User:Sardisson/Camino Crash Reporter
From Camino Wiki
Issues found in pre-release Google Breakpad client in Camino
Client sometimes won't appear after a crash (try testcase in this bug, URL/comment 0 in this bug) - Bug 490670
- So far does seem to write a dump in spite of not appearing
- cl has also reproduced this on PPC
- smorgan can repro reliably on first crash after reboot
- Apple and Mozilla both display progress spinners while sending and don't simply vanish
- All have a 0. prepended to the actual or incorrect version, e.g. AppKit 0.949.43.0 instead of 949.43 (CFBundleVersion)
- Binaries with otherwise-correct versions are setting
DYLIB_CURRENT_VERSION; see, e.g., Sparkle
- Some have blatantly incorrect versions, e.g.
- Filed issue 321 to cover the blank/0.0.0.0 case
See QA:Crash Reporting and Analysis#OS Symbols for the links to OS symbol manifests that used to be on this page.
Which ones to get?
- Need to get symbols for OS libraries, frameworks, and plug-ins (which ones?)
- QuickTimeComponents (/S/L/QT/QTcomponents.component)
- Flash Player
- vImage (is this part of the OS?)
- input methods (?)