Status Meetings:2009-04-15:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
[03:14am] You were promoted to operator by chanserv.
[03:14am] You changed the topic to "".
[03:14am] cl was promoted to operator by you.
[06:12am] cl left the chat room. (Quit: cl)
[11:58am] murph joined the chat room.
[11:58am] murph was promoted to operator by you.
[12:01pm] You are now known as ardissone|foraging.
[12:02pm] pinkerton joined the chat room.
[12:02pm] pinkerton was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:02pm] mento joined the chat room.
[12:02pm] mento was promoted to operator by chanserv.
[12:02pm] smorgan joined the chat room.
[12:02pm] smorgan was promoted to operator by you.
[12:02pm] kreeger joined the chat room.
[12:02pm] kreeger was promoted to operator by you.
[12:07pm] ardissone|foraging: ok, are we ready to go?
[12:07pm] ardissone|foraging: tries to remember what he wanted to ask mento about tboxen
[12:07pm] mento: boxboxbox
[12:08pm] ardissone|foraging: oh
[12:08pm] ardissone|foraging: hourly-only
[12:08pm] ardissone|foraging: so that it sends builds but doesn't clobber the nightlies
[12:09pm] ardissone|foraging:
[12:10pm] ardissone|foraging: if you didn't see it on twitter
[12:10pm] ardissone|foraging: Camino is a finalist in the Webware100 awards
[12:10pm] ardissone|foraging:
[12:10pm] pinkerton: yay!
[12:12pm] ardissone|foraging: bizarre, but cool
[12:12pm] ardissone|foraging: on the b2 front
[12:12pm] ardissone|foraging: crash levels are staying consistent
[12:13pm] ardissone|foraging: we have a possible new case of bug
[12:13pm] ardissone|foraging: which philippe last saw years ago on 1.8
[12:13pm] ardissone|foraging:
[12:13pm] ardissone|foraging: is that AppKit or swizzling?
[12:14pm] smorgan: probably just appkit
[12:14pm] ardissone|foraging: k
[12:15pm] ardissone|foraging: dunno if this is anything or not:
[12:17pm] smorgan: Not sure offhand
[12:17pm] ardissone|foraging: k
[12:18pm] cl joined the chat room.
[12:18pm] ardissone|foraging: anyone else have anything with 2.0b2?
[12:18pm] cl was promoted to operator by you.
[12:20pm] ardissone|foraging: on to 1.6.7
[12:20pm] ardissone|foraging: i was still able to poke crashes this week
[12:21pm] ardissone|foraging: Flash, OS libs (many of which seem plugin-related)
[12:21pm] ardissone|foraging:
[12:21pm] ardissone|foraging:
[12:21pm] ardissone|foraging: is that the world ending?
[12:23pm] smorgan: I'd need to see the right source version, one sec
[12:24pm] ardissone|foraging: k
[12:24pm] cl: i suspect some of these people have inputmanagers or hacks installed that are breaking stuff
[12:24pm] smorgan: That line number doesn't really make sense to me
[12:25pm] smorgan: Soon we will be able to see input managers!
[12:25pm] ardissone|foraging: awesome 
[12:25pm] ardissone|foraging: yeah, that will be great
[12:26pm] ardissone|foraging: and hopefully have better stacks on the whole
[12:26pm] smorgan: Once I do symbols 
[12:26pm] ardissone|foraging: anyone have anything else on 2.0b2 or 1.6.7?
[12:27pm] ardissone|foraging: yeah, isn't so helpful 
[12:27pm] smorgan: mento knows what the stack is
[12:28pm] ardissone|foraging: CHMentoCrash()?
[12:28pm] mento: by "knows what the stack is" you mean symbolize it?
[12:28pm] smorgan: mento: exactly
[12:28pm] pinkerton: brb, food
[12:28pm] mento: ugh, why are there no symbols!
[12:28pm] smorgan: mento: because I didn't do that part yet?
[12:28pm] mento:
[12:28pm] ardissone|foraging: it's our very first breakpad 
[12:29pm] smorgan: I was doing it in pieces to keep the reviews smaller. I'll start on that right after landing
[12:29pm] ardissone|foraging: mento: you're my hero for breakpad, btw 
[12:29pm] mento: smorgan: it's in _CFRunLoopWakeUp
[12:30pm] mento: and i don't have that particular build here to look at syms from libwidget_mac.dylib
[12:30pm] smorgan: Yeah, I'm confused as to why we don't have the top and bottom symbols
[12:30pm] smorgan: mento: don't me modest, we know you can intuit symbols from addresses even without a build 
[12:30pm] mento: hehe
[12:30pm] smorgan: Maybe they don't keep OS symbols current?
[12:30pm] mento: well there can't be many callers to CFRunLoopWakeUp, so let's work backwards 
[12:31pm] mento: dunno how they run their symbols server, but i'm surprised those aren't there as well
[12:31pm] ardissone|foraging: i think you have to poke someone and pray
[12:31pm] ardissone|foraging: i'm not sure
[12:32pm] mento: sounds about right
[12:32pm] ardissone|foraging: Summer of Code: results are announced Monday
[12:33pm] ardissone|foraging: 2.0
[12:33pm] ardissone|foraging: hendy popped in last night
[12:33pm] ardissone|foraging: he's been detained to help with the harvest
[12:33pm] ardissone|foraging: so no Camino from him this week
[12:34pm] ardissone|foraging: smorgan: he said he'll get to your patch next week, or you can feel free to request from someone else
[12:34pm] pinkerton: so what's the deal with soc?
