Jump to navigation Jump to search
Bugzilla FAQ revision items
- Revisions to the Bugzilla FAQ
- Not for support
- Instructions for tasks QA commonly asks reporters to do
- Fresh profile
- Move UA spoofing instructions here, from hidden prefs
- (Essentially, cb.o support needs a Camino version of this)
- CUPS debug log (rare)
- Console.log (rare)
- "pay attention to your bug; we will ask you questions"
- no private emails
- new "Before filing bug" section
- When reporting a bug (beef up existing instructions)
- File using the build in which you experienced the bug
- no UA spoofing
- Some sample text here
- Attach crash log or sample (already in the FAQ)
- Screenshots in JPG or PNG, not PDF or TIFF
- “Bugzilla is not a forum” - Behave! Link to https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/page.cgi?id=etiquette.html
- Bugzilla is not for support
- Put the Bugzilla FAQ in the Support sidebar (raise visibility in support vs in development)
- Move some bug-reporting stuff from dev/ to sup/
- Note that the Bugzilla FAQ on cb.o will exist primarily for end-users (and for triage team members to point end-user to for instructions, etc.)
Getting a crash log manually
- Option B: the hard way (you've probably disabled CrashReporter)
- Open the Console application, located in the Utilities subfolder of the Applications folder.
- Click on the "Logs" toolbar icon if the logs drawer isn't showing on the left.
- In the list of logs on the left, select "~/Library/Logs" then "CrashReporter" then "Camino"
- Locate the appropriate log entry for the most recent crash. It should be the one at the bottom. Each individual crash log entry is separated by a line of asterisks from the next one above it; each entry has a date at the top of it.
- Select the entry, from the "Host name" down to the end of the entry and paste into a new plain-text document (in the TextEdit application, create a new document and choose Make Plain Text from the Format menu).
- N.B. The format of the crashlog varies between major Mac OS X versions.
- Attach this crashlog to the bug you filed.