Status Meetings:2010-06-30:Log

From Camino Wiki
Revision as of 12:50, 30 June 2010 by Sardisson (talk | contribs) (log)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Log from #camino-mtg starting 2010-06-30 15:38:28 -0400

Link to a time in the log by using a URL like

15:38 » ardissone was promoted to operator by ChanServ.
15:38 » sauron joined the chat room.
15:38 » sauron was promoted to operator by ChanServ.
15:38 » ardissone changed the topic to "".
15:38 » ilya was promoted to operator by ardissone.
15:58 » smorgan joined the chat room.
16:02 » smorgan was promoted to operator by ardissone.
16:02 » hendy joined the chat room.
16:02 ardissone: smorgan: pink?
16:02 » hendy was promoted to operator by ardissone.
16:07 smorgan: Sorry, let me check
16:09 smorgan: Maybe we should start and see if he joins
16:09 ardissone: k
16:09 ardissone:
16:09 ardissone: On the 2.0.3 front, we're 5 weeks in
16:10 ardissone: crashes declined more-or-less across the board this week, which is goog
16:10 ardissone: *d
16:10 ardissone: that used to be typical beyond ~4wks
16:10 ardissone: the disturbing parts:
16:11 ardissone: the Keychain crash is now in the #2 spot
16:11 ardissone: that's bug
16:11 smorgan: I should slog through all the code again
16:11 smorgan: See if I find something I missed the first four times :P
16:11 ardissone: :) :P
16:12 ardissone: i've added some assorted SWAG comments to the bug
16:12 ardissone: -[NSWindow makeKeyWindow] crash has returned :(
16:12 ardissone: some of you may remember it as "Flash fullscreen + Exposé"
16:13 ardissone: from the 2.0 alpha/beta days
16:13 smorgan: 10.0, or 10.1?
16:13 ardissone: hmm, haven't checked
16:14 ardissone: first report is 10.1
16:15 ardissone: i can look through more when i'm not doing crash-analysis just before the meeting ;)
16:15 ardissone: open a new bug on it?
16:15 smorgan: Sure
16:15 ardissone: ok
16:16 smorgan: Speaking of which, do we just need JS for the Flash version check? I forget where we left that
16:16 ardissone: on cbo?
16:16 smorgan: Yes
16:16 smorgan: I just looked at analytics, and 10.1 has about 11% adoption :P
16:16 smorgan: And over 50% are using vulnerable 10.0 versions
16:16 ardissone: we can use the MoCo code, modulo some style rules and something
16:16 ardissone: ew
16:17 ardissone: the MoCo code imports all of YUI for reasons beyond me
16:17 ardissone: that looked unneccessary
16:17 smorgan: Maybe I can play with writing something simple
16:17 ardissone: has the details
16:17 ardissone: of what we've hemmed and hawed about before ;)
16:18 ardissone: yeah, moco used YUI to insert the detection into the MoCo page structure
16:18 ardissone: (comment 9)
16:19 ardissone: but, yeah, if you can play with that, +++ :)
16:20 ardissone: copying from #camino for the record:
16:20 ardissone: [3:42pm] smorgan: ardissone: oh, I have the go-ahead to land the breakpad translations. Are they good as-is, or do they need de-Camino-ifying?
16:20 ardissone: [3:42pm] ardissone: they're good to go
16:20 ardissone: [3:42pm] smorgan: nice
16:20 ardissone: [3:42pm] smorgan: I'll do that soon
16:20 ardissone: [3:42pm] ardissone: ted might have bitrotted the project part; not sure
16:21 ardissone: anything else on 2.0.3?
16:22 ardissone: on the 1.6 front, still no stats from ss
16:22 ardissone: need to ping him about that again :/
16:23 smorgan: And to send me logs :D
16:23 ardissone: last week we filed bug about offering an additional update
16:23 ardissone: smorgan's going to have to add some logic to the update script for that
16:24 ardissone: (yes, and those logs)
16:24 ardissone: maybe once the world cup is over and he has nothing to tweet about all day, we'll get our info :P
16:25 ardissone: On 2.0.4
16:25 ardissone: last week we landed all of the bugs we have fixed so far
16:26 ardissone: including our attempt to fix the Sparkle query string
16:26 ardissone: i need to do a quick check with the new JEP and then request approval for that
16:26 ardissone: at least one of the fixed bugs shows up in the top 300 crashes
16:27 ardissone: then we have two additional bugs sort-of in progress
16:27 ardissone: the location bar unescaping
16:27 ardissone: and hendy's got the Flashblock exceptions list
16:28 ardissone: hendy: any updates there? ;)
16:28 hendy: ack
16:28 hendy: not this week, sorry
16:28 ardissone: ok
16:28 ardissone: oh, and not-yet-in-progress is the bookmarks metadata bug
16:29 ardissone:
16:30 smorgan: It's on my list
16:30 ardissone: ok :)
16:31 ardissone: 2.0.4 should be behind 2.1a1 in priority, generally speaking
16:31 ardissone: which we'll seque right into, unless anyone has anything else on 2.0.4
16:34 ardissone: so
16:34 ardissone: on 2.1a1, we're down to 2 blockers:
16:34 ardissone: the lying macros in history/places integration
16:34 ardissone: and the location bar sucking :P
16:35 ardissone: (at least perf-wise)
16:35 ardissone: last week was productive in terms of landing already-written stuff:
16:35 smorgan: The null checks probably aren't really a blocker
16:35 ardissone: ok
16:36 ardissone: smorgan landed his focus workaround
16:37 ardissone: we got key events, cocoa print UI l10n, and something that's escaping me now landed in Gecko on the branch
16:37 ardissone: oh, license updates :P
16:37 ardissone: i landed our about:config integer work-around, too
16:38 ardissone: so the big thing left is picking up dan's perf fixes for autocomplete
16:39 ardissone: so we're somewhat close to our "end of June" target ;)
16:39 ardissone: also, related, CVS trunk Cm2.1 builds are no more
16:39 ardissone: so you can all delete those trees ;)
16:40 ardissone: in the process, we lost cb-minibinus :(
16:40 ardissone: our last PPC
16:40 ardissone: IT is still trying to resurrect him, but it's not looking promising
16:41 ardissone: i still have to clean up some things, but generally speaking we're all 2.1-M1.9.2 and 2.0 now
16:42 ardissone: anyone have anything else on 2.1/2.1a1?
16:45 ardissone: dveditz mentioned to me the other day that we really need to be sure to request blocking on Core bugs that we need fixed, so we need to do that on the 2.0 fka 1.9.3 widget startup crash bug, so that Gecko drivers know it's important
16:45 ardissone: even though we're not working there anymore right now
16:46 ardissone: anyone have anything else today?
16:48 ardissone: OK then
16:48 ardissone: everyone please work on those 2.1a1/2.0.4 bugs, and have a good week :)