Jump to navigation Jump to search
What does Camino have?
- Address Book
- We list address book entries in the bookmark manager
- We have Show and Add context menu items for mailto: links
- We do form fill using the Me card
- We send links to any system default mail client
- We create new mails in any system default mail client
- We list available severs on the local network
- We allow spotlight to search trough our bookmarks
- Camino uses the Mac OS X spelling dictionaries
What does Camino lack?
Below is a list of features that could be implemented to provide greater support for Mac OS X applications and services.
- Black list: a list of websites a user can't access. A sheet will show and lead you to a blank page.
- a sheet ??? :P
- White list: a list of websites a user can access. Trying to access any other pages will not be possible. I'm assuming this would have bookmark bar integration.
- bookmark bar integration ???
- Perhaps a way for parents to lock preferences?
- Provide a way for users to lookup selected text in the system dictionary.
- Show how definitions of words in the browser.
- Depends on Mac a11y support in Gecko - Bug 342989
iPhoto & iLife
- Image to iPhoto CM - Bug 311621
- There are QuickPicks available from PMC to backup a users profile.
- Provide a way for users to easily backup and share their bookmarks using iSync and .mac Backup - Bug 228123
Send complete page to Mail
- Provide a way of sending the html to Mail, similar to the way we do with Save HTML complete.
- This is problematic because it assumes all mail clients = Mail.app, and because of the poor support for HTML pasteboard flavors among Mac apps; see http://hsivonen.iki.fi/kesakoodi/clipboard/ Gecko's HTML Complete is also an inappropriate format for doing this.
- Provide a way for users to easily access features using AppleScript.
- Provide automator actions/support to allow easy automation of tasks - Bug 339696