Status Meetings:2007-04-25:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
[12:07pm] froodian: alright, let's get started
[12:07pm] froodian: everybody please to be opening your browser windows to
[12:07pm] peeja: first up, snowman bugs
[12:08pm] cl: wow, look at all that agendizing
[12:08pm] cl: good job, agendizers who followed me
[12:08pm] ardissone|food: we're in pretty good shape, aside from the regressions we keep finding
[12:08pm] ardissone|food: and random clumps of Talkback that worry me
[12:09pm] ardissone|food: geck cold freeze got pushed back
[12:09pm] cl: to when?
[12:09pm] ardissone|food: because f too many blockers
[12:09pm] froodian: which is good, since we haven't gotten much done
[12:09pm] ardissone|food: TBA
[12:09pm] cl: haha
[12:09pm] ardissone|food: supposedly this week
[12:10pm] froodian: so we should work hard to try to finish up
[12:10pm] cl: I wasn't sure if it got pushed back since you agendized or not, that's all
[12:10pm] ardissone|food: no, sam was working on pushing it back last week
[12:10pm] ardissone|food: for reasons unrelated to us
[12:10pm] cl: ah
[12:11pm] ardissone|food: we need to try and get our bugs in
[12:11pm] ardissone|food: and do a "code complete" build we can push
[12:11pm] froodian: and on that note, anybody have anything before we talk about the 1.5 bugs?
[12:12pm] ardissone|food: to make sure there aren't mnore regressions
[12:12pm] thebot joined the chat room.
[12:12pm] ardissone|food: thebot!
[12:12pm] froodian: Bug 378464 is waiting on me
[12:12pm] thebot: hi ardissone|food
[12:12pm] thebot: froodian: Bug nor, --, Camino1.5,, NEW, When session saving is off, opening the application from a link opens too many tab/windows
[12:12pm] froodian: somebody give me a seriously hard time if i dont' review it before sleeping tonight
[12:13pm] cl: promises to do exactly that
[12:13pm] froodian: good then
[12:13pm] froodian: Bug 373275 needs more English-speaking eyes
[12:13pm] thebot: froodian: Bug nor, --, Camino1.5,, NEW, Final Release Notes for Camino 1.1
[12:13pm] froodian: (see the wiki page for the draft)
[12:13pm] ardissone|food: i swapped things around
[12:13pm] ardissone|food: since the web used a different format 
[12:13pm] ardissone|food: at least, we need to order the features right still
[12:14pm] cl: suggests mento and smorgan be unleashed on the relnotes at this point
[12:14pm] ardissone|food: we may want to add additional points under each feature?
[12:14pm] ardissone|food: wishes ss would come back
[12:14pm] froodian: i think it's meaty enough as it is, personally
[12:14pm] ardissone|food: k
[12:15pm] froodian: let's do a little more polish, then post in the bug for mento to sr?
[12:15pm] ardissone|food: so, language and order sugg welcome
[12:15pm] ardissone|food: mhm
[12:15pm] froodian: Bug 363010
[12:15pm] cl: i'll take a look at the relnotes after the meeting
[12:15pm] froodian: smorgan: where does this stand?
[12:15pm] froodian: cl: thanks
[12:16pm] thebot: froodian: Bug nor, --, Camino1.5,, ASSI, Include localized/multilingual EULAs in the .dmg license agreement
[12:16pm] smorgan: I need to make the changes
[12:16pm] froodian: k
[12:17pm] froodian: Bug 378624 just needs sr... could smorgan do that in lieu of mento, or is it mentobuildland?
[12:17pm] thebot: froodian: Bug enh, --, Camino1.5,, ASSI, Update flashblock to version 1.3.6
[12:18pm] froodian: (not to volunteer you or anything... ;))
[12:18pm] smorgan: I know nothing about FB; I'm not SRing it
[12:18pm] froodian: k
[12:18pm] froodian: in that case, let's remember to bug mento
[12:19pm] froodian: so that's the list for 1.5
[12:19pm] ardissone|food: i just put it up last night 
[12:19pm] froodian: ardissone|food: oh, true 
[12:19pm] froodian: want to get this thing out the door
[12:19pm] froodian: s/want/wants/
[12:19pm] ardissone|food: too
[12:20pm] froodian: ok, people have energy to discuss a few non-1.5 bugs?
[12:21pm] ardissone|food: mhmn
[12:21pm] froodian: Bug 331066 is cool.  if it gets reviewed in time for 1.5, we should take it.
[12:21pm] thebot: froodian: Bug nor, --, Camino1.6,, ASSI, View source window does not tile properly or remember size/position
[12:21pm] froodian: Bug 376930 probably needs pink's input
[12:21pm] ardissone|food: (it's a 1-liner)
[12:21pm] thebot: froodian: Bug nor, --, ---,, UNCO, Overflow menu covers whole upper right part of my screen
[12:21pm] cl: hah, that pung me
[12:22pm] froodian: especially since having it as a pop-up was his deal in the first place
[12:22pm] ardissone|food: mhm
[12:22pm] froodian: iirc
[12:23pm] froodian: Bug 363951
[12:23pm] Pinolo|work joined the chat room.
[12:23pm] thebot: froodian: Bug nor, --, ---,, UNCO, Action menu button in Show Cookies sheet lacks "Add" (whitelist) option
[12:23pm] froodian: is unco, and we should make it not so
[12:23pm] froodian: pauses to read the bug
[12:23pm] ardissone|food: Pinolo|work: hi
[12:23pm] Pinolo|work was promoted to operator by froodian.
[12:23pm] Pinolo|work: hi
[12:23pm] cl: welcome, Marcello 
[12:23pm] ardissone|food: did you have items?
[12:25pm] froodian: I say WONTFIX on that bug.  It seems like UI bloat for an edge use-case that's already possible (though granted, not streamlined)
[12:26pm] Pinolo|work is now known as Pinolo.
[12:26pm] cl left the chat room. (Connection reset by peer)
[12:26pm] cl joined the chat room.
[12:26pm] Pinolo: ardissone: where you asking me?
[12:26pm] Pinolo: were
[12:26pm] ardissone|food: if you had issues you wanted to discuss
[12:27pm] Pinolo: not big deal. have you read about the UTF .strings files?
[12:27pm] ardissone|food: yeah
[12:27pm] ardissone|food: i think it's safe to say it's highly unlikely we'll reland all the nibs and strings after editing on PPC to fix the endian issues, so everyone should use Stefano's work-around for now
[12:28pm] ardissone|food: i'm surprised no one has encountered that bug before and reported it to Apple, this far into Intel...
[12:28pm] ardissone|food: <-- for everyone who wonders what we're discussing
[12:29pm] ardissone|food: "The second one..."
[12:29pm] cl left the chat room. (Connection reset by peer)
[12:29pm] cl joined the chat room.
[12:30pm] cl: apologises contritely for the connectivity issues that I'm sure are driving people nuts
[12:30pm] Pinolo: do you know a quick way to have a list of files in UTF-Intel inside a pkg?
[12:32pm] ardissone|food: it's the individual .strings files generated from the nibs that are (most of) the issue, right?
[12:32pm] ardissone|food: (since we only have 3 actual .strings files in a real build)
[12:33pm] Pinolo: looking at Stefano's post, I think the trouble is with the .strings files like localizable.strings
[12:33pm] Pinolo: not the ones extracted from the .nibs
[12:35pm] Pinolo: thinks there are more .strings, but is digging now to find out
[12:35pm] ardissone|food: TextEdit claims Loc.stings and CertifDialg.strings are both PPC-endian
[12:35pm] ardissone|food: oh, there are the ones in all the prefPanes and .plugins, too
[12:36pm] ardissone|food: but for the most part, they shouldn't have changed
[12:37pm] Pinolo: talkback?
[12:37pm] ardissone|food: yeah, but also shouldn't have changed, i don't think
[12:37pm] ardissone|food: and it;'s always UTF-8, anyway
[12:38pm] thebot: Firefox: 'Linux fxdbug-linux-tbox Depend' has changed state from Test Failed to Success.
[12:38pm] You kicked thebot from the chat room. (ardissone|food)
[12:39pm] ardissone|food: one is UTF-16 PPC, the other UTF-8
[12:39pm] ardissone|food: in talkback
[12:39pm] ardissone|food: smorgan: do you know an easy way to automatically check a bunch of files for byte order?
[12:40pm] Pinolo: I'll do a check and let you know. I don't think UTF8 is good for AppleGlot
[12:40pm] Pinolo: It'll be good to know from anyone with MacIntel
[12:40pm] smorgan: Look at the first few bytes of the file?
[12:41pm] ardissone|food: opening in TextWrangler and checking the menu will show encoding/byte order, but there are a lot of .strings and .strings-generated-from-nibs to check 
[12:41pm] froodian: ok, we should wrap this meeting up.  can we continue strings talk in #camino?
[12:42pm] ardissone|food: yeah, there's a bug on the UTF-8 files in Talkback already
[12:42pm] ardissone|food: sure
[12:42pm] Pinolo: ok, froodian
[12:42pm] froodian: anybody else have an opinion on Bug 363951 first
[12:42pm] froodian: ?
[12:42pm] ardissone|food: is that the one to WF?
[12:42pm] cl: No.
[12:42pm] froodian: that's sort of the question...
[12:42pm] cl: That's the one to confirm so I can fix it. 
[12:43pm] cl: yes, it's "bloat", but it also makes little sense to have a "block" action without the corresponding "allow" action
[12:44pm] ardissone|food: you're already allowing them if they're there 
[12:44pm] cl: there are a LOT of people who ask for session cookies on feedback; presumably at least some of them follow a similar use case to my own
[12:44pm] froodian: seems like everybody speaking has made their opinions known, motion to table until somebody new cares to weigh in.
[12:45pm] ardissone|food: seconded
[12:45pm] cl: grr
[12:45pm] froodian: in that case, good meeting.  fix the 1.5 bugs!  ian, review murph's AE fix
[12:45pm] froodian was kicked from the chat room by froodian. (wheee)