Status Meetings:2010-06-16:Log

From Camino Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Log from #camino-mtg starting 2010-06-16 15:22:56 -0400

Link to a time in the log by using a URL like

15:22 » ardissone was promoted to operator by ChanServ.
15:23 » ardissone changed the topic to "".
15:49 » pinkerton joined the chat room.
15:49 » pinkerton was promoted to operator by ChanServ.
15:49 » David left the chat room.
15:57 » smorgan joined the chat room.
16:00 » smorgan was promoted to operator by ardissone.
16:00 ardissone: brb
16:02 » MarkDilley joined the chat room.
16:04 ardissone: well
16:04 ardissone: i guess hendy can catch up when he wakes up :)
16:04 ardissone:
16:05 ardissone: 2.0.3 is 3 weeks old today
16:05 ardissone: Something's still wrong with Socorro
16:05 ardissone: no one really knows
16:06 ardissone: the old null-sig issue was a known bug, when one processor died and corrupted every crash sent to it to process
16:06 ardissone: but we're now getting null sig crashes for crashes whose reports do not exist :P
16:07 ardissone: they're looking into it, but i expect until they figure out the massive spike in firefox crashes from the beginning of the month, we won't see much
16:07 » David joined the chat room.
16:08 ardissone: otherwise, crashes look pretty much as expected
16:09 ardissone: We had 11 of 15 l10ns participate in upstreaming breakpad l10ns
16:09 ardissone: I opened to get breakpad to take them ;)
16:10 ardissone: anyone with anything else on 2.0.3?
16:11 ardissone: ok
16:11 ardissone: 1.6.11
16:11 ardissone: Talkback was killed last night
16:12 ardissone: anyone crashing will get whatever Talkback does for "server not found" errors
16:13 ardissone: (I can't get that one bug to crash 1.6 anymore, so I can't test)
16:13 ardissone: I poked ss once or twice this week about getting stats from post-2.0.3
16:14 ardissone: so we can see if there was any decline in 1.6.x users on 10.4+
16:14 ardissone: anyone have anything else on 1.6.11? :P
16:15 ardissone: 2.0.4
16:15 ardissone: nothing new there, at least not without hendy
16:16 ardissone: 2.1
16:16 ardissone: I emailed Dan on Monday since it had been a month
16:16 ardissone: I haven't gotten any reply :(
16:17 ardissone: which puts a damper on Alpha 1
16:18 ardissone: the other half of Alpha 1 is Gecko focus, bug 563321 is the main one of many
16:19 ardissone: I did get the about:config integer fix landed on the trunk last night
16:20 ardissone: so it will be fixed elsewhere
16:20 ardissone: for branch, though, i think the simplest fix is a local fork
16:21 ardissone: of the js
16:21 ardissone: so i'll get that patch ready
16:21 ardissone: anything else on 2.1?
16:23 ardissone: Since the last meeting, nothing really new on the 1.9.3 front
16:24 ardissone: I hacked up a hack to allow us to keep building, but it's not a long-term solution and there are more breaking changes coming
16:25 ardissone: also, sounds like josh is dropping PPC support for Firefox before 1.9.3 ships
16:25 ardissone: which I assume means Gecko is dropping PPC support
16:25 smorgan: That may not actually mean anything other than them not building it
16:26 ardissone: yeah, it's unclear
16:26 ardissone: for sure
16:26 smorgan: I'd be surprised if there's a lot of arch-specific code they are dealing with
16:26 ardissone: cairo updates, video updates
16:26 smorgan: ah
16:27 ardissone: ogg failed horribly on PPC at one point
16:27 ardissone: anyway
16:28 ardissone: smorgan: have you heard from josh about key events patch on the trunk?
16:28 smorgan: no
16:28 ardissone: ok
16:28 ardissone: do we have any thoughts on what to do about the trunk?
16:31 smorgan: Wait for him to decide?
16:31 ardissone: ?
16:31 smorgan: It's Josh's call what happens with key handling on trunk
16:32 ardissone: oh
16:32 ardissone: no, i meant about "the general state of camino on the trunk"
16:32 smorgan: Ah
16:32 ardissone: sorry
16:33 smorgan: Maybe we should just ignore it until we ship something from 1.9.2
16:33 smorgan: When it was just a simple set of patches to get it building, it wasn't a big deal
16:34 smorgan: But if it's going to be 1.9.0 all over again, that time is best used on getting 2.1 out
16:34 ardissone: that's the way i've been leaning, too
16:35 ardissone: it'll suck as they break interfaces, but let's face it, it sucks to be embedding right now anyway
16:36 ardissone: any objections to that?
16:36 smorgan: And since apparently 1.9.3 is the new name for 2.0, it doesn't actually matter if we are watching for live breakage
16:36 smorgan: Since avoiding breakage is an anti-goal for them
16:36 ardissone: mhm
16:37 smorgan: The advice people always gave about Gecko 2 was for everyone else to just wait and port to it when it was stable
16:37 ardissone: not sure why they started breaking things right before they branched, though :P
16:37 ardissone: but then again, i don't understand lots of things that go on in Mountain View ;)
16:38 ardissone: ok
16:39 ardissone: pinkerton: the sr queue is half deprecation patches targeted at you ;)
16:39 pinkerton: k
16:39 ardissone: 1/4 smorgan trying to fix bad sparkle stats
16:39 ardissone: and 1/4 me making more work for everyone :P
16:41 ardissone: smorgan: can you poke since you're likely to have some idea where our code that focuses content is and maybe what it does?
16:41 smorgan: Yeah, I'll try to take a look
16:41 ardissone: thanks :)
16:42 ardissone: have you had a chance to look at my comments in the search paths bug? bug
16:44 ardissone: that's all i had today; anyone else have anything?
16:46 ardissone: ok then
16:47 ardissone: everyone please work on 2.1 stuff, and have a good week :)