Status Meetings:2009-03-04:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
[02:04am] You were promoted to operator by chanserv.
[02:04am] You changed the topic to "".
[02:05am] cl|zzz was promoted to operator by you.
[02:05am] peeja was promoted to operator by you.
[09:36am] cl|zzz is now known as cl.
[09:36am] cl: i won't be here for the meeting today
[09:37am] cl: at least, not most of it
[09:37am] cl: i might be here half an hour late
[10:30am] cl left the chat room. (Quit: off to work)
[12:01pm] smorgan joined the chat room.
[12:02pm] smorgan was promoted to operator by you.
[12:02pm] You are now known as ardissone|foraging.
[12:02pm] hendy joined the chat room.
[12:03pm] pinkerton joined the chat room.
[12:03pm] pinkerton was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:04pm] hendy was promoted to operator by you.
[12:08pm] murph joined the chat room.
[12:09pm] murph was promoted to operator by you.
[12:10pm] ardissone|foraging: ok
[12:10pm] ardissone|foraging: everyone please open your Camino 2.0b2 or newer to
[12:12pm] ardissone|foraging: We released 2.0b2 on Friday, in case your software update notification failed 
[12:13pm] ardissone|foraging: some good news: only 14 PPC crashes in 4 days
[12:13pm] ardissone|foraging: also, the website can handle serving live feeds to 2.0* users
[12:14pm] ilya joined the chat room.
[12:14pm] ilya was promoted to operator by you.
[12:14pm] ardissone|foraging: new fun swizzles this week, though 
[12:15pm] ardissone|foraging: anyone have anything else on 2.0b2?
[12:16pm] ardissone|foraging: on the 1.6.x front
[12:16pm] ardissone|foraging: the next Gecko release is scheduled for two weeks
[12:17pm] ardissone|foraging: so it would be very useful if we could drive those crash fixes to be ready by next week
[12:19pm] ardissone|foraging: cl and smorgan each have two open bugs
[12:19pm] smorgan: I'll get mine fixed ASAP
[12:20pm] ardissone|foraging: the one got sr this morning 
[12:20pm] ardissone|foraging: i think cl has patches for both of his
[12:21pm] ardissone|foraging: looks like one of cl's did too, pending comments
[12:21pm] ardissone|foraging: so that's good
[12:22pm] pinkerton: they're minor. looks like he just re-attached the wrong diff
[12:22pm] ardissone|foraging: so i think we're in good shape there
[12:23pm] ardissone|foraging: i'll try to remember to switch this Mac over to a nightly
[12:23pm] ardissone|foraging: i assume that the plan here is to release a final EOL 1.6.x after we've released 2.0?
[12:25pm] ardissone|foraging: which may just mean a "new" Gecko in May, unless we somehow introduce a new crasher 
[12:25pm] ardissone|foraging: anyone have anything else on 1.6.x?
[12:26pm] cl joined the chat room.
[12:26pm] cl: hey, not even half an hour late 
[12:26pm] cl was promoted to operator by you.
[12:27pm] ardissone|foraging: cl: aim to have those camino1.6.7? ready for landing next week
[12:28pm] cl: sure thing
[12:28pm] ardissone|foraging: ty 
[12:28pm] ardissone|foraging: on to 2.0
[12:28pm] ardissone|foraging: two Gecko fixes landed last week after we built 2.0b2
[12:29pm] ardissone|foraging: one changing exception-handling in swizzled code, to keep it from screwing with our natural exceptions handling flow
[12:29pm] ardissone|foraging: one letting menus get first crack at keyboard commands
[12:30pm] ardissone|foraging: we should keep our eyes peeled for unexpected regressions
[12:30pm] ardissone|foraging: anti-phishing: murph has been making some slow steady progress towards fixing follow-ups
[12:33pm] ardissone|foraging: still no sign of jeff aka NSControl 
[12:34pm] ardissone|foraging: smorgan: any breakpad updates?
[12:34pm] smorgan: Not yet, sorry
[12:35pm] ardissone|foraging: i still haven't had time to get back to weeding out the unused Gecko strings, either
[12:35pm] ardissone|foraging: hendy: UTF-8 or flashblock CM news?
[12:36pm] hendy: i might actually make progress on both today.
[12:36pm] ardissone|foraging:
[12:36pm] cl: ardissone|foraging: just updated the cookies patch
[12:36pm] cl: so that's ready for checkin
[12:36pm] ardissone|foraging: yay
[12:36pm] hendy: the flashblock CM is in a working state. i just need to upload a diff and like a million questions.
[12:37pm] ardissone|foraging:
[12:37pm] cl: haha
[12:37pm] hendy: not checkin-ready, unfortunately
[12:37pm] cl: a million questions might exceed the limitations bugzilla places on comment size 
[12:37pm] hendy: there are only a few things
[12:38pm] hendy: it's not very optimised, but that can be fixed
[12:38pm] hendy: but once the patch is up, i'll finish up the utf-8 stuff
[12:38pm] ardissone|foraging:
[12:38pm] ardissone|foraging: sounds good
[12:39pm] cl: hendy: if you want someone else to r that patch I stuck in your queue, go ahead and kick it elsewhere
[12:39pm] hendy: i see no bug in me queue, guvner
[12:40pm] ardissone|foraging: we definitely need to work on keeping our queues moving
[12:40pm] ardissone|foraging: cl: did you request sr for the Dock-walking patch?
[12:41pm] ardissone|foraging: pink cleared his sr queue this morning, but you couldn't tell by looking at it now 
[12:41pm] hendy: cl: got a bug number?
[12:41pm] pinkerton: bah
[12:41pm] ardissone|foraging: is it ?
[12:42pm] ardissone|foraging: in the r queue, we have two patches that are a day old, and everything else is two months or more old 
[12:43pm] hendy: yeah, i can take a stab at that one
[12:44pm] ardissone|foraging: anyone have anything else on 2.0?
[12:44pm] cl: hendy: yeah, the one ardissone|foraging pointed at
[12:45pm] hendy: cool
[12:48pm] ardissone|foraging: ok, anyone have anything else at all?
[12:50pm] ardissone|foraging: oops
[12:50pm] ardissone|foraging: ilya: sorry, i forgot you joined 
[12:51pm] ardissone|foraging: any updates from you on downloads?
[12:51pm] ilya: no worries
[12:51pm] ilya: no updates really, either
[12:51pm] ilya: classes are keeping me busy
[12:51pm] ardissone|foraging: k
[12:51pm] ilya: anything I should try to look at soon?
[12:52pm] ardissone|foraging: the biggest download-related thing i can think of is cl's stalled patch
[12:52pm] cl: yeah, that's on my to-do list for this afternoon/tomorrow/etc.
[12:52pm] ardissone|foraging: growl users are going to complain if they can't suppress the dlmgr, i think
[12:53pm] ilya: that we are 
[12:53pm] ardissone|foraging: so we need that patch working right, but otherwise i don't know of any pressing download issues
[12:54pm] ilya: o.k.
[12:55pm] ardissone|foraging: reviews for people, if you can manage them, would be helpful
[12:55pm] ilya: yeah, I could try that
[12:56pm] ardissone|foraging: :)
[12:56pm] ardissone|foraging: so folks, don't forget you can tag ilya for reviews, too ;)
[12:57pm] ardissone|foraging: last call: anything else?
[12:57pm] ilya: needs to head over to class, brb
[12:57pm] ilya left the chat room. (Quit: ilya)
[1:00pm] ardissone|foraging: ok then
[1:00pm] ardissone|foraging: everyone have a good week and work on those 2.0b3 bugs :D
[1:00pm] smorgan left the chat room. (Quit: smorgan)