[12:34pm] You are now known as ardissone.
[12:34pm] pinkerton: is mozilla determining our student, and if we get one? or does smorgan get some say?
[12:34pm] smorgan: I'm all over it
[12:35pm] smorgan: I don't know what the final count is, to know if we get someone, but I have voted
[12:36pm] ardissone: i didn't check the status of hendy's other patches, so we'll just wait for next week for utf-8 and flashblock news
[12:37pm] ardissone: murph: you've got two patches waiting for r?
[12:37pm] ilya joined the chat room.
[12:37pm] ardissone: (one of which is pink in color :P)
[12:37pm] ilya was promoted to operator by you.
[12:37pm] pinkerton: smorgan: ok cool
[12:37pm] murph: ardissone: yes, soon to be a third, I'm almost done the patch to insert test safe browsing URLs into the db
[12:37pm] cl: i have a patch for the rest of the gecko pointer stuff but i need to figure out the safe way to avoid the leaks in the case of a failure
[12:38pm] cl: and i should be able to get to that nib and downloads patch this week
[12:38pm] ardissone: cl: good
[12:38pm] ardissone: murph: nice!
[12:38pm] ardissone: i guess that means i need to get working on the webpages
[12:38pm] smorgan: I'll do the bar review shortly
[12:39pm] murph: alright, great
[12:39pm] ardissone: murph: i forget; did you check that the tab patch fixes both of those bugs, or could you only tell about the one?
[12:40pm] ardissone: they're both still UNCO, so if you've seen them both and fixed them both, we should confirm them both 
[12:40pm] murph: hmmm, I actually forgot to check in on them and see what the patch did, were they both 10.4 bugs?
[12:40pm] ardissone: yeah
[12:40pm] murph: unfortunately I'm working out of town right now and don't have my 10.4 iBook with me
[12:40pm] murph: so I can't check on them myself until next week
[12:41pm] ardissone: k
[12:41pm] ardissone: as is hendy
[12:41pm] ardissone: i'll ping eiichi and see if he sees them, i guess
[12:42pm] cl: if we have clear STR, I can try to do them when I do the dl nib, too
[12:42pm] ardissone: not sure if we do or not
[12:43pm] ardissone: smorgan's more-or-less covered breakpad status
[12:43pm] ardissone: i just need to remember to file about console scraping
[12:44pm] smorgan: Is b3 l10n freeze? I forget
[12:44pm] ardissone: yes
[12:44pm] ardissone: unless you want to do a b4 
[12:44pm] ardissone: the big black hole right now is still tabsposé
[12:45pm] ardissone: oh, speaking of l10n freeze
[12:45pm] ardissone:
[12:45pm] ardissone: (toggle for text zoom/default keystrokes)
[12:45pm] ardissone: we need to decide if we want to do that
[12:46pm] ardissone: i believe all our competitors do some form of it
[12:46pm] ardissone: (or, safari 4 will)
[12:46pm] ardissone: that's not necessarily a reason for us to do it
[12:48pm] smorgan: is ambivalent
[12:49pm] ardissone: i'm mildly in favor of it, only because i basically only text zoom, and my fingers haven't learned yet
[12:50pm] ardissone: philippe's point about the other keyboards is perhaps the strongest argument in favor
[12:50pm] ilya: also the current text zoom shortcut conflicts with the OS zoom shortcut
[12:50pm] ardissone: but that's not something we've been particularly hung up over
[12:50pm] ardissone: it does?
[12:50pm] ilya: (for universal access)
[12:51pm] cl: oh, intel 10.4....i can't test intel 10.4 if that bug turns out to be intel-only.
[12:51pm] ilya: opt cmd =  is zoom in, and opt cmd -  is zoom out in UA
[12:53pm] ardissone: can you pop that in the bug?
[12:54pm] ilya: yeah
[12:54pm] ardissone: i think we'll defer this again until next week
[12:54pm] ardissone: ilya: anything new from you?
[12:55pm] ilya: no 
[12:55pm] ardissone: ok
[12:55pm] ilya: keep being away from the computer when I have free time... 
[12:55pm] ardissone: such are the perils of spring 
[12:55pm] ardissone: i was working on some automated tests for hendy's AppleScript fixes
[12:56pm] ardissone: we get some slightly-bizarre results from Gecko, just makes the test script ugly
[12:57pm] ardissone: anything else on 2.0?
[12:59pm] pinkerton: ship it?
[12:59pm] ardissone: pinkerton: you're finishing tabsposé, then? :D
[1:00pm] pinkerton: heh
[1:00pm] ardissone: :)
[1:01pm] ardissone: queues are not very high, but they also aren't going down much
[1:01pm] pinkerton: i did my sr's
[1:01pm] ardissone: except for pink's weekly sr clearing
[1:01pm] pinkerton: :D
[1:02pm] ardissone: so we do need to make sure we're keeping on top of our r? requests
[1:02pm] ardissone: anyone have anything else?
[1:05pm] ardissone: ok then
[1:06pm] ardissone: everyone work on those 2.0 bugs and reviews, and have a good week! :D