This document is a look at where Camino is headed for its next three major releases as well as security releases on the current branch. It also outlines what branches Camino uses/will use.
Yes, we're still not done. Camino 0.8.5 will be released just after Mozilla 1.7.13 and Firefox 1.0.8 are released. It will be the final security/stability release of Camino off the MOZILLA_1_7_BRANCH as well as the final version for Mac OS X 10.1.
Tracking bug is
Camino 1.0 is based on the MOZILLA_1_8_0_BRANCH, however, a new branch was created for it prior to release to land Camino-specific changes that weren't able to land on the mozilla branch. The final branch for Camino 1.0 is the CAMINO_1_0_BRANCH.
All subsequent Camino security and stability releases based on Camino 1.0 will be made off the MOZILLA_1_8_0_BRANCH. Changes allowed within the Camino module include those involving stability, security, localization, and regressions from the 0.8.x releases. No changes to Camino may break Mac OS X 10.2 support as this release will be the last to support that OS.
The current release is Camino 1.0.2, which was released June 20th.
Camino 1.1 will be made off the MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH. What follows is a basic outline of where we want to go for this release, based on Sam's roadmap. Keep in mind, this is an outline and always subject to change.
- Save Session State - bug 152147
- Location Bar Cleanup/Improvement
- Overall Menus Cleanup (tracking bug 328173) - bug 151093, bug 181978, bug 197720, bug 271943, bug 272171, bug 275170, bug 279686,
bug 295776, bug 312904, bug 319408
- Implement Keychain Services - bug 172842, bug 177941, bug 179672, bug 178607, bug 187720, (maybe bug 202337)
- Session Cookies - bug 174070, bug 318574,
- Software Update - bug 185436
- Sync Services Support - bug 228123, (maybe bug 285340)
- Private Browsing - bug 251677
- Basic RSS support - bug 316232
- Flashblock - bug 295755
- Support 10.3+ / Drop 10.2 support - bug 311840
- Make Google Search Bar Resizeable -
- Add access to Mac OS X global spelling checkers (
Bug 151040) will probably land for 1.1
needs checkin (manually populated query)