Website:Documentation Changes for 2.1
From Camino Wiki
Instead of having to go through all of cb.o/support and finding what needs to be changed (ugh), this page will be an on-going list of changes that need to be made due to checkins since 2.0.
- Disabling plug-ins:
- To disable a plug-in:
- First find its name: choose “Installed Plug-Ins” from the “Help” menu and look for the name of the desired plug-in in big, bold text, e.g. “Shockwave Flash”.
- Then visit
about:configand set the
camino.disabled_plugin_nameshidden preference to a unique prefix made up from the start of the plug-in name, e.g. “Shockw”.
- Additional plug-ins can be disabled by separating the prefix strings with semicolons (
- The plug-ins are disabled immediately in any and all windows and tabs.
- To disable a plug-in:
- inline autocomplete text refers only to history currently
- DNS prefetch prefs (Bug 493474; applies only to new tab/window
- disable autocomplete?? - "browser.urlbar.autocomplete.enabled" to false - this pref isn't new; no reason to add it now
- "network.manage-offline-status" to false to turn off auto-offline - wait-and-see
- web app storage "don't ask" pref aka universally allow Bug 529918 - wait-and-see, no real-world use yet
Removal of "Always use my page and link colors" from UI; flip "browser.display.use_document_colors" to false to break sites.
- Color management hidden pref has changed to "gfx.color_management.mode" (default 2, "tagged graphics only") 
- Reuse window for external changed to browser.link.open_external; 1 for reuse.
- Remove status bar user defaults, since there's UI now
- Remove the special 2.1 CSS classes in hiddenprefs
- Need updated pop-up blocker screenshot because of new location bar 
- Update disable Java note (off by default)
- Update disable plug-ins note to mention pref for specific plug-ins
- Update ad-blocking note to mention overriding ad-blocking
Privacy & Security
- May need to update for new certerror page - nope, seems OK
Need new location bar screenshot 
search CM new tab/window change
- SSL default engines
Audit to make sure Cmd-click and external links both default to tabs now.
- Need new screenshot because of new location bar 
- Update plug-in versions - we only mention versions where necessary now
Needs new section for disabled/blocked plug-ins (URLs in Bug 626142)
- http://caminobrowser.org/documentation/setup/#pages_broken - update part about "Always use my colors" which is gone from the UI, but could still be set.
- Remove the special 2.1 CSS classes
Update all search plug-ins
- Online mode?
- Simple UI-less Gecko extensions?
- Mention autocomplete somewhere in docs???
Other website changes for 2.1
- Press will need new Downloads screenshot
Features will need new Downloads+Growl screenshot - pulled
- Features will need autocomplete screenshot + mini version
- (load all default bookmarks to get site icons, then put up a few tabs, then search on "Apple")
Fix versions.js/ua-messages* to handle 2.1 and 2.1rc1 properly (see Bug 699335)