flash 10.1 up
16:06 ardissone: KBL crash dropped way down, but new ATSUI font enumeration crash jumped to the top spot
16:06 ardissone: the former was conceivably fixable, the latter is likely not :(
16:07 ardissone: we had two new LastPass-related BWC tabView:didSelectTabViewItem crashes this period, but no emails
16:08 ardissone: smorgan: did the lastpass people give you any sense of when/if they might release a fix?
16:08 smorgan: I forget; I'd have to dig up the email
16:09 ardissone: ok
16:09 smorgan: Does it autoupdate, or are we at the mercy of users?
16:09 ardissone: i have no idea
16:09 ardissone: luckily it seems to be a pretty low-grade crash :)
16:09  » pinkerton left the chat room.
16:10 ardissone: how are our flash stats lately?
16:10 smorgan: Just looking that up now... 2.0 for yesterday is 78% latest, 6% latest-1
16:11 ardissone: that seems down a bit, I think?
16:11 smorgan: 2.0.6 is 86% latest, 4% latest-1
16:11 ardissone: oh, maybe I was remembering those numbers
16:12  » pinkerton joined the chat room.
16:12 smorgan: 2.0.6 is about the same as 2 weeks ago, 2.0 is better
16:12  » pinkerton was promoted to operator by ardissone.
16:12 ardissone: ok
16:12 ardissone:  :)
16:12 smorgan: (2.0 was 73/10)
16:12 ardissone: well, at least we can get them to update their Flash, if not their Camino :P
16:12  » pinkerton left the chat room.
16:12  » pinkerton joined the chat room.
16:12  » pinkerton was promoted to operator by ChanServ.
16:12 ardissone: moof
16:13 ardissone: that's really all I have on crashes and 2.0.6; pretty much everything's out of our control
16:14 ardissone: when i get a chance I'll see if I can see what happened to KBL
16:14 ardissone: maybe all those users left :(
16:15 ardissone: i didn't get to stats last night because I spent 6hrs resurrecting cb-x1 instead :P
16:16 ardissone: but, on the other hand, we have working 10.4 tinderbox and 2.0.x nightlies :D
16:16 ardissone: for the first time in over a month
16:17 ardissone: I don't think there's really anything else new for 2.0.7, either
16:17 ardissone: anyone else have anything for 2.0.x?
16:18 ardissone: On to 2.1, then
16:18 smorgan: ship it!
16:18 ardissone: stuart and pink gave us new year's presents of patches and reviews!
16:19 ardissone: and, you know, a working location bar :D
16:19 ardissone: which is really awesome
16:19 pinkerton: i still have 1 in my q
16:19 ardissone: yes, we're sneaky that way ;)
16:20 ardissone: when you empty it, we start filling it again
16:20 ardissone: i, on the other hand, had a largely Camino-free last several weeks
16:20 ardissone: i did look into FAYT again
16:21 ardissone: the status is that on 1.9.1 where we initially disabled it, it needed a 2-line deCOM change to build
16:21 ardissone: on 1.9.2, it needs that plus some FocusManager love
16:22 smorgan: I saw that go by; if it's down to just FM I can take a look
16:22 ardissone: to build; maybe more FM love to work
16:22 ardissone: yeah, all the errors I got were FM-change-related
16:23 ardissone: the comment in the bug should be self-explanatory
16:23 ardissone: hopes
16:23 ardissone: in terms of a1
16:24 ardissone: we have the other half of gestures, and no response from murph in some time
16:24 ardissone: and the other bug where the testcase is gone
16:24 smorgan: I'd be okay shipping a1 without zoom and getting it back later
16:25 smorgan: But maybe that's because I don't use it :)
16:25 ardissone: ok
16:25 ardissone: heh
16:25 ardissone: has a gestureless Mac, so…
16:25 ardissone: let's minus those two
16:26 ardissone: also release notes, which will take a bit to work up, because at some point i got distracted by other work and stopped keeping a running log
16:26 ardissone: also, need to figure out how minibranching/tagging work in hg
16:27 ardissone: and get by-tag support working in madhatter
16:27 ardissone: so we can't freeze and ship today
16:27 ardissone: or even this week
16:28 ardissone: hopefully by end-of-next-week, time permitting
16:28 smorgan: Well, we'll take what we get before then, but not hold for anything else
16:28 ardissone: right
16:28 ardissone: and it will give the focus and autocomplete changes some more time to shake out
16:29 ardissone: hendy was planning on coming back after the new year; not sure if anyone's seen him
16:30 ardissone: the r queue is still a problem; ilya, hendy, and smorgan all have 2 patches waiting
16:30 smorgan: I'm hoping to get to mine soon
16:30 ardissone: ok :)
16:30 smorgan: Now that I'm back from vacation and not blocking a1
16:30 ardissone:  :)
16:31 ardissone: i haven't seen ilya around since i've been back, so i'll try to ping him
16:33 ardissone: I'm hoping we'll see cpeterso again soon and he'll take care of https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=613833 since that's pretty noticeable now that we're using the right (bolder) color
16:33  » g4bittin joined the chat room.
16:34 ardissone: and i still have some patches in flight, but i've forgotten most of what i figured out for them, so i probably won't get back to them until after we have a1
16:34 ardissone: unless i really need a break from perl :P
16:35 ardissone: someone posted in the forum today about learning Cocoa/Obj-C and helping with development
16:35 ardissone: I posted a hopefully-encouraging reply
16:36 ardissone: let's see
16:36 ardissone: talked cb-x1 already
16:37 ardissone: still a couple of open server-migration bugs because I keep finding new things :P
16:37 ardissone: but otherwise the new server has been, knock on wood, very happy since sam's friend tweaked things :)
16:38 ardissone: anyone have anything else today?
16:40 ardissone: ok then
16:41 ardissone: everyone work on those 2.1/a1 bugs/reviews and have a good rest of the first week of the new year :D
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox