Status Meetings:2006-12-13:Log

From Camino Wiki
Revision as of 14:45, 13 December 2006 by Murph (Talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
[12:03pm] froodian: everybody point yourself to http://wiki.caminobrowser.org/Status_Meetings:2006-12-13:Agenda
[12:03pm] froodian: 1.1a2 is scheduled for this friday
[12:03pm] froodian: theoretically pending kqueue
[12:03pm] froodian: is that feasible?
[12:03pm] froodian: !summon kreeger & smorgan
[12:05pm] froodian: (although the wiki still says that kqueue is awaiting review, smorgan reviewed it this morning, btw)
[12:06pm] froodian: perhaps a better question is, who other than me is really here? 
[12:07pm] Wevah: i am
[12:07pm] murph: hehe, i'm around, but not much of a help with the kqueue situation  
[12:07pm] Wevah: kind of
[12:08pm] froodian: well, i'm inclined to say meeting adjourned due to lack of critical mass, and 1.1a2 pushed to indeterminate laterdat
[12:08pm] froodian: e
[12:08pm] froodian: anybody disagree?
[12:09pm] kreeger joined the chat room.
[12:09pm] froodian: murph: if you have some review time, feel free to take pretty much anything on https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/request.cgi?action=queue&requester=&product=Camino&type=review&requestee=&component=&group=type
[12:09pm] froodian: the review queues need major loving
[12:09pm] Wevah: froodian: yeah probably, unfortunately
[12:09pm] murph: alright..i'd be glad to.
[12:09pm] Wevah: i need to get on my cvs application
[12:09pm] mento: froodian: i'm here.
[12:09pm] Wevah: i had the bug all filled out and then forgot and closed the window
[12:10pm] murph: thanks for requesting my first review btw froodian  
[12:10pm] froodian: thanks for doing it 
[12:10pm] murph: np
[12:11pm] ardissone|away: i'm here for a bit
[12:11pm] ardissone|away: until we get useful instructions
[12:11pm] ardissone|away:
[12:11pm] ardissone|away: but i think we all know the status
[12:12pm] kreeger: ardissone|away: something about solaris ?
[12:13pm] froodian: ok, everybody think not-swamped-with-other-work thoughts, and we'll resume this line of talk next week
[12:13pm] froodian: unless anybody has anything else they feel needs to be talked about now...
[12:13pm] kreeger: the kqueue patch got a review
[12:13pm] kreeger: ill try and respin it tommorow
[12:13pm] froodian:
[12:13pm] ardissone|away: i'm ready to start +/- 1.0.4 patches
[12:14pm] ardissone|away: any objection to that?
[12:14pm] ardissone|away: s/patches/bugs
[12:14pm] froodian: mento: ^^
[12:14pm] kreeger is now known as kreeger-away.
[12:14pm] kreeger-away was promoted to operator by froodian.
[12:14pm] mento: no objections
[12:14pm] ardissone|away: but 1.0.4 is basically blocked in the password stuff
[12:14pm] ardissone|away: and respinning bookimarks backup
[12:14pm] ardissone|away: and prob KS
[12:15pm] ardissone|away: i can get someone to land all the little bugs, though
[12:15pm] ardissone|away: so that it can be ready when those are
[12:15pm] mento: so no esimate on when to anticipate 104 yet
[12:15pm] mento: and 11a2 on hold
[12:15pm] mento:
[12:15pm] ardissone|away: m,hm 
[12:15pm] ardissone|away: mento: 180branch patches
[12:15pm] ardissone|away: do they need to sr?
[12:16pm] mento: judgment call
[12:16pm] mento: if it's a simple adaptation of a 18 or trunk patch, not really
[12:16pm] ardissone|away: k
[12:16pm] ardissone|away: i'm not sure how simple adaptations Wevah's are
[12:17pm] Wevah: very simple
[12:17pm] ardissone|away: the (null) one is redonkulously simple
[12:17pm] froodian: i'll get on those asap
[12:17pm] ardissone|away: I'll start plussing bugs then
[12:17pm] Wevah: the only difference was that i had renamed the methods earlier on trunk/1.8 branch
[12:17pm] ardissone|away: ok
[12:17pm] Wevah: to be more accurate
[12:18pm] ardissone|away: oh, one more question
[12:18pm] ardissone|away: mento: do we take the EULA fix there
[12:19pm] mento: was the fix a new version of the eula?
[12:19pm] ardissone|away: s/Corp/Found
[12:19pm] ardissone|away: nothing new
[12:19pm] mento: we can take that
[12:19pm] ardissone|away: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=353753
[12:19pm] ardissone|away: k
[12:19pm] • mento is involved with any and all eula changes, i can't keep 'em straight sometimes.
[12:20pm] ardissone|away: heh
[12:20pm] smorgan joined the chat room.
[12:20pm] ardissone|away: oh, now we can grill smorgan 
[12:20pm] smorgan: Sorry, traffic again
[12:20pm] mento: silly pacific time
[12:21pm] ardissone|away: smorgan: news on the keychain autofill stealing?
[12:22pm] smorgan: It sounds like they may be changing course at the FF end; I need to figure out where the real discussion is happening there and see if a decision has really been made
[12:22pm] ardissone|away:  
[12:22pm] ardissone|away: k
[12:22pm] ardissone|away: btw, intel-folks: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=346111 could use some testing when it lands on 1.8.0
[12:22pm] kreeger-away: heh "redonkulously"
[12:23pm] ardissone|away: i don't doubt the patch will fix the bug, but i really can't test, being 10.3.9 and that
[12:25pm] froodian: smorgan: 1.1a2 is on hold, per the discussion before you got here. how close would you say kqueue is?
[12:25pm] froodian: in 90% or time left
[12:26pm] smorgan: kqueue is very close; my comments were fairly small
[12:26pm] froodian: sweet 
[12:27pm] smorgan: Are we holding just for landing and brief testing of kqueue?
[12:27pm] smorgan: Or is there other stuff?
[12:27pm] ardissone|away: the password thing
[12:27pm] smorgan: Hm
[12:27pm] ardissone|away: although if fx is far from a solutuin, maybe not it
[12:28pm] smorgan: I'll have to see if that's realistic for 1.1a2 or not
[12:28pm] ardissone|away: also, getting the zoom fixes would be good
[12:28pm] ardissone|away: mhm
[12:28pm] froodian: and pop-up wrapping would be nice too
[12:28pm] ardissone|away: and ^^^
[12:28pm] froodian: basically, just for kqueue + pink's q
[12:28pm] smorgan: If they are still doing the domain check as a partial fix, we can go ahead with that for now
[12:28pm] smorgan: I'll look into it
[12:28pm] ardissone|away: did smorgan r both zoom patches, or did  it become a combo patch?
[12:29pm] smorgan: I haven't done the second yet; didn't quite have time
[12:29pm] smorgan: I'll look at it tomorrow morning
[12:29pm] ardissone|away: k
[12:29pm] froodian: oh, bug 359662 would be really good too
[12:29pm] ardissone|away: oh, yes indeed
[12:30pm] froodian: since it's a pretty debilitating regression
[12:30pm] ardissone|away: mhm
[12:30pm] smorgan: Yeah, that's high on my list to review
[12:30pm] smorgan: Probably also tomorrow morning
[12:30pm] froodian: coolness 
[12:31pm] smorgan: I'm trying to drain my queue, really I am
[12:31pm] froodian: you've got a lot on your plate 
[12:31pm] ardissone|away: we just keep filling it, which is part of the problem
[12:31pm] ardissone|away: also, the time of year sucks 
[12:31pm] smorgan: Fixes are good
[12:32pm] froodian: yeah, it doesn't help that my main procrastination is fixing camino bugs...
[12:32pm] froodian:
[12:32pm] froodian: alright, anybody have anything else they want to cover today?
[12:32pm] ardissone|away: if anyone feels like making branch patches
[12:32pm] ardissone|away: for bookmarks backup (or KS!), that'd be one less thing for smorgan
[12:33pm] ardissone|away: and would help 1.0.4 along
[12:33pm] smorgan: If anyone else wants to brainstorm popup blocker UI, feel free
[12:33pm] ardissone|away: it'd be good to get either a2 or 1`.0.4 out before the holidays, but we don't want to kill ourselves or do shoddy work....
[12:33pm] smorgan: I really don't think my mock is going to fly
[12:34pm] ardissone|away: i think it's good, with some wording changes 
[12:34pm] smorgan: "Always" is ambiguous at best, misleading at worst
[12:34pm] ardissone|away: Remember
[12:34pm] smorgan: Yeah, I thought about that
[12:34pm] ardissone|away: was my thought for that
[12:35pm] smorgan: I'm not sure it conveys enough all by itself
[12:35pm] smorgan: And it's a bit weird before as Remember
[12:35pm] smorgan: And the whole thing looks weird with it after
[12:35pm] ardissone|away: "Remember my decsions for this site?"
[12:35pm] ardissone|away: ah, the layout
[12:35pm] smorgan: Yeah
[12:35pm] ardissone|away: hrm
[12:36pm] smorgan: So anyway, if <holiday of your choice> brings anyone inspiration, please chime in on the bug 
[12:36pm] smorgan: I'm still trying to kick around ideas too
[12:37pm] murph: i'll check it out..
[12:40pm] ardissone|away: ok, anything else?
[12:40pm] froodian: alright, see you all next week
[12:40pm] ardissone|away: everyone have a good week
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox