User:Sardisson/Add-on System APIs
From Camino Wiki
The following are rough ideas about APIs we should expose to add-ons in a future profile-located Cocoa bundle add-on system.
- Pluggable external bookmark collections
- Support for including an external bookmark source as a collection, including adding/renaming/removing bookmarks, using as Dock menu, and location bar autocomplete
- Theme source
- Make a new object that all our code asks for images, and allow plug-ins to register their own
- A demo for this this could be a Graphite theme
- Toolbar icons
- Currently the only supported way to add a toolbar icon is a toolbar script (which the user has to choose to add to the toolbar); current hack-based add-ons try to hack their icons into the toolbar, which results in crashes.