Status Meetings:2008-07-30:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
[01:37am] You were promoted to operator by chanserv.
[01:37am] You changed the topic to "".
[01:37am] ardissone: bleh, sucky lag
[01:37am] cl|zzzz was promoted to operator by you.
[01:37am] delliott was promoted to operator by you.
[01:44am] You are now known as ardissone.
[01:45am] You changed the topic to "".
[01:45am] You changed the topic to "".
[01:45am] You changed the topic to "".
[01:45am] You rejoined the room.
[01:45am] You were promoted to operator by chanserv.
[05:39am] cl|zzzz is now known as cl.
[05:42am] cl left the chat room. (Quit: back later, possibly in time for the meeting)
[11:24am] murph_ joined the chat room.
[11:33am] cl joined the chat room.
[11:34am] cl: ...and I made it.
[11:56am] jeff joined the chat room.
[11:58am] jeff was promoted to operator by you.
[11:58am] cl was promoted to operator by you.
[11:58am] smorgan joined the chat room.
[11:58am] smorgan was promoted to operator by you.
[11:58am] murph_ was promoted to operator by you.
[11:59am] ardissone: let's see if mento comes
[12:02pm] mento joined the chat room.
[12:02pm] mento was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:02pm] ardissone: ok
[12:02pm] ardissone: welcome back everyone
[12:02pm] ardissone: we have a real agenda today since the wiki is eating
[12:02pm] ardissone: so everyone open your Camino-something to
[12:03pm] ardissone: as you can tell from #camino
[12:03pm] ardissone: 1passwd continues to be a problem for 1.6.1
[12:03pm] ardissone: in addition to the other ususal suspects
[12:04pm] ardissone: new this week, though, is...
[12:04pm] ardissone: CamiTools!
[12:04pm] ardissone: boggles
[12:05pm] ardissone: also, there were a fair number of
[12:05pm] ardissone: smorgan or mento: does that mean anything?
[12:07pm] smorgan: Hrm, borked index file, probably
[12:07pm] smorgan: If it's an exception, we can wrap that line; if it's a crash, we are SOL
[12:07pm] smorgan: Worth filing a bug on
[12:07pm] ardissone: so file it
[12:07pm] ardissone: k
[12:08pm] ardissone: 1.6.3
[12:08pm] ardissone: mento: any idea when you'll have time to spin?
[12:09pm] ardissone: Markus was going to mass copy-paste and find-replace in the relnotes rather than sending them back out to l10n teams
[12:09pm] ardissone: last week, so he should be ready to build once we have a build
[12:10pm] ardissone: i'd like to have a couple-day RC period just to be sure things are OK
[12:10pm] ardissone: i've been running nightlies and haven't noticed anything, tho
[12:11pm] ardissone: the website is all ready, minus the release date and the new feeds
[12:11pm] ardissone: smorgan: will you be able to re-generate the static feed files again from the updated descriptions/definitions?
[12:12pm] smorgan: Sure
[12:12pm] ardissone: ok
[12:13pm] ardissone: so we're in pretty good shape there once we spring mento from the SearchCo dungeon 
[12:13pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else on 1.6.x?
[12:14pm] ardissone: Camino 2.0
[12:14pm] ardissone: july's big news is the new sparkle landed
[12:15pm] ardissone: and we're set up for going to 1.5 final when it's done
[12:15pm] smorgan: Someday I'll have my computer set up and have internet, and I can actually do the rest of the 2.0 work...
[12:15pm] cl: no offense intended to smorgan at all, since he's been working really hard, but "new sparkle" being the big news for all of july is sad.
[12:15pm] cl: Just an observation.
[12:15pm] ardissone: the Core part of anti-phishing also landed, so we're not blocked on them
[12:16pm] ardissone: smorgan: should we redirect sr requests to pink, or was he only more responsive because his recent srs have been small?
[12:17pm] smorgan: I'm not sure. Once I'm online at home again, I'm going to try very hard to clear my queue
[12:18pm] ardissone: k
[12:18pm] ardissone: i also wanted to ask you about dougt's patch
[12:19pm] ardissone: now that bugzilla loaded it
[12:19pm] smorgan: It should just land with pink's change
[12:20pm] ardissone: and your comment 11?
[12:20pm] smorgan: Oh, and my change
[12:20pm] smorgan: I'll make a not to land that when I get a chance
[12:21pm] ardissone: is that just ?
[12:22pm] ardissone: if so, i can do it and we can polish this off before we forget about it
[12:22pm] ardissone: next
[12:22pm] ardissone: murph_: what's new?
[12:22pm] smorgan: ardissone: yes
[12:23pm] murph_: I'm just about ready to submit a patch fixing the browser window key view loop
[12:23pm] ardissone: smorgan: i'll do that later today, then
[12:23pm] ardissone: nice
[12:23pm] murph_: as we talked about last week, though, without hacking ChildViews into the loop, the toolbar is skipped when reverse tabbing
[12:24pm] murph_: and after that I'll revisit some safe browsing bugs, the first of which is inserting those test urls into the local database
[12:24pm] ardissone: sounds good
[12:25pm] ardissone: jeff: any tabs news?
[12:26pm] jeff: yea, so I've been kinda busy lately with a summer class, thought it would be a cake walk, thought wrong
[12:26pm] ardissone:
[12:26pm] jeff: but that is winding down now
[12:27pm] jeff: so starting next week I will be back to a normal development cycle, I have some code, just need to dust it off
[12:27pm] ardissone: when does fall start for you?
[12:27pm] jeff: sept 10th
[12:27pm] ardissone: k
[12:27pm] jeff: so I have a few weeks of nothing coming up
[12:28pm] ardissone: s/nothing/Camino/  
[12:28pm] jeff: and so when I can sleep again, I will be willing to get some patches in
[12:28pm] ardissone:
[12:28pm] jeff: yea
[12:28pm] ardissone: ok, good luck with the rest of the class, and we'll leave you alone for a bit
[12:28pm] ardissone: also in july news
[12:29pm] jeff: be rest assured, I am still folding my arms and looking angry and talking to my hand
[12:29pm] ardissone: trendyhendy from the forum posted a patch to hook up Gecko content zoom
[12:29pm] ardissone: haha
[12:29pm] ardissone: and murph did a first review on it
[12:30pm] ardissone: we should have a bit of a UI discussion, though
[12:30pm] ardissone:
[12:30pm] smorgan: Your comment sounds good to me
[12:30pm] ardissone: because i think showing all 6 options make the menu look too busy
[12:31pm] ardissone: i haven't come up with any better item names so far, though 
[12:32pm] ardissone: but otherwise, that was a quick UI discussion 
[12:33pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else specifically about 2.0 or 2.0a1?
[12:34pm] ardissone: zoom looks like it should be ready for a1, so we'll have a nice additional user feature beyond "general comes-for-free-with-Gecko stuff"
[12:35pm] ardissone: can we aim for getting a1 out in August?
[12:35pm] smorgan: desperately hopes so
[12:35pm] ardissone:
[12:35pm] smorgan: I hate having delayed the release for months already
[12:36pm] ardissone: !clone smorgan
[12:37pm] ardissone: also, pretty much everyone has a cl patch waiting for review (and if you don't, there's one without a reviewer), so please check your queues and see if you can unlogjam cl ;)
[12:38pm] cl: seriously.
[12:38pm] cl: of course, in the meantime, I'm keeping my skillz sharp by writing other stuff that I've been putting off :P
[12:39pm] ardissone: to keep 2.0 rolling, we have to keep the queue flowing, and for the past couple of months the queue's mostly been collecting patches, which is not so good
[12:40pm] ardissone: and until smorgan gets caught up, we should also try to route around him where reasonable/possible
[12:40pm] ardissone: that's probably all of 2 unwritten patches, but whatever ;)
[12:42pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else this week?
[12:42pm] kreeger joined the chat room.
[12:44pm] kreeger: .
[12:44pm] ardissone: ok then
[12:45pm] ardissone: everyone have a good week, enjoy the summer air, write some code, but don't forget about your review queues ;)