About Camino® 2.1
After over a year of hard work by devoted volunteers, the Camino Project is proud to give you Camino 2.1. This latest version includes many bug fixes and new features, providing all users with an improved browsing experience. This release displays web pages with Gecko 1.9.2, the same rendering engine used by the popular Firefox 3.6 web browser, improving web compatibility and sharing many of the security fixes and Gecko improvements that are in that version of Firefox.
The features listed below are just some of the many changes in Camino 2.1.
Camino 2.1 is available for Mac OS X 10.4 and later.
Features in Camino 2.1
The following are the major changes and improvements made since the Camino 2.0 release. A full list is available on our website.
- Web content support
- Enhanced location bar autocomplete
- A completely rewritten autocomplete now searches both bookmarks and history and matches against page titles as well as page URLs.
- Changes to plug-in support
- Camino now disables certain insecure or incompatible versions of common plug-ins.
- A new “Internet Plug-Ins” folder in the profile allows for Camino-only plug-ins.
- A new hidden preference allows disabling specific plug-ins.
- Camino no longer includes a Java plug-in; users who need to run Java applets should install Java Plug-In 2 or the Java Embedding Plugin, as appropriate for the version of Mac OS X in use.
- Offline mode
- New “Work Offline” and “Go Online” items in the “Camino” menu allow Camino to enter offline mode and provide a more useful experience when no network connection is available.
- Status Bar
- The status bar can now be hidden by choosing “Hide Status Bar” in “View” menu.
For information about other issues or problems, please visit our Help page.
- If “Ask me before accepting each cookie” is checked, Camino will display a cookie dialog for each cookie request from a web page.
- Incompatible third-party plug-ins:
- PDF Browser Plugin version 2.4 and newer are incompatible with Camino; to display PDF files in Camino on Mac OS X 10.6 or newer, use version 2.3 of the plug-in.
- Incompatible third-party software:
- 1Password is known to crash Camino in some cases, particularly when customizing the toolbar. If you experience crashes, try removing 1Password's Camino integration